Barksdale

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree with that but they have to heavily weigh in how hard it is to actually adequately fill a starting position at OT when evaluating the situation. Maybe I'm just overreacting because of how darn long they had a turnstile at Rt over the years.

I hope we can keep him. He is good and stays healthy. <-- sounds like a keeper to me.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As he is a great friend of the ROD. I say we get him back over here and convince him to stay.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Barksdale is incredibly underrated. I couldn't believe how much negative press I heard about him this offseason (Todd McShay!). He's a very good pass blocker on that right side and an extension is well deserved.

Hopefully he continues to fly under the radar and can be re-signed at an affordable price.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Best since Fred Miller.
Slater may be the best to ever play RT, certainly top 5.
Barksdale couldn't carry his lunch pale.
I think Ryan Tucker was better than Miller.

Kyle Turley was pretty good for about a year...seems like ions ago.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Ryan Tucker was very good. Good call.

Turley could be in the conversation if he didn't flame out so quickly.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One thing that we know is he has no competition from anyone this season. Barksdale is very alone over there @ ORT. He took over for the injured Saffold two times in 2013 & never looked back.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to guess that they do exactly that - re-sign him sometime before the season is over.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hope the Rams can resign him but if Chris Williams can get 3+ mil a season what will Barksdale get?

Barksdale has a huge wingspan - 36" arms.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/joseph-barksdale?id=2495118

Along with Barksdale, Kendricks and Pettis are first-contract free agents next offseason too.
Not sure we can use the Williams contract as a barometer. It seems the general consensus around the league that Williams was severely overpaid with that deal. Still, he will command a decent salary as he is finally showing the abilities many thought he'd have coming out of college.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hope the Rams can resign him but if Chris Williams can get 3+ mil a season what will Barksdale get?

Barksdale has a huge wingspan - 36" arms.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/joseph-barksdale?id=2495118

Along with Barksdale, Kendricks and Pettis are first-contract free agents next offseason too.
Barksdale is playing this season for that big contract now entering his 4th season with 38 games under his belt & 15 starts & 18 finishes compiled now he has proven to be at his best remaining healthy...for being a Ram that puts him in a class all by himself!

I would have to say that Barksdale is the main resign for early 2015 next season by a far margin.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Not only that but I always looked at Miller as an illegal motion machine. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit or putting too much weight on a few games but...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Mr Barksdale is going to be a rich man no matter if it's with the Rams or another team.
In FA if another team views him as a LT he will be a very rich man. Saffold's neighborhood.
Top tackles are hard to find no matter the side he plays on.
Barks is a nice guy, I hope he gets sets for life deal.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
lol. im sure thats all it will take.