Any News Or Rumors Of If Rams Have Made Saffold An Offer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if anyone has heard if the Rams have made any contract offers to Rodger Saffold. Seems like other teams have begun signing some of their Free Agents and I think it would be a great move for the Rams to sign Saffold!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Saffold could be looking at left tackle money if he hits free agency.

If I was his agent I wouldn't let him sign anything the Rams might offer at this point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's not worth LT money. He says he wants to be a Ram but i understand money talks. He won't be back if that's the case. He has a great opportunity right here in STL.

jap

Legend
His best bet is at guard where he can be a Pro Bowl player. I am confident it's obvious to Rodger that he was far more effective at guard than he was at tackle. If he plays like a Pro Bowl guard, he will earn money similar to a LT. However, I am sure the Horns will lace his contract with clauses to ensure that injuries to Beetlejuice won't hurt them too badly and with incentives should Rodger stay healthy and produce consistently well.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I wish(ALL NFL PLAYERS) had a heart instead of lookin for more $. Any position on that field you've got good money to live with.
Either way, hopefully Roger is back with us.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If another company was going to potentially double your current salary to go to work for them doing a job you prefer to your current one I don't know how you turn that down.

Business is business.

If another company was going to potentially double your current salary to go to work for them doing a job you prefer to your current one I don't know how you turn that down.

Business is business.

On my current wage sure, if I was paid $5m per year other factors would come into play.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I wish(ALL NFL PLAYERS) had a heart instead of lookin for more $. Any position on that field you've got good money to live with.

It's a business. No one puts themselves in harms way for pleasure. Well, no one not named Incognito.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
On my current wage sure, if I was paid $5m per year other factors would come into play.

The opportunity to play left tackle (along with a hefty pay raise) may be the only important factors to Saffold.

If you were in his shoes what else would you consider?

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The opportunity to play left tackle (along with a hefty pay raise) may be the only important factors to Saffold.

Coaching, Home, Friendships with Teammates, Community, Team Pride/Spirit, etc - OK, I know I am really, really reaching (I do realize money is going to be the main issue!) but I do hope the Rams and Saffold can come to a reasonable (for both parties) agreement!

The LT opportunity may sway me, but I'd also consider whether I enjoyed my current work environment, whether my family enjoy living in STL or wherever. I think money would be towards the bottom of my list once I have a house, a car, enough to never be hungry again.

Ram_of_Old

I have issues with the money and greed also, but I heard yesterday that the average career of a players in the NFL is 3 1/2 years. I can understand why they go for all the money they can get. Unless they invest wisely and plan for a second career, they could end up broke.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Well first of all he's going to get a pay raise of substance so some of the things he might consider are, weather , income tax rates or absence thereof (Seattle,Florida teams and Texas teams can brag NO state income tax, Cali is 10.5%) Missouri is mid range http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes/a/highest-state-income-tax-rates.htm, chances of making the pro bowl .......here IMO we have a decided advantage,he will never make it as a tackle and most everyone coming after him will be after a tackle, but if we throw some incentives in and promise to keep him at guard barring injury IMO he makes it next year and could become a perennial Pro Bowler,which FWIW brings a chance at HOF should this team gel around him.
Proximity to home could be an issue as well he's from Ohio which has teams ,played at Indiana so could be a Colts fan,in the end there will be a market set for him as the 6th best tackle available, then we'll see.
I can't imagine why he'd want to return to LT other than the money.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just left my neighbor's house, who just hung up the phone with his mom... No offer has been made.

I want to be clear; this is just a rumor.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tell me who is the starting left OT for the Miami Dolphins? Who was the starting OLG for the Dolphins? What state has Saffold spent the off seasons in? What state has great weather & very low taxes?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Tell me who is the starting left OT for the Miami Dolphins? Who was the starting OLG for the Dolphins? What state has Saffold spent the off seasons in? What state has great weather & very low taxes?
And who has a massive woody to freak us ?