Cardinals: Ryan Lindley in, Logan Thomas out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-wont-start-for-cardinals-ryan-lindley-will/

Report: Logan Thomas won’t start for Cardinals, Ryan Lindley will
Posted by Josh Alper on December 25, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptjkywqzodzhn2fhzmyxzmu0yzzmzdgzmti5ogfiodk2.jpeg
Getty Images

Cardinals rookie Logan Thomas had a rough opening to his first practice since being named the team’s Week 17 starter, but both he and coach Bruce Arians said that things got better as the session went along on Wednesday.

It appears that they didn’t get good enough for Thomas to hold onto the starting job until Sunday, however. Kent Somers of the Arizona Republicreports that the Cardinals have decided to go back to Week 16 starter Ryan Lindley for their regular season finale against the 49ers.

When Arians made the call to go with Thomas earlier this week, he said that he wouldn’t hesitate to pull the rookie if things weren’t going well and that Thomas’s practice performance could lead him to change his mind before Sunday. That makes Thursday’s report less surprising, if not particularly positive for an Arizona team that was likely hoping Thomas would prove to be a better option than Lindley in the event that Drew Stanton doesn’t heal in time to play in their postseason opener.

The Cardinals practice on Thursday, although Arians isn’t expected to meet with the media to discuss the latest twist at quarterback for the Cardinals until Friday.
-----------
AZ is going to be looking for another BU QB (or two) during free agency and/or the draft. That’s painfully obvious! The difference between #1, and #2/#3 is light years apart. You need a much better #2 at minimum.
------------
The magic is running out for Bruce Arians. One and done: great work by him to get this far anyway, but Lindley is a legitimate scrub and Stanton isn’t good enough win in the playoffs.
------------
I am betting Glennon is an AZ Card next year
-----------
Kurt Warner on line 1…..
----------
Might try keeping an extra blocker around so that you don’t have to go through the injured QB thing every year.
---------
Brett Favre on line 2…….
---------
Keep in mind that after Palmer was injured, there was a 4 to 5 week span before Stanton got hurt.

Steve Keim could have gotten several experienced NFL QBs who could have used that time to become familiar with BA’s offense. In fact, Keim could have made sure the Cards did not have to depend on Lindley. Unfortuanately, Keim wiffed and when stupid with Lindley on the idiotic thinking that Lindley was OK since he “knew” the offense.

What a joke and now this will cost the Cards everything.
----------
Rex Grossman just finished Kite Surfing and is on line 8.
---------
How can Thomas be worse than Lindley? That isn’t humanly possible.

There must be a WR, RB, or DB on their 53-man roster that can play QB better than Lindley, no?
---------
This is why Arians should quit popping off like he’s some genius. We’ll all find out he’s MEDIOCRE.
----------
It’s funny that people think the cards are any different than any other team. You lose your qb your team is in trouble bottom line!

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Serves Bruce Arians right for all the shit he talked. Not so easy playing your 3rd stringer is it?

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Not wishing bad things on Palmer.
What if he tears that knee again in pre-season next year?
Arians would be looking at Jeff Fisher for a way to handle that problem.
Given their personnel they would be lucky to go 8-8 :fighting:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Arians Pie Hole Prophecy.
Down to your 3rd and 4th string QB?
giphy.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As soon as the Rams are out of the equation, i'm rooting for Aaron Rodgers to get more rings....but i don't care what it takes at this point. Arians must lose. Every game.
Your up SF. Don't shit the bed, please.
NFC South champ(hopefully Carolina) is on deck.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just caught Bruce Arians moonlighting on The Tonight Show

NnKJNqT.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Being the only guy in the western hemisphere to believe in Logan Thomas, I suspect he was snatched from the starter role because of this infection to Stanton...The need ot get Lindley up to speed, and the prospect of starting Thomas in a playoff game wasn't appealing....
I hate to say it, but Bruce is getting his just due....He's kinda stupid too, cause I know Logan is better than Lindley....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Arians Pie Hole Prophecy.
Down to your 3rd and 4th string QB?
giphy.gif

Hahaha......Buschemi.......LOVE that guy because how many mothufuckus that seriously ugly decide "I'm gonna take a shot at acting" and actually kick ass at it.

It's a short list.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any other team could do the same thing to the Cardinals, if they were to release Warner’s rights. The Rams and coach Jeff Fisher could be inclined to do it, especially after that 8-8 remark from Bruce Arians a couple of weeks ago.
That would be hilarious if Fisher did that. :)
Yeah it would. Or hold Warner as ransom.

"Yeah, you can have him. It'll cost you your next 5 first round picks though. Suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

Cards could get Warner, but only by cutting him

Posted by Mike Florio on December 26, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
warner3.jpg
Getty Images
It remains unlikely that former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner will return to the team after five years away. And it wouldn’t be easy for them to get him, if he perhaps decided while under the influence of egg nog to expose his noggin to further physical contact.

But it wouldn’t be impossible. Sure, it’s too late for the Cardinals to reinstate Warner from the reserve/retired list. But there’s a way to make it happen.

Per a league source, the Cardinals could release Warner from the reserve/retired list and then re-sign him. However, Warner would first pass through waivers, which would allow any other team to disrupt the arrangement by making a claim for his contract.

That’s precisely what happened 12 years ago, when Deion Sanders wanted to unretire and climb aboard the Oakland bandwagon. After Washington released Sanders from the reserve/retired list, the Chargers (coached at the time by former Washington coach Marty Schottenheimer, whose arrival prompted Sanders to quit in the first place) claimed Sanders on waivers, short-circuiting Deion’s desire to help the Raiders win a Super Bowl.

Any other team could do the same thing to the Cardinals, if they were to release Warner’s rights. The Rams and coach Jeff Fisher could be inclined to do it, especially after that 8-8 remark from Bruce Arians a couple of weeks ago.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love to watch him play again.. But we know that ain't gonna happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be a total dick move. If Warner wants to play, let him play. He's earned it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't. Unless it is with the Rams or outside the NFC West.

I think Kurt has earned the right to play where he wants. Think of what he gave us and what he gave up to give us it.

He can play anywhere he wants...and I'll root for him. And respect him.