Best place in US to live

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Where would you most like to live in the US of A?

Me, I like Seattle, SF, NY. Love me that metropolitan city life, and I think I would enjoy that West Cosat laid-back setup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like where I am right now.
Asheville North Carolina.

I'm over the big metropolises. I'd much rather hang out on my porch with a mountain as my view, or take my dogs down to the river and let them swim, or hang out downtown in one of the top foodie and independent brewery spots around. Plus there's lots of hippies and zero judgement, so I'm not bothered with keeping up with the Joneses anymore. It's just chill.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Anywhere there's a beach. If I had the money I would move either to Carmel-By-The-Sea, Monterrey, or La Jolla - all in California. As it is I'm stuck in the mountains of Cumberland with the Atlantic Ocean 4 hours away.

291kpkl.jpg

beej

Rookie
I like where I am right now.
Asheville North Carolina.

I'm over the big metropolises. I'd much rather hang out on my porch with a mountain as my view, or take my dogs down to the river and let them swim, or hang out downtown in one of the top foodie and independent brewery spots around. Plus there's lots of hippies and zero judgement, so I'm not bothered with keeping up with the Joneses anymore. It's just chill.
I was just there a few weeks ago. I didn't know you were local. I rented a cabin in Bryson city

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was just there a few weeks ago. I didn't know you were local. I rented a cabin in Bryson city
See that? You coulda crashed at my place instead. I have an extra bedroom. :)

How'd you like Asheville?

beej

Rookie
Montana has always sounded good to me, on about 10,000 acres. but so far I've never went anywhere that I liked better than home.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is the view from my property. This is actually on the neighboring land, but that's owned by a family that doesn't actually use it. They rent the land to farmers. I could never leave country. No way in hell I could live in a city. BTW I live about an hour and a half SW of St.Louis.

image.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Probably Hawaii, I'd love to be on the beach, warm waters, etc. Honestly I'd rather a little hut over the water like Bora Bora. If I ever came across a couple hundred million dollars, I'd move there, buy a nice bungalow, and just relax.

Hilton-Bora-Bora-Nui-Resort-Spa-Exterior.png

But since we don't have that in the US as far as I know, Hawaii is the next best thing.

I've always wanted to live in NYC as well, but probably only for a short while.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The suburb of Broken Arrow, OK.

It's a nice mix of urban and rural. It's peaceful for the most part and really close to Tulsa for all the fun things in life.

I really don't know about which city out of state. Maybe San Diego as @Rmfnlt mentioned.

Maybe a smallish town in west Florida. Like Ft. Myers or something. That seemed peaceful as too.

Greg Stone

Rookie
We asked ourselves that question in 2000, did a lot of research and picked the Pacific NW. We were thinking Bellingham, WA, but after three trips where we covered Blaine (Canadian border) to Seattle and the north Olympic Peninsula we moved to Sequim, WA in 2008. The area is full of retirees from California and Alaska. 17" annual rainfall, mountains, rivers, lakes, bays, sea; a short drive from rainforest and a hundred miles of wild Pacific beaches. the climate is ideal for us and we have short trips to Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia and Port Townsend.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm thinking Toronto, Canada. Technically, it was supposed to be a part of the United States when we took over all of the British outposts in Canada in the Revolutionary War, but Canada got annexed, so...whatever.

Cold weather (I can't stand Missouri summers), a really accepting community for LGBT rights, a basketball team I can root for (because come on, who doesn't want to cheer for a velociraptor, which is arguably the coolest team name in basketball?), different cultures to explore, plenty of opportunities for writing jobs, a solid writing college, etc.

But since I'm here and probably not going to Canada any time soon, I'll do my best to make the most of my time.

fearsomefour

Legend
I grew up in San Luis Obispo, Ca. Love the central coast.
Moved to San Diego to go to school, play music and run a business. Then moved to Nevada.
Two outta three ain't bad.
Would love to get back to the west coast.

A55VA6

Legend
Well right now I live just west of Chicago, and it pretty much sucks.

I have family down in Naples, Florida and it's beautiful there. But I have always wanted to live in the San Diego, CA area.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love Island Living, really laid back! I been to Barbados and Hawaii and Fell in love with Both Places!!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Somewhere up in the Black hills of Tennessee. Near the top of the mountain with a log cabin and a walkout deck to sit and watch the sunrise on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nice town, We just drove through sight seeing.
Yeah, Asheville in and of itself is kinda meh unless you're walking around downtown or driving up the blue ridge parkway.
Gorgeous scenery up there.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Navarre, FL is where I'd like to live if I decide to relocate. It's quiet, it's not far from Destin, Panama City, and Pensacola. I actually wouldn't mind living a little off from the beach with some property. Only thing I don't like is FIRE ANTS.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Took this off the driveway this winter when I moved out here. U just can't beat waking up to nature.
image.jpg