Bernie: Fisher, not Schotty, is the problem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrMotes

Starter
I understand how you feel about Schottenheimer, so that comment wasn't really necessary.
I was talking about Bernie's point about Fisher cultivating the offensive philosophy.
Wouldn't you say the tables I put up there kind of substantiate that claim?

Absolutely. I've said it myself, more than once. Maybe Fisher will surprise us but i still figure this team will go as far as the defense takes it.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
In the end it's going to depend on the new OC and what type of leash he has. Really anything can change a mediocre NFL coach to a superbowl champ. Just ask Seattle.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Absolutely. I've said it myself, more than once. Maybe Fisher will surprise us but i still figure this team will go as far as the defense takes it.
Probably right. Which makes it curious that the GM (under Fisher's guidance) is drafting all of these supposed playmakers on offense. You'd think they'd go the opposite direction and draft big, tall, physical players on offense instead of smaller, quicker, more explosive players.

MrMotes

Starter
Probably right. Which makes it curious that the GM (under Fisher's guidance) is drafting all of these supposed playmakers on offense. You'd think they'd go the opposite direction and draft big, tall, physical players on offense instead of smaller, quicker, more explosive players.

When they traded up for Austin and signed Cook, plus the way they opened 2012, seemed Fisher wanted a more open and attacking offense. But when things started to fall apart he pulled in the reigns, big time. The defense was struggling and i think, in part, he blamed the new offensive philosophy for his struggling defense that was part of the reason for dialing it back.

Now, i'm not really sure where his head will be as far as the offense goes. If he trusts the defense more going into GW's 2nd year maybe he's goes more modern era in his OC choice? Then again maybe he figures his old school approach to the offense is working for the defense and he's not going to change it now, and after all, at his core, that's who he is?

So i guess i lean towards him staying true to what i think is his core. But who knows? Not me. We'll see soon enough...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When they traded up for Austin and signed Cook, plus the way they opened 2012, seemed Fisher wanted a more open and attacking offense. But when things started to fall apart he pulled in the reigns, big time. The defense was struggling and i think, in part, he blamed the new offensive philosophy for his struggling defense that was part of the reason for dialing it back.

Now, i'm not really sure where his head will be as far as the offense goes. If he trusts the defense more going into GW's 2nd year maybe he's goes more modern era in his OC choice? Then again maybe he figures his old school approach to the offense is working for the defense and he's not going to change it now, and after all, at his core, that's who he is?

So i guess i lean towards him staying true to what i think is his core. But who knows? Not me. We'll see soon enough...
Yeah, we'll have a clearer picture once the next OC is named. That should dictate how the draft goes too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This.

Somehow we have certain rules that get enforced but others that don't *cough* LA *cough*
That ban on Bernie was from the previous owner, and for good reason. Half of the thread was about what a fat slob blowhard douchenozzle he was for being such a Rams basher, and not so much about what he was writing. So to dial back the venom, there was a moratorium on posting his articles here. The ban on relocation talk is for the same reasons. Because half of the threads will be about how one city is better, and/or how one fan base is better. Not so much about the facts, of which there are very few right now. So if the rules suddenly became that everyone had to have the words "Miss Fancy Pants" before their screen name, then that's just the way it goes. This isn't a democracy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This.

Somehow we have certain rules that get enforced but others that don't *cough* LA *cough*

I'd love every member to experience a week running a forum.

^ This.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I don't know how you can judge a OC when he has to work with Clemens, Austin Davis and Shaun Hill

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Duh. Lotta people have pointed out that drafting players who have zero knowledge of NFL concepts, and instead drafting them simply because they possess superior athletic ability, is going to require a lot of patience on behalf of everyone involved in seeing those players reach their full potential. And because of that, you can't put it solely on the OC. But that's not gonna stop people from needing a scapegoat anyway.
Exactly, someones always gotta pay.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yup, but doesn't the offense (with exceptions) fill the seats?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

^ This.
I've run a forum before where half of the membership was pretty much dedicated to subverting any actual football conversation from happening. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

^ This.

Now wouldn't that be something?

11749zn.jpg

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I think you can expect a lot of snarky from Bernie from here on out! He's thinking he got a subject he can exploit at the expense of the team/coach he don't care for!

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I think you can expect a lot of snarky from Bernie from here on out! He's thinking he got a subject he can exploit at the expense of the team/coach he don't care for!
Bernie is butt hurt bc the team is probably moving so I ageee with you 100%