Av’s FINAL Rams 7 Round Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
is my final mock. The Rams have given few clues, so I'm just going with my gut:

Round 1 (19): Olumuyiwa Fashanu, LT, Penn State

Yep... I'm bucking conventional wisdom and starting on the offensive side of the ball. The Rams have made a concerted effort to build a top-notch OL this offseason, re-signing Kevin Dotson, signing Jonah Jackson, and moving Steve Avila to center. At the same time, they offered starting LT Alaric Jackson only a one-year RFA tender. That signals to me an intent to take a LT if the right one falls. I think Fashanu is the right one, and I think he may fall to No. 19. If he does, he would give the Rams a LT with prototypical size, a great work ethic, and tremendous upside to protect the blind side for the next 5-10 years.

Round 2 (52): Marshawn Kneeland, EDGE, Western Michigan
Last year, the Rams went with Byron Young, an EDGE with WR speed, and that worked out pretty well. This year, I think they will look to bookend Young with a guy with a different profile. Kneeland is a power rusher, who will immediately be an asset as an edge-setter/run defender. He's the guy that the Rams have been trying to turn Michael Hoecht into, but he's more built for the role.

Round 3 (83): Ruke Orhohoro, DT, Clemson
The Rams will "replace" Aaron Donald with a committee. Kobie Turner and Bobby Brown are a good start, and Orhohoro will be a great addition. He's versatile, athletic, and has a ton of upside. You'll hear the cliche "his best football is ahead of him" uttered about many prospects. For Orhohoro, I really believe it is true.

Round 3 (99): Javon Baker, WR, UCF
I like Baker's size (6'1, 202), run after the catch ability, and positive showing at Senior Bowl practices. He seems like a Sean McVay type of WR to me. There are others, but they'll all be gone by this point in the draft.

Round 5 (153) Jaylan Ford, LB, Texas
He'll pair nicely with Ernest Jones on the inside. A pure tackling machine.

Round 5 (154) Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
I have Laube here for two reasons. First, I think Audric Estime, who would be a very good fit, will be gone. Second, I really like Laube's receiving and return skills.

Round 6 (195) Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin

Need depth on the interior OL. Bortolini can play OG and even RT in a pinch.

Round 6 (209) Joshua Karty, PK, Stanford
No more PK drama, please!!!

6 (213) Jordan Jefferson, DT, LSU
Another big body for the DL rotation.

6 (217) Nathan Thomas, OT, Louisiana
Could be a swing guard option for the future (i.e. post-Noteboom).

7 (254) Daequan Hardy, CB/PR, Penn State
The Tre'Davious White signing changed my outlook at CB entirely. I think the Rams are comfortable rolling with White, Darious Williams, Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick. I also wouldn't rule out a Ahkello Witherspoon reunion. Hardy is a slot-CB option, and could bring value-added returning punts.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Love it.

Can’t complain about any of those selections and if Fashanu falls to nineteen he has to be the pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm much more inclined to this mock if Fashanu was to drop to 19, just hate blowing multiple premium picks to grab him. I would very much hope he improves as a run blocker, and I'm sure he can. Like most of the remaining picks especially Kneeland and Baker.

TexasRam

Legend
Fashanu is a bit unrefined for my taste in RD 1. Tons of measurables and potential but lacking consistency and natural instinct at this stage--Per scouting reports I've read, and using the eyeball check.

But I am often way off on my projections so there is that.

My overall goal would be to get a very high floor player in RD 1 or else I move back.

Having said that I am sure Fashanu will now be a first ballot Hall of famer.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fashanu is a bit unrefined for my taste in RD 1. Tons of measurables and potential but lacking consistency and natural instinct at this stage--Per scouting reports I've read, and using the eyeball check.

But I am often way off on my projections so there is that.

My overall goal would be to get a very high floor player in RD 1 or else I move back.

Having said that I am sure Fashanu will now be a first ballot Hall of famer.
He’s a pretty refined pass blocker (no sacks allowed over 2 years at LT). He will need development as a run blocker, but I see him as a day 1 starter.