Bonsignore: Rams' coaching search likely to focus on up-and-coming assistants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I don't think that's true Jack. What he said was he's not "looking" for a head coaching job.

The way he answered that question it struck me as a "of course I am interested but my kid's a better option with his youth and energy." Don't underestimate the value of this job brother, I guarantee if Stan called him for an interview he'd be on the next flight to LAX.

Yeah but he did say he could help an organization in an operations role up top. Signifying to me at least that he'd like to go that route.

Bruce2980

Starter
Nice, although this is Grade A nepotism, it seems substantial if it means improving the team as a whole.
I have very little confidence that this organization as a whole is willing to do what it takes to become a winning franchise, but if it is, this may be a good way to get it going in that direction. And it's a much better alternative to the Fisher nepotism and incompetence we've all been tortured with for years. This would restructure the organization from top to bottom, not sure anyone doing the interview would like to hire their replacement, if you know what I mean.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think that they are serious about winning. If not they would have let Fisher ride out his contract.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh dear lord... If John Harbaugh becomes available... PLEASE go get him....

He KNOWS how to put together a staff and that defense...year after year. His offenses haven't always been stellar, I grant you. That said, he never had a QB like Goff. And no, Mr. Delaware isn't like Goff...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah but he did say he could help an organization in an operations role up top. Signifying to me at least that he'd like to go that route.
And a smart move it would be! A young up and comer like Kyle would best be served having that someone helping him learn and grow. Mike S. has been around. He knows what type of organizations work and ones that don't. and KD admitted as much that this recent failure was an "organizational failure" Which means they know they could use some savvy help. Mike can aslo help in pin pointing the asst. hires.