Bruce Arians: “This will be my last job”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-coach-bruce-arians-this-will-be-my-last-job/

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians: “This will be my last job”
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 4, 2016

dramatic.0.gif

Part of the reason Bruce Arians seems to be enjoying himself so much is that he’s been liberated from worrying about the future.

Having been through so many moves and coaching changes in his career, the 63-year-old Arians has a rare sense of self-awareness about his current situation, which allows him to appreciate the moment he’s in.

“You never know how long this will last,” Arians told Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “There’s the old saying, there’s two kinds of coaches, ones that are fired and others who are going to get fired. You just enjoy every day. Right now, it’s the highlight of it.

“There will be lowlights, we know that. But I’m enjoying every single day. This will be my last job.

Arians could probably retire to Vegas and do two shows a night whenever he feels the urge, but for now, he’s enjoying the work that got him to this point, which cranks back up with a rookie minicamp this weekend.

“I love this weekend because there’s going to be two or three surprises of undrafted rookies or guys we invited for a tryout,” Arians said. “Last year, we signed three guys who were tryout guys. [Quarterback] Phillip Sims made it all the way to almost our football team. That part’s really fun. Then slide them in with the vets next week.

“It seems like we just stepped off the practice field. But, man, there is a different sense of purpose in watching our players come to work every day. We’ve always had great participation. We’ve always had fun doing it, but there’s a sense of purpose, in the weight room, the meeting room. Even Buddy Morris, our strength coach, said, “something’s different.” You can feel it.”

Arians’ own “cool uncle” style is doubtless part of the reason they’ve been able to create that feeling, but the wins on the field have helped turn around a franchise that’s now among the most stable in the league.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good Coach, pain in the ass, I only wish his team is now on the decline.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish he wasn't in our division. I really enjoy watching him coach.
Well I wouldn't mind him in the division if he coached a team other than the Cardinals
Or the Seahawks
Or the 49ers...

nighttrain

Legend
Good Coach, pain in the ass, I only wish his team is now on the decline.
Carson Palmer had a great year, but he's definitely on the downside of his career, probably why Arians says this is his last job, Cardinals will really miss Carson
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That quiver in the liver, strength coach, was bad chinese food from lunch....

jap

Legend
His last job? Let's all Horns & Horns fans try and make it as miserable as possible for him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe I'm blind ,or something, but no-were in this article did I read him saying "this will be my last job" as the Title implied!
As Coaches go, in this League, he's not that Old and with his record, if he got fire tomorrow, he'd be picked up right away!

nighttrain

Legend
Maybe I'm blind ,or something, but no-were in this article did I read him saying "this will be my last job" as the Title implied!
As Coaches go, in this League, he's not that Old and with his record, if he got fire tomorrow, he'd be picked up right away!
"“You never know how long this will last,” Arians told Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “There’s the old saying, there’s two kinds of coaches, ones that are fired and others who are going to get fired. You just enjoy every day. Right now, it’s the highlight of it.

“There will be lowlights, we know that. But I’m enjoying every single day. This will be my last job.”

Arians could probably retire to Vegas and do two shows a night whenever he feels the urge, but for now, he’s enjoying the work that got him to this point, which cranks back up with a rookie minicamp this weekend.

sounds like his last coaching job to me!
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"“You never know how long this will last,” Arians told Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “There’s the old saying, there’s two kinds of coaches, ones that are fired and others who are going to get fired. You just enjoy every day. Right now, it’s the highlight of it.

“There will be lowlights, we know that. But I’m enjoying every single day. This will be my last job.”

sounds like his last coaching job to me!
train

Now, after reading your reply, and scrolling back up, I can see why I skimmed past the comment! Thanks!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
His last job? How 'bout the guy who gave it to him?:cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Arians speaks to hear himself talk. I couldn't care less anymore.

My take on the stuff that matters with the defending NFCW champs.
Projected offensive contributors:

WR
Fitzgerald 32
M.Floyd 26
J.Brown 26 (yes the 2 yr pro is already 26)

TE
D.Fells 30
J.Gresham 27

OLine
Veldeer 28
Iupati (an old 29)
Boehm(rookie)
E.Mathis 34
DJ Humphries(has been a bust early)

QB
C.Palmer 36
D.Stanton 32

RB
D.Johnson 24
C.Johnson (an old 30)

Very talented with a dash of unproven...but getting very old fast. Palmer and pass protection is key says Mr Obvious. They couldn't protect when it mattered vs the better front sevens in the NFC.
Love the RB.

----------------------

Defensive contributors:

DLiners
C.Campbell 29
C.Peters 27
C.Jones 26
F.Rucker 32
R.Gunter 24
R.Nkemdiche 21

LB'ers
M.Golden 25
D.Bucannon 23
K.Minter 25
K.Martin 24

DB's
P.Peterson (pretty scary he's still only 25)
T.Branch 29
J.Bethel 25(not good enough)
T.Mathieu 23(the elephant in the room in terms of injuries)
DJ Swearinger 24

Front line looks outstanding. They really upgraded the pass rush. LB's are young but where's the talent, pass rush and depth? I still don't see it.
Secondary is young and solid but can their best defensive player survive a full season? CB is THIN behind Peterson

The Cardinals special teams aren't very good. Weak on coverage and returns. I say this with the eye test. If you want analytic's (which i don't necessarily subscribe too)...pro football outsiders rated them 29th last season so there's that.

Super Bowl or Bust! Indeed. Can't wait to knock these Tards down in 2016 :)

DVontel

Rookie

WR
Fitzgerald 32
M.Floyd 26

TE
D.Fells 30
J.Gresham 27

OLine
Veldeer 28
Iupati (an old 29)
Boehm(rookie)
E.Mathis 34

QB
C.Palmer 36
D.Stanton 32

RB
D.Johnson 24
C.Johnson (an old 30)

Very talented with a dash of unproven...but getting very old fast. Palmer and pass protection is key says Mr Obvious. They couldn't protect when it mattered vs the better front sevens in the NFC.
Love the RB.

----------------------

Defensive contributors:

DLiners
C.Campbell 29
C.Peters 27
C.Jones 26
F.Rucker 32
R.Gunter 24
R.Nkemdiche 21

LB'ers
M.Golden 25
D.Bucannon 23
K.Minter 25
K.Martin 24

DB's
T.Branch 29
DJ Swearinger 24

Front line looks outstanding. They really upgraded the pass rush. LB's are young but where's the talent, pass rush and depth? I still don't see it.
Secondary is young and solid but can their best defensive player survive a full season? CB is THIN behind Peterson

The Cardinals special teams aren't very good. Weak on coverage and returns. I say this with the eye test. If you want analytic's (which i don't necessarily subscribe too)...pro football outsiders rated them 29th last season so there's that.

Great post.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

WR
Fitzgerald 32
M.Floyd 26

TE
D.Fells 30
J.Gresham 27

OLine
Veldeer 28
Iupati (an old 29)
Boehm(rookie)
E.Mathis 34

QB
C.Palmer 36
D.Stanton 32

RB
D.Johnson 24
C.Johnson (an old 30)

Love the RB.

----------------------

Defensive contributors:

DLiners
C.Campbell 29
C.Peters 27
C.Jones 26
F.Rucker 32
R.Gunter 24
R.Nkemdiche 21

LB'ers
M.Golden 25
D.Bucannon 23
K.Minter 25
K.Martin 24

DB's
T.Branch 29
DJ Swearinger 24

Nice detail. You cleared up what I was wondering. I thought they had an older roster. It is a bit worse than I thought.