Bummer..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
definitely glad Goff is ok and ready to go

BUT

woulda been nice to get a look at Mannion these last two weeks and see what we have in him. interesting choice.. either give Goff more game experience or see what you have with the backups in a lost season.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think Jared needs all the reps he can get. On the flip side, If Mannion played and looked good...it could make for some trade bait :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think going with Goff is the best choice, for the Team and for him! Let's get him his 1st Win!!(y);):D

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm glad to see Goff will be ok and getting him more reps is more important. If he wasn't ready to go then yes, I wanted to see Mannion too and he will be #2 this week.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I'd have been fine with Mannion going - if he performed decent - we'd have a QB controversy!! Nothing wrong with that!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a bummer that we get to see our #1 overall pick finally get to play instead of the 3rd stringer?
Good grief
Pre season is *only* like 9 months from now, we can watch Mannion then....
Maybe

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its a bummer that we get to see our #1 overall pick finally get to play instead of the 3rd stringer?
Good grief
Pre season is *only* like 9 months from now, we can watch Mannion then....
Maybe

I don't care where they were picked.. I care about who's going to lead us to a winning record and the playoffs

obviously they're going with Goff. just woulda been nice to get a look at Mannion in some real games.. we've already seen him in preseason

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't care where they were picked.. I care about who's going to lead us to a winning record and the playoffs

obviously they're going with Goff. just woulda been nice to get a look at Mannion in some real games.. we've already seen him in preseason
If he (Goff) doesn't learn to avoid big hits, you might see Mannion by default.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
There will be plenty of reps for Mannion next pre season, Goff needs all the reps he can get. I'm hoping the next HC wont mismanage the preseason like Fisher did. Mannion may bring more trade value next preseason when QBs start going down.

jap

Legend
Jared is the franchise QB. Our opponent is the damn '9ers. It is incumbent on Jared to become fully vested in the grand tradition of kicking '9er butt continuously, especially since they blanked us to start off this sorry season. Let our saviors, Jared and Todd, provide us with hope for our 2017 tomorrow. Nothing else is more important!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
There will be plenty of reps for Mannion next pre season, Goff needs all the reps he can get. I'm hoping the next HC wont mismanage the preseason like Fisher did. Mannion may bring more trade value next preseason when QBs start going down.

How did Fisher mismanage the preseason?

Are you talking Goff's development? Goff wasn't ready for the NFL.
That's on Goff and Sonny Dykes.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

The dude got canned.... There has to be some mismanagement to get the ax, no? Maybe a tiny bit somewhere?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The dude got canned.... There has to be some mismanagement to get the ax, no? Maybe a tiny bit somewhere?

Sure

Guess I wanted a more specific explanation. Guys just throw shit out there.

He made a bad choice to have a first time coordinator for one in Boras. That's on Fisher.

FRO

Legend
Jared needs to get jump started against a bad 49ers defense. If he can't, then there's some issues.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mannion shoulda played LAST YEAR....this is Goff time....and Mannion should be ready in case he's needed....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sure

Guess I wanted a more specific explanation. Guys just throw crap out there.

He made a bad choice to have a first time coordinator for one in Boras. That's on Fisher.

I will give it a shot :LOL:

Todd Gurley -- China doll approach

Coming off a great rookie season. Eveyone's #1 fantasy pick. And what does Fisher do? Get the kid ready to run wild in 2016? No. In fact he played it scared - or overly precautious at least.

Coach Jeff Fisher made it abundantly clear in a staff meeting that Gurley, the Rams’ star running back and 2015 offensive rookie of the year, was to make it through camp unharmed.

“We need to treat him like a freakin’ quarterback,” Fisher told coaches.

You have to get a guy ready to play. Running backs get hit. They love that stuff, hence the fact the are Running Backs - i'm merely suggesting that robbing a guy of his training camp and not treating him like the rest of the team didnhim no favors. Gurley isn't some weak dude - he's a freakin' beast. That is just one example of preseason mismanagement from my POV

Jared Goff - learning from watching myth

This is what i think everyone is referring to specifically. Although i have always had a slightly different view point on it.

There wasn't a competition at all between Goff and Keenum. Keenum was annointed with the conceit that Goff wasn't ready and he needed to sit and learn like Steve McNair (God rest his soul) did all those years ago. It was the wrong move. Keenum failed to perform and not inly robbed our two prime draft picks at QB - Goff and Mannion - but it must have had a horrible impact on the relationship between the front office and the coach.

We know for a fact his preseason approach with Goff "learning from the sidelines" was a complete failure. Example:

I saw a comment here about how Goff needs to learn how to get out of bounds. Well he sure as Hell has learned that now - in week 15 - to get the f down. So clearly being on the sidelines helped him ZERO in that regard. Goff himself says he "didn't see" Sherman. So from out of his mouth with that single admission it shows that the whole notion of Goff learning the game from the sidelines doesn't really work.

Now let me ask you this, do you think Goff gonna see that s.o.b. coming next time around? You bet he will. So that begs the question. If the kid had learned how to get the fuck down in, let's say week 5, do you think we'd have had a better shot to win against the Seahawks? The answer has to be yes. Cause Goff would have gone out of bounds or slid. And we'd have been in better position to score points with him in the field. Instead he is taken off and Keenum comes on to do what he does.

Again just throwing shit around but that's a couple things i think Fisher mismanaged in the preseason
(Excuse typos)

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And the best back up QB is the one that never has to play
With all that has been invested in Goff, and how poorly he was handled, he needs every snap he can get.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

It seemed Fisher didnt give the starting OL and skill players enough reps to build any chemistry during all 5 preseasons. It is 1 thing to have a core group of vets get less playing time in preseason, but when your entire roster is young the 1s need some reps together to build chemistry. Every preseason brought the debate of is it the vanilla preseason or is the O really that bad.

Maybe a better OC would have gotten more out of the limited reps the starters got.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It seemed Fisher didnt give the starting OL and skill players enough reps to build any chemistry during all 5 preseasons. It is 1 thing to have a core group of vets get less playing time in preseason, but when your entire roster is young the 1s need some reps together to build chemistry. Every preseason brought the debate of is it the vanilla preseason or is the O really that bad.

Maybe a better OC would have gotten more out of the limited reps the starters got.
I agree with that.

A move, new system and players not getting reps....from an inexperienced OC.

Misjudged by the HC