Andrew Luck out 2-6 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...kidney-abdominal-injury-sideline-andrew-luck/

Lacerated kidney, abdominal injury sideline Andrew Luck
Posted by Zac Jackson on November 10, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwflnwy4mze5zwuzownkngywmge1ogrhmdvjmjayzwq4-e1447030923921.jpeg
AP

A lacerated kidney and a partial tear of an abdominal muscle will sideline Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, the Colts announced Tuesday.

The team said Luck will miss 2-6 weeks with the injuries.

“The injuries happened at the end of an early fourth quarter scramble when Andrew was doing everything he could to get us the win,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano said, via the team. “Andrew was sore after the game and was feeling a little worse Monday afternoon so we sent him to get tests.”

The team statement also said Luck would not require surgery but quoted Pagano as saying “it’s too early to guess” exactly how long Luck will be out.

The Colts got their biggest win — and probably played their best game — of the season last weekend against the Broncos to move to 4-5 on the season. They’re off this week and play at the Falcons on Nov. 22.

Matt Hasselbeck won both of his starts earlier in the season while Luck battled a shoulder injury.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Been a shit season for this kid man, if I were him I'd get out of Indy the minute I can. As long as Grigson and Pagano are doing their best Bud and Fisher things aren't going to look up for Indy any time soon.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
How are these guys getting kidney lacerations? Isn't this the second one this year? The other being Keenan Allen. Just seems like one of those injuries you don't hear very often.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been a crap season for this kid man, if I were him I'd get out of Indy the minute I can.

What and play in a division like the NFC West instead of the soft division he's in now? Luck to me is better than any QB the Rams have had for quite awhile but imo he's overrated because he plays six games a season against low-caliber teams.

How are these guys getting kidney lacerations? Isn't this the second one this year? The other being Keenan Allen. Just seems like one of those injuries you don't hear very often.

Symptoms of Kidney Laceration
  • Symptoms can vary and mild damage may initially show no symptoms.
  • Usually the abdomen will be painful on palpation.
  • Blood in the urine.
  • Nausea or vomiting.
  • Changes in blood pressure and pulse.
  • Shock which may lead to unconsciousness.
Causes
  • Impacts to the abdomen, especially the lower back area.
  • Falls, car accidents and physical attacks are the most common causes.
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/chest-abdomen-pain/kidney-laceration

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What and play in a division like the NFC West instead of the soft division he's in now? Luck to me is better than any QB the Rams have had for quite awhile but imo he's overrated because he plays six games a season against low-caliber teams.
Hell yeah, the kid is a gamer. He can't help that his division is shit and as such the team around him hasn't been well constructed. Irsay and Grigson are the ones that are overrated imo. They know that their division is weak so they can coast into the playoffs off of six free wins and look good, like they're building perennial winners instead of the half assed team they've created.

Luck takes way too much of the brunt for the fact that Irsay and Grigson don't give a shit, what's he gonna do, start evaluating talent for them?

If I'm him I definitely get out, the talent is there, but it's not going to mean anything if he keeps getting beat up and wastes away behind the crappy teams Grigson keeps creating. The sooner he gets out, the sooner he can play with people that match his talent and he can flourish instead of trying to force things to make the team play better than it is.

Q729

Legend

Sounds a lot like some golden boy who won Super Bowls with his kicker's foot and cheating. lol

FRO

Legend
Man getting picked by my fantasy team is the kiss of death.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he can still make the Geico caveman commercials while resting, so it's not a total loss.