Bernie Kosar: Concussions cost me a broadcasting job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Damn football injuries. I could of been a great play by play man.

drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
are we certain his problems are caused by alcohol and not concussions? do we really know?

Alan

Legend
I heard him talk some time after that game when he was defending himself and his voice was very different sounding. My dad and my brother both drank themselves to death and I'm pretty sure I can tell when someone is inebriated. I'm only 99.9% certain though so...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bernie Kosar pleads no contest to reckless operation
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 30, 2014

kosar-e1398856160216.jpg
Getty Images

Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar, who was charged with drunk driving in September, has resolved the case by pleading no contest to reckless operation.

Kosar got a fine and a suspended jail sentence.

Police say that when they pulled Kosar over for driving 74 mph in a 50 mph zone, he smelled like alcohol, couldn’t distinguish between his license and his credit cards, and failed a field sobriety test. Kosar claims officers only thought he was drunk because injuries on the football field make him slur his speech and make it difficult for him to walk in a straight line.

Kosar recently lost his job as a color commentator for Browns preseason games and said it was because of his slurred speech, which he attributes to concussions. The Browns and their TV partners deny that his speech is the reason he was removed from the booth.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't know about people who suffer from post-concussive syndrome, but alcoholics tend to have a certain "look" in their eyes at all times IMO. I'm not talking about when they're ripped or on a binge either...i mean when they're stone cold sober.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't know about people who suffer from post-concussive syndrome, but alcoholics tend to have a certain "look" in their eyes at all times IMO. I'm not talking about when they're ripped or on a binge either...i mean when they're stone cold sober.
I didn't know this... really. Anyway u can describe this or post an image that illustrates the look.

I've only been around one person in my life who was an alcoholic, and I didn't find out for decades, and only cause someone else told me.