Bradford "wont take" paycut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If Bradford does not restructure his contract to free up money or take a paycut to free up money then trade him to the Browns a let him play out the rest of his career in that S%#t hole. No way I would ever cut him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Remember that when Austin Davis is flinging pick 6's to any defender with a heartbeat.

Oh, I'll remember that...when we're winning the Super Bowl with Mariota/Winston and Bradford is sitting on his couch in Cleveland/Buffalo, recovering from a third torn ACL in the preseason.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Remember that when Austin Davis is flinging pick 6's to any defender with a heartbeat.

If we were to move Bradford do you honestly think we don't bring anyone else in? Not likely, considering Snead and Fisher have noted that even keeping Bradford, they will bring in more competition.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Only time will tell if this is fact or not, either way it is new info and has nearly 600 views and 45 responses in 6 hours making it one of the hottest threads in days. So who's to say whether it is relevant or not. Hell it is the off season and these are the topics that come down the pipe.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
For all the help he's been given at receiver (i.e., Quick, Austin, Bailey, Britt)? What about drafting Greg Robinson and extending Saffold? What about giving him running backs to help take the pressure off of him? For everything that Snisher, Demoff, and Kroenke have done to support him publicly? And he won't take a freaking pay-cut or even so much as restructure to help out our team when true leaders like Long and Laurinaitis have done all of that and more? He wants to be cut rather than traded and actually help our team for once in his freaking life?

That horseshit doesn't fly with me, and it's soured my opinion on Bradford completely. I used to think he was a team player, but after all of the reports coming from his camp, he's clearly all about the money.

Until I see Bradford or his agent go on record as validating this assertion I will not believe it. Also, your quote..."and actually help our team for once in his freaking life" isn't helping sell your opinion. In fact, this is why I posted my somewhat sarcastic response. I wasn't trying to make an excuse for Bradford as much I was trying to point out how over the top your point was regarding Bradford.
Bradford's time with the Rams goes back to 2010, before Snisher. Between 2010 and 2013, the Rams drafted 5 D-lineman and 3 O-lineman. Of those 3 O-lineman, only Saffold has ever made it to the playing field. They paid some FA's to come to St Louis, but they have been mediocre at best. I also think what you say has been a benefit at receiver is debatable. Quick took a season or two to become effective and reliable. Bailey hardly gets on the field....who's fault is that? Britt was just acquired this past off season and hasn't even played a game yet with Bradford.
I will finish by saying that when Bradford has had reliable receivers, he throws the ball down field. He makes the money he does due to the old system ; not his fault, not the Rams fault. It's just business. If he is asked to restructure and declines, I will not hold it against him. He owes the Rams nothing and vice versa.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
While we're considering rumors, we should remember that this is the Season of Disinformation. It's too early to get upset about anything.

Until the words come out of Rams Park, or Bradford's mouth, I'm not believing it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What a boring offseason, I haven't seen anything but people getting mad over conjecture and rumors.

Can't wait til real things start happening.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I happen to have a couple of sources that have been very reliable in the past...They assure me that not only will Sam take a pay cut, he will actually play pro bono and give the Rams $2 million this season...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm okay with a trade to the Browns for the later first round pick. We can go Scherff or best lineman available at ten, grab Hundley with the Bradford pick acquired and then go BPA the rest of the way. If Tom freakin Brady will take a pay cut to help his team out, but injury prone Bradford won't, then good riddance. I'll take the huge cap savings and a shot with Hundley over two pre-season games of Bradford, and then a season of mediocre QB play. If the reports are false, then I'm sorry, but I'm done feeling sympathetic for a good who doesn't willingly help his team. Sits around for two years raking the dough in just to watch football games. Wish I had that job.

i'm sure when sam is 36 years old and marries someone who makes twice as much as he does he will do a solid for the team. as of now nobody knows if his knee will hold up and he is still young, in sporting years. he restructered already and gave the rams exactly what they wanted, his salary is non guaranteed. the rams are free to cut him and save $13m in cap space. btw, brady signed a fully guaranteed extension. any injury and he gets paid in full.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For all the help he's been given at receiver (i.e., Quick, Austin, Bailey, Britt)? What about drafting Greg Robinson and extending Saffold? What about giving him running backs to help take the pressure off of him? For everything that Snisher, Demoff, and Kroenke have done to support him publicly? And he won't take a freaking pay-cut or even so much as restructure to help out our team when true leaders like Long and Laurinaitis have done all of that and more? He wants to be cut rather than traded and actually help our team for once in his freaking life?

