Bailey reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That any of them were. They all failed tests under the old rules. Should have to serve the punishment they were given.
Right. It's like getting sentenced to 30 days in jail for DUI, then 15 days in the state changes the law and you get out early...wtf, doesn't make any sense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 game suspension is good enough now.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
xwoa.gif

Must be on another crack binge

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No, it's not crazy. That was the rule at the time. Gordon was aware of that rule. Laws change in real life, do you think people get to complain when they were convicted under the old law how it's not fair? You break the rules, you suffer the consequences.

And the fact that you're arguing that the NFL shouldn't do that is what's crazy to me. How on earth can you argue that they shouldn't do that? If players are being let off their suspensions now, why shouldn't players of old have been let off their suspensions? And since that can't happen now, all the NFL can do is pay them back the money they took out of their pockets.

Stedman will get paid for playing this week. However, Jo-Lonn Dunbar had to serve out his four games last year. Why should Stedman get let off his suspension and get paid and not Dunbar? It's too late to let Dunbar off his suspension but you can still return the game checks that were taken from him.

You can't argue one is logical and the other is not.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
After they failed their tests. Is the NFL going to retroactively go back and pay every single player that served out their suspensions under the same circumstances as the guys getting let off the hook now? No. Didn't think so. It's completely arbitrary and is why retroactivity when making rule changes is stupid.
sooo should Ray Rice be playing next week? lol retroactive...

RamzFanz

Damnit
No, it's not crazy. That was the rule at the time. Gordon was aware of that rule. Laws change in real life, do you think people get to complain when they were convicted under the old law how it's not fair?

Yes, yes they do. You absolutely can request leniency when a law changes because the old one was perceived as too harsh and it's often granted. Is it fair to harshly punish someone just because someone else was harshly punished in the past?

If it was just weed, it shouldn't even be tested for IMHO. We need to get over the "marijuana hysteria" the government sold us. We know better.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I agree that the suspensions should be lifted.

Not because it's right, but because I'm selfish, and I want to see Stedman Bailey play football this week.

Athos

Legend
Won't say just desserts. But the agreed upon rules beforehand were stupid.

And we've been snakebitten so damn much this season already, all I can say is thank the damn god of sports.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sooo should Ray Rice be playing next week? lol retroactive...

Yes. Fair or not, he was given his punishment. NFL shouldn't be able to change it after the fact because they don't want to deal with the negative PR.

Yes, yes they do. You absolutely can request leniency when a law changes because the old one was perceived as too harsh and it's often granted. Is it fair to harshly punish someone just because someone else was harshly punished in the past?

If it was just weed, it shouldn't even be tested for IMHO. We need to get over the "marijuana hysteria" the government sold us. We know better.

Fair enough. My wording was poor. You can request it but it's certainly not automatically granted.

As far as whether it should be tested or not, save that argument for someone else. The NFL has the right to decide whether or not they will test for weed...like any other business. I may not agree with the laws against weed but I certainly agree with businesses having the right to drug test for it.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Oh yeah! We now officially have our DB BBQ corps!!!

Britt - Bailey - Quick

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Changing NFL laws, rules, regulations and consequences should only happen during a particular "window" of time designated during the offseason. Any violations made thereafter should be subject to those new/current guidelines.
Sounds simple to me.
nixweiss.gif

Look, i'm stoked to have our guy back and shit, i'll take any break we can get....but this whole thing stinks of Goodell PR if you ask me.