Austin, Donald Earn NFC Player of the Week Honors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stlouisrams.com

After the NFL’s opening week, two Rams have been issued NFC Player of the Week honors for their performances against the Seahawks.

Aaron Donald was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after recording two sacks to go along with 11 total tackles. As a unit, the Rams’ defense had six sacks, which was a Week 1 league best.

The last play of the game featured Donald stopping Marshawn Lynch in the backfield on a 4th-and-1 handoff, securing a Rams’ victory. Both of Donald’s sacks forced Seattle punts, one which Tavon Austin returned for a touchdown.

This 75-yard punt return is a large reason why Austin was named NFC Special Teams Player of the week. The play was the third longest punt return of Austin’s career and the longest in the NFL in Week 1. The wide receiver also scored via a 16-yard rush in the second quarter, making him just the fifth player in the last 20 years to score a rushing touchdown and return a punt for a touchdown in the same game.

This is the third time in his career to be named Special Teams Player of the Week and his next punt return for a touchdown will tie the Rams’ all-time record of four.

Article7CThkVdl4ii9p1x3QeJ6YOBX94lz3_WQKjCrVPgHxrg.jpg

Article0Xj7TkdlfMNvkgjXnDarpPdhg62ElypOeMm3AhQUwfk.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well done to them.

many more to come.

these two are the two players i get most excited about watching the rams do their thing. austin with the ball in his hands and donald with the qb in his hands.

…..

Legend
They need to change that picture of Aarron Donald before Marshawn's Mom notices the facemask and start a new facebook war.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah no doubt I think he has had three TD's called back right?

Or is it 4?
He had a punt return TD called back vs the Cowboys. A punt return TD called back vs the whiners. A long return called back vs the Jags. A 67 yard receiving touchdown vs the Panthers. And probably a couple more I can't think of.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
He had a punt return TD called back vs the Cowboys. A punt return TD called back vs the whiners. A long return called back vs the Jags. A 67 yard receiving touchdown vs the Panthers. And probably a couple more I can't think of.

Wasn't one against the Chargers or did that go out at the 2 yard line?

Big Game

Living The Dream
Feels good to see the team and various players getting kudos for there play!! (y):popcorn::cheers::cheers:

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
It's cool to see our guys get recognized for their play on the field. It will be even better when we see them lifting the Lombardi trophy.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Memories of the GSOT... the Rams were always leading the league in stats. I hope they can maintain some consistency. They look like a playoff team!