Any pending Free Agents you will have your eye on?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Thanks for the list @sdakotaram. I wonder the feasibility of landing this guy. KC would be nuts to let him walk but if he does become a FA I wonder what kind of money he'd want. It sounds like, from what little I've read, that he and KC aren't close on money and he's having a hell of a year.

4. Justin Houston OLB 26 KC

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm hopeful that the organization stays away from the early portion of free agency and just looks for bargains later.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm hopeful that the organization stays away from the early portion of free agency and just looks for bargains later.
Normally, I might agree, although the Rams may very well have a good deal more available CAP space this next off-season. Also, If Fisher finds himself in his 4'th year with the Rams, coming off 3 straight losing seasons, he may feel compelled to pull the trigger on other than FOJF type free agents. The Rams still have several depth areas which could stand some improvement, and the draft is not likely to address them all with the quality we might hope for. If guys like Wells, Jlong, Langford & Bradford do indeed become CAP casualties, that opens up a lot of room for spending. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is how I feel too. Fisher & Snead seem to be excellent & far much better at their signings of smaller or later UFA's.

The Rams UFA's signed by Fisher since his arrival over the time span of three seasons have hurt but not all bad. Below is a list of some of the early portion UFA's that have not worked out that well. I would say their body of work is about average with the 31 other NFL teams. I would give them a B minus grade overall in 3 season IMO.

CB Cortland Finnegan to a five year deal worth roughly $50 million. Average 10 mil yearly.

OT Wayne Hunter signed a 4 year / $12.90 million contract with the St. Louis Rams, including $5,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $3,225,000.

OT Jake Long
signed a 4 year / $34 million contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $12,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $8,500,000.

OC-Scott Wells a four-year, $24 million contract with $13 million in guaranteed money

OG Rodger Saffold signed a 5 year / $31.35 million contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $19,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $6,269,447.

TE Jared Cook-a 5 year / $35.10 million contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $16,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,020,000.

DT Kendall Langford (cap hit of 7 million in 2015 ) signed a 4 year / $22 million contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $6,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $5,500,000.

Rams have about 20 players on the roster now who will enter free agency in about 4 months. Here's my list who Fisher needs sign. This is my top half selection who I would like to see return. Top two would be Hekker & Harkey!

1-Hekker-Punter
2-Harkey-FB
3-Barksdale-OT (I have fallen off the JB bandwagon the last 2 weeks, JB has shown he is very week against smaller pass rushers)
4-Britt-WR
5-Kendricks-TE
6-McLeod- FS
7-Barnes-OC
8-Person-OL
9-Davis-QB

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've already started beating the Wis drum myself. Only problem is Oakland should have the money to keep him.

Wouldn't it be cool hour if the Rams got Wis after they got Saffold(then returned him)?

I am hoping Wis has become tired of the coaching changes and does not want to stay with the Raiders.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Wisniewski would be great. I still get a funny feeling when I imagine a line of Long-Donald-Suh-Quinn, if Suh opts out. We'd have the money for it.

I've been a major supporter of Brockers, but that fearsome foursome listed above would be a nightmare.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Iupati really hasn't played to the level he did early on in his career the part few years. I'd pass. Here's 3 reasons:

1. His play has declined (imo)
2. Injuries
3. Expensive

Do you guys really want 2 expensive injury-prone guards as our starters?

Was going to say this. Iupati hasn't been the same since his rookie year. I wouldn't want to throw money at him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wisniewski would be great. I still get a funny feeling when I imagine a line of Long-Donald-Suh-Quinn, if Suh opts out. We'd have the money for it.

I've been a major supporter of Brockers, but that fearsome foursome listed above would be a nightmare.
Huge talent, first round pick, lots of personal fouls....all Fisher boxes checked.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wouldn't it be cool hour if the Rams got Wis after they got Saffold(then returned him)?

I am hoping Wis has become tired of the coaching changes and does not want to stay with the Raiders.
That is probably our best shot....maybe Barksdale can talk him into it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Last edited:

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Meh, sign our guys back. Maybe Gresham, but I think signing Hekker, Kendricks, Britt,and Barksdale should be of the utmost importance.