Bernie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy is an idiot are you listening to his morning show on 101.. OMG what a joke

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's talking about the trade with Washington and how the Rams can't really say we won the trade because we didn't make it to the playoffs and don't have any pro bowl players from the trade and went to say that some are overrated lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's talking about the trade with Washington and how the Rams can't really say we won the trade because we didn't make it to the playoffs and don't have any pro bowl players from the trade and went to say that some are overrated lol
hell-hath-no-fury-boards.jpg

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't see how the Rams aren't the clear winners of that trade. RGIII will more than likely be gone after this year. Which leaves the Redskins with nothing from that trade. The Rams still have building blocks from it. Maybe after the first year when the Skins made the playoffs you could say they won but not now. They didn't win any playoff games and have not made it back since. Clear win for the Rams. Even if they don't make the playoffs this year.

4mation0

UDFA
With RGIII now playing defense on the 'Skins practice squad, you could almost make a legitimate case that the Rams won that trade based on the career of I. Pead alone. "Yikes."

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
based on the career of I. Pead alon

You know what bugs me? Pead actually looked good on the run that he fumbled. He had a nice play, but he just coughed up the football. His vision was impressive though, and he can still be a good RB if he didn't lose the fucking football

oBbzIti.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Talking heads aren't paid to be right. They are paid to be entertaining - and having a take that runs contrary to the main stream can be entertaining. Being annoyingly wrong can be entertaining.

Its like those commercials with the awful jingles - those companies know that their jingle grates on our nerves - but thats the point - you have to stand out and be memorable.

Bernie did his job - he got us talking about him and his take.

Psycho_X

Legend
You know what bugs me? Pead actually looked good on the run that he fumbled. He had a nice play, but he just coughed up the football. His vision was impressive though, and he can still be a good RB if he didn't lose the freaking football

Unfortunately that's all Pead has been for three seasons. A woulda, coulda, shoulda player.

Edit- As far as Bernie, he's slowly gotten more bitter as the years have gone by towards the Rams it seems. I'm not surprised he's not giving any credit when it's due. There's no way the Rams haven't won the trade given RG3 probably won't play another snap for the Redskins. Making pro bowls is nice but it doesn't mean a player is bad if they don't go to one. And yes we haven't been to the playoffs but that's a team issue not the players we only got from the trade. He's just trying to be controversial so people will talk about him like we currently are.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bernie-The-Hut is just chumming the waters when he says shit like that... hoping for ratings.

His asinine blow hard comments are spit out of his pie hole in an attempt to create callers and "entertainment" for his shit show.

Too harsh? :D

I would have really enjoyed it if I could have run into him when I was in The Lou last weekend. :whistle:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Paralysis by over-analysis.

That is just a really dumb thing to say tbh. But I will admit I do like his radio show, I will actually listen to him and be entertained even if I don't agree with him on the show because he's not nearly as negative when he has to interact with coaches, experts, etc. His articles are just ridiculous though, I won't even bother to read most of what he writes now.

Oh and re: the ridiculousness of radio... Was listening on the way to work this a.m. to sports talk radio and the dude running the show was talking about how the Broncos aren't good enough overall to be expected to win a Super Bowl. Of course the Broncos fans were incensed lol, you can imagine I'm sure what with them being the league's only 2-0 team and all, very entertaining stuff.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Pead actually looked good on the run that he fumbled.
Always fun to watch film and break down just what an amazing team game this is, almost every action is the result of someone else on the field.

Watch Kendricks on the backside -- technically, he does his job on the play by sealing off any penetration. But imagine if Kendricks went above and beyond and actually got into Cassius Marsh with some push and locked him up... Pead probably sprints thru the hole untouched and now sees Thomas coming and instead of fumbling, perhaps puts a 1on1 move and scores... Instead, in the real world Marsh gets off Kendricks' "block" and is able to make a good play as the first contact that stops Pead's momentum, allowing Thomas to smack him and the ball loose.

Ultimately, the responsibility to protect the football in that game situation comes down to Pead -- you just can't fumble there in such a crucial situation. Yet it happens to the best -- see Jamaal Charles last night-- and yes it is frustrating because it was so close to being a great run.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why are you listening to him if you think he's an idiot?
Because some fool always seems to re-post his shit, and we all wonder IF he's changed his tune!
And we are always disappointed!!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why are you listening to him if you think he's an idiot?
I listen to sports talk and just because most of what he say about the Rams I thoroughly disagree with I do like his take on the Cardinals and I like the Guest that he brings on his show

A55VA6

Legend
You know what bugs me? Pead actually looked good on the run that he fumbled. He had a nice play, but he just coughed up the football. His vision was impressive though, and he can still be a good RB if he didn't lose the freaking football

oBbzIti.gif
It was a fantastic run. What a shame.

Big Willie

Starter
The guy is an idiot are you listening to his morning show on 101.. OMG what a joke
I heard him and I have a different take on what he was saying. I believe I heard that he knows the Rams "won" the trade but until a few of these players become pro bowlers, the Rams haven't really won anything. It's like winning something that has no real value. The value of the Herschel Walker trade 25+ years ago was that Dallas got Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Darren Woodson and others. Dallas won the trade because those players excelled, and helped them get to the playoffs, not because they were just starters. The Rams on well on there way to having a similar boon, simply because Donald is so good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many teams would trade for RGIII?

How many would trade for Brockers, or JJ, or GRob? Those are three players that every team would want.

Just the fact that the Rams got one starter is more than the Redskins got out of it. They got a lot more than Washington did. They definitely won that trade.

Now if RGIII was the best QB in the league? Then it would be arguable.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard him and I have a different take on what he was saying. I believe I heard that he knows the Rams "won" the trade but until a few of these players become pro bowlers, the Rams haven't really won anything. It's like winning something that has no real value. The value of the Herschel Walker trade 25+ years ago was that Dallas got Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Darren Woodson and others. Dallas won the trade because those players excelled, and helped them get to the playoffs, not because they were just starters. The Rams on well on there way to having a similar boon, simply because Donald is so good.
So what he's saying is we got the better of them but big deal unless you win a Super Bowl you got nothing to be excited over. It's typical Bernie the glass is half empty garbage.