Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
With Quick hurt and Britt taking over his role, I sure hope we see more of Bailey and I hope he really takes a big step forward. Same with Austin to a different degree.

I think our WR corps is immensely better than it was 4 or 5 years ago, but it seems that the improvement is more of the depth as a whole variety. Quick was showing he was a legit number 1 or 2...but nobody has really taken the reigns as the other clear top line guy.

Do you think Bailey (or someone else on the roster) will stake claim to that or will we go into the offseason with more of a collaborative approach at that position with the possibility of needing to look elsewhere for that guy?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I sure hope so, I hope him and Austin put together their talent to an NFL level, because if they do there's no limit on the crazy things they could do together. I hope they do get the opportunities they need to flourish and grow as players. If he can, then there's no reason why he couldn't be a solid number 2.

RamzFanz

Damnit
With Quick hurt and Britt taking over his role, I sure hope we see more of Bailey and I hope he really takes a big step forward. Same with Austin to a different degree.

I think our WR corps is immensely better than it was 4 or 5 years ago, but it seems that the improvement is more of the depth as a whole variety. Quick was showing he was a legit number 1 or 2...but nobody has really taken the reigns as the other clear top line guy.

Do you think Bailey (or someone else on the roster) will stake claim to that or will we go into the offseason with more of a collaborative approach at that position with the possibility of needing to look elsewhere for that guy?

Britts ready. Dude's been awesome. They need to find a way to get him the ball.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I was predicting Bailey as our starter this year before his suspension and Quick's emergence. Sted was by far our most impressive receiver at the end of last season. Did he regress, or does he really need Sam back? A four receiver set of Quick, Sted, Tavon and Britt sounds unstoppable!

... after we fix the OL

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Did he regress
I don't think he regressed, I just think people had a bit too high of expectations from the guy from the scattered nice plays he'd make. People were already affixing things like best receiver or ready to emerge on the guy before, at least IMO, he was actually ready to emerge. It also hurts a lot that I believe he's still in the dog house for the suspension and worming his way out of it. Fisher doesn't take too kindly to things like that and it seems like it's one of the few things he holds against his players.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Sted was by far our most impressive receiver at the end of last season

Only in your or peoples dream. Quick was running open from the Carolina Game on. Problem was and is now tthat they have a problem getting him (or Britt) the ball.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Only in your or peoples dream. Quick was running open from the Carolina Game on. Problem was and is now tthat they have a problem getting him (or Britt) the ball.

huh? The end of last season was a dream? Sted got open and caught everything thrown at him... I thought it was real, but I smoked a lot of the good stuff in college. Sorry, it made me forgetful - and non-combative

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Issue with Stedman and Tavon is that Davis doesn't have much in the way of field vision in the short passing game over the middle of the field. Guys like Cook and Britt can work it because of their height but I don't think Davis is able to see Tavon and Stedman a lot of the time. Although, I'd like to see Stedman take over the Quick role. Have him run those digs we were running with Quick. I think he can run those routes effectively.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm actually shocked Bailey isn't more involved in the offense, I thought he'd be a regular name on the scoresheet. I would love for him to make more of an impact though, he has the ability.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Issue with Stedman and Tavon is that Davis doesn't have much in the way of field vision in the short passing game over the middle of the field. Guys like Cook and Britt can work it because of their height but I don't think Davis is able to see Tavon and Stedman a lot of the time. Although, I'd like to see Stedman take over the Quick role. Have him run those digs we were running with Quick. I think he can run those routes effectively.
Austin also has a tendency to lock into one guy during the course of the game and nary look away, so much so that even Bradford basher would say that Bradford looks away more than him. His best games came when he spreads the ball all over the field, but most times he'll pick and guy and stick with him(Quick before he went down and it seems Britt is taking his place now.) That leaves the guys who aren't the first reads out to dry more times than not.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was predicting Bailey as our starter this year before his suspension and Quick's emergence. Sted was by far our most impressive receiver at the end of last season. Did he regress, or does he really need Sam back? A four receiver set of Quick, Sted, Tavon and Britt sounds unstoppable!

... after we fix the OL
Sorry man...but they have a long way to go before a statement like that has any legs.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Sorry man...but they have a long way to go before a statement like that has any legs.

We're two good SB knees away from it being reality - so yeah, we do have a long way to go.

Fix the OL & find a QB. We're good at receiver...

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
We're two good SB knees away from it being reality - so yeah, we do have a long way to go.

Fix the OL & find a QB. We're good at receiver...
agree. I whole heartedly believe all of our receivers are extremely talented but we just aren't able to see how talented with Davis' limitations and poor pass protection. the last two seasons have been 10x more frustrating than the previous 5 years because I see all the pieces come together with so much talent then something stupid happens...

reggae

Bailey would be fine as the slot guy. Givens needs to step up in Quick's absence. And, I don't even know what to say about TA. Other than he is a huge disappointment.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As A side note, we need to start getting a lot more production from our TE's! They played better Last year, what happened!?!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don't subscribe to the "coaches film" aka "all 22" myself.

But I've read posts from knowledgable fans that do. Every single one has claimed that Davis is frequently missing open receivers. That's actually good news, I think.

I'm currently supportive of Davis. I'm judging him as a new starting QB (which he obviously is), not as if he were a Brady or Peyton.

But he needs to study the film and identify the opportunities he's missing and learn to get through his progressions more quickly. Our OL should continue to improve as it gels.

Once Davis settles down he can execute a potent passing attack with our existing WR, TE, and RB corps.

That certainly includes Bailey.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
As A side note, we need to start getting a lot more production from our TE's! They played better Last year, what happened!?!
It might not be them, as much as a QB who is limited. Much the same as what this team experienced last year with Clemens. If the QB doesn't get the ball to the guys when they are open, you can't always say the TEs, (WRs) are at fault.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Draft QB, MLB, OL(x2), and can we get DGB with our 6th round pick? wait.....:oops:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Jared Cook is leading the team in receptions again, but with only 11 targets in the last 3 games combined, I agree that something is wrong.