Blackmon arrested again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Get this kid some help otherwise it's going to be much worse than from a football perspective.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know the blame lies with Blackmon - and it should.

But I wonder if Jax did anything to try and steer him in the right direction. It's not their responsibility and I'm not trying to make exuses for JB / this is on him - but maybe - just maybe his career could have been saved in another organization.

ramaslama

Sounds like his turning into Titus Young. Titus and him can have a circle jerk together.

ramaslama

I know the blame lies with Blackmon - and it should.

But I wonder if Jax did anything to try and steer him in the right direction. It's not their responsibility and I'm not trying to make exuses for JB / this is on him - but maybe - just maybe his career could have been saved in another organization.

no it would not make a difference. There are certain players are like that they never learn.

RamWoodie

Legend
I hve to say I *was* big time support for the Rams to draft Blackmon. Now I have to thank the Jaguars too...what and IDIOT!!!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Jaguars owner says they won’t cut Justin Blackmon
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 24, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0mgq1zgrjytjmmdk4ztfknmezymu2mzyyngvhowe5.jpeg

The Jaguars have every pragmatic reason to distance themselves from Justin Blackmon.

But owner Shad Khan said he’s not about to release his former first round pick, who has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL and was arrested for marijuana possession last night.

We want him to get help he needs,” Khan said, via John Oehser of the team’s official website.

That sentiment seems to be consistent through the organization, as linebacker Paul Posluszny said: “This is no longer a football issue…We want the best for him. He’s a good kid at heart.”

It’s good to hear the Jaguars embrace a kid (it’s hard to call him a player, since he’s barely played for them since his rookie year) who obviously has some problems.

He showed flashes of talent in 2012, when his play might have justified their investment in him. If he had torn an ACL, they’d have gone to great lengths to get him well, so they could benefit from his labor in the future.

But Blackmon’s problem now is not a physical one, and we hope the Jaguars are sincere in getting him the help he needs, even if he never plays another down for them.
Class act by the Jags.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Class act by the Jags.

I suppose. Of course, he's suspended so it costs them nothing. It's easier to be classy if it's free, and in fact gets you good publicity. Plus in the vanishingly small chance that he turns it around, they get a top receiver still on his rookie contract.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
What I want to know is how he got caught. I have many, many friends who have smoked pot semi-regularly to regularly over 25 years and I can't think of one who got busted for possession. His stupidity in getting caught is almost as bad as the risk he is taking with his career.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we can trade Brian Quick for him. Probably have same production this year

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What I want to know is how he got caught. I have many, many friends who have smoked pot semi-regularly to regularly over 25 years and I can't think of one who got busted for possession. His stupidity in getting caught is almost as bad as the risk he is taking with his career.

Probably driving the wrong car (flashy), with smoke up to his ears...some towns run their economy through fines & such...

AZRamsFan93

Such a shame and a waste of great talent. I cant help but wonder if he would still have these problems if he was a ram, maybe Fisher could have saved him.
I was at the Fiesta Bowl when he lit up Stanford. It was awesome to behold. Too bad for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thank you, Jacksonville, for jumping ahead of us to draft Justin Blackmon ... thank you, thank you, thank you.

^ this. I was a HUGE Blackmon supporter on draft day. HUGE.

Wow. Sometimes some people just blow your mind. What an idiot.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
^ this. I was a HUGE Blackmon supporter on draft day. HUGE.

Wow. Sometimes some people just blow your mind. What an idiot.

Yeah man, Deasan Jackson totally blew my mind. (opposite approach lol)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Agreed. We missed out on making him a high pick and having to deal with all this. Maybe once he is reinstated he will clean up his act and we can capitalize on it. All hypothetical ofc but id take a flier on him whenever he is available.

Dude, Jeff Fisher wouldn't be Jeff Fisher if he didn't pick Blackmon up from jail. ;)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Jaguars owner says they won’t cut Justin Blackmon
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 24, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0mgq1zgrjytjmmdk4ztfknmezymu2mzyyngvhowe5.jpeg

The Jaguars have every pragmatic reason to distance themselves from Justin Blackmon.

But owner Shad Khan said he’s not about to release his former first round pick, who has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL and was arrested for marijuana possession last night.

We want him to get help he needs,” Khan said, via John Oehser of the team’s official website.

That sentiment seems to be consistent through the organization, as linebacker Paul Posluszny said: “This is no longer a football issue…We want the best for him. He’s a good kid at heart.”

It’s good to hear the Jaguars embrace a kid (it’s hard to call him a player, since he’s barely played for them since his rookie year) who obviously has some problems.

He showed flashes of talent in 2012, when his play might have justified their investment in him. If he had torn an ACL, they’d have gone to great lengths to get him well, so they could benefit from his labor in the future.

But Blackmon’s problem now is not a physical one, and we hope the Jaguars are sincere in getting him the help he needs, even if he never plays another down for them.

Nice to see they want to help him, but for his own good, I think he needs to be cut from the team, with the relevant pay cut and demoted to the practice squad, he may be physically able to play, but mentally he's not there, give another guy an opportunity and make Blackmon fight for a spot on the roster.

So glad we didn't select him, so glad!!!