That horseshit doesn't fly with me, and it's soured my opinion on Bradford completely. I used to think he was a team player, but after all of the reports coming from his camp, he's clearly all about the money.

wow.

relax man. go outside and take a few deep breaths of fresh air.

nobody knows what is true and what is false. if you're relying on the clowns from the media to peddle rumours for information best of luck to you. i'll wait until i see some real news. even then i won't get worked up like that.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Only time will tell if this is fact or not, either way it is new info and has nearly 600 views and 45 responses in 6 hours making it one of the hottest threads in days. So who's to say whether it is relevant or not. Hell it is the off season and these are the topics that come down the pipe.

Views could be almost totally attributed to the itle of the thread...Saying he "will not" take cut sounds like their is some solid information there...There is not...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What scares me the most about the possibility of Sam being cut, as remote as that chance may be (I think the Rams, right or wrong, would go into the season with Sam on his current contract) is that I have a horrible feeling he would be picked up by New England as Brady's heir apparent. I know they already have Garoppolo, and there are a lot of people that are very high on him, but Sam would fit as a perfect replacement IMO.

Similar style to Brady in that he works well from behind a good O-line, and is seen as an accurate passer. Likes throwing to his slot receivers and TE's and he would have all of those things in NE.
Not to mention being re-united with Amendola and Josh McDaniels, so he would already know the offense.
The comfort of knowing he wouldn't be rushed into starting again right away so he could let the knee heal properly.
It would all make sense in my mind at least, in a horrible, twisted kind of way.

Can you imagine Sam going to NE, and taking them to a SB? I don't think my heart could take it...
So basically, FO, please don't cut Sam.

DISCLAIMER: I am fully aware that I have a much higher opinion of Sam's abilities than a lot of people around here, so please don't shout at me :p

Jsimcox - I posted somewhere else that I thought we could do a trade for Garappolo for Sam. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam and I think he has the ability, but I have been thinking he (as well as the Rams) need a fresh start. Sam would have a season or two behind Brady to get healthy, and as you mentioned become the heir apparent, the reuniting with Amendola and McD would also work for him and we'd get a healthy keen QB in return...

Cue tirade of abuse ;)

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Can we talk about other area's of the team instead of perpetuating this tabloid journalism?

V3

Hall of Fame
What scares me the most about the possibility of Sam being cut, as remote as that chance may be (I think the Rams, right or wrong, would go into the season with Sam on his current contract) is that I have a horrible feeling he would be picked up by New England as Brady's heir apparent. I know they already have Garoppolo, and there are a lot of people that are very high on him, but Sam would fit as a perfect replacement IMO.

Similar style to Brady in that he works well from behind a good O-line, and is seen as an accurate passer. Likes throwing to his slot receivers and TE's and he would have all of those things in NE.
Not to mention being re-united with Amendola and Josh McDaniels, so he would already know the offense.
The comfort of knowing he wouldn't be rushed into starting again right away so he could let the knee heal properly.
It would all make sense in my mind at least, in a horrible, twisted kind of way.

Can you imagine Sam going to NE, and taking them to a SB? I don't think my heart could take it...
So basically, FO, please don't cut Sam.

DISCLAIMER: I am fully aware that I have a much higher opinion of Sam's abilities than a lot of people around here, so please don't shout at me :p
Buffalo or Houston would pay him A LOT more than NE and Sam would be the starter at those places so Sam wouldn't even consider NE.

V3

Hall of Fame
The only thing that would do is make me remember even more that I wanted Garappolo over Joyner.

V3

Hall of Fame
Jsimcox - I posted somewhere else that I thought we could do a trade for Garappolo for Sam. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam and I think he has the ability, but I have been thinking he (as well as the Rams) need a fresh start. Sam would have a season or two behind Brady to get healthy, and as you mentioned become the heir apparent, the reuniting with Amendola and McD would also work for him and we'd get a healthy keen QB in return...

Cue tirade of abuse ;)
Sam didn't work well in McD's offense. Also, NE would NEVER do that trade unless we overwhelm them with additional picks.

V3

Hall of Fame

I'm pretty much with you IF the report is true. People need to remember that this is the time of year when you seriously shouldn't believe any news about players and teams.

That being said, I'm not sure why the story would be floated out there unless it was by Bradford's agent in a ploy to apply more leverage on the Rams(IMO they already had all the leverage anyway). If that's the case, then it does make me feel that Bradford is all about the money or he just doesn't want to be here. The only other scenario I can think of is that it's just a shit article to get clicks to generate money but I'm not sure how many clicks a story like this would garner.