BASEBALL'S BACK! The 2022 MLB Season Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Is it too early to give the Yankees one of the two postseason byes? They're 62-26 with 74 games remaining. If they can manage to go 44-30 the rest of the way, Tampa would have to go 59-15 to pass them. Boston and Toronto would have to go 60-13. And Baltimore....yes the Orioles....don't laugh......they're going to be 45-44 after tonight.....would have to go 62-11. It's all possible. Highly unlikely but possible.
Yankees starting pitching is starting to come back down to earth, same with the bull pen

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Baltimore 21-14, 3rd best record in the A.L. East since June 1st. 3 games out of the wild card. Whew!!! That's a tough division!!!
With the Orioles current 10 game win streak every team in the AL East is above .500

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yankees starting pitching is starting to come back down to earth, same with the bull pen
The 5 in the rotation have started 87 of their 91 games. That's phenominal. Except.....Severino went down and won't throw for 2 weeks. Blessing in disguise? He's thrown 86 innings after throwing just 18 total in 2019 and 2020. But German is activated, so he should slide into Seve's spot for a while.

Some numbers.....on June 18th the Yankees were 49-16, with a 12 game lead in the East. Since then they've gone 13-12, 14-12 after tonight and they will have a 13 game lead. :wow2:So they picked a great time to have some clunkers.

Last edited:

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Yep German had a couple of nice rehab starts recently. His stuff is nasty I just hope he can come in mentally straight and deal with all the pressure

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I realize the race isn't for the AL East crown; that's practically a done deal. Just look at the numbers.

The Yankees are 63-28 (.692) and lead Tampa by 13 with 71 to play. If the Yankees can manage 41-30 (.577), then Tampa has to go 54-17 to tie. That's asking a lot. If the Yankees can do better....say 43-28, then Tampa has to go 56-15. Certainly those are just numbers. A bad losing streak in the next 3 weeks drawing Tampa (or Toronto or Boston) within 6 or 7 games could play with their psyche. Then the pressure is greater and the percentages change.

Right now, it's a race with Houston to get the #1 seed. And I believe Houston has a way of getting into the Yankees heads. Gotta slay that dragon just like the Rams did to the 49ers.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm not so much worried about performance as I am health. They lost Green for the season earlier. Seve has a shoulder issue. King just went out for the year and that's a huge loss. Chapman can't locate his heater. They need Loaisiga to find his old form now that he's back. Abreu getting better would help. It's a great thing they had both health and performance over the first half. A big lead helps. But they need to find another reliever, either via trade or in the system.

@Dieter.....yeah Soto gets traded. Where though? Toronto? Tampa? The Dodgers? The Mets?

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not so much worried about performance as I am health. They lost Green for the season earlier. Seve has a shoulder issue. King just went out for the year and that's a huge loss. Chapman can't locate his heater. They need Loaisiga to find his old form now that he's back. Abreu getting better would help. It's a great thing they had both health and performance over the first half. A big lead helps. But they need to find another reliever, either via trade or in the system.

@Dieter.....yeah Soto gets traded. Where though? Toronto? Tampa? The Dodgers? The Mets?
Yep Green pitched here at the University of Louisville, I thought he was on the verge of being really dominant but really didn't take that next step up like I thought he would.Saw King got hurt last night didn't hear he was out for the year, that hurts.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
The Yankees are falling apart just (8-15) after being (62-23) at one point. Starting pitching and bull pen are pitching more like everyone thought they would not lights out like they were the first half of the season.