Adrian Peterson reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
It cracks me up he is all bitter toward the Vikings....they really screwed him over by paying him $7.6M while he was on paid leave.
He is a total tool.
Would hate to see him behind that line in Dallas.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
if you wanna call getting a few smacks on the butt with a wooden spoon violence then that's your freedom. what AP did was wrong but there's nothing wrong with a spanking when really needed. too many 'yes' parents is the problem with today's society and not enough no's

I agree. I work part time at a school and the amount of disrespect kids give to teachers is insane. Attitudes, ignoring rules, talking back, etc. And it all starts at the home. Plus, a lot of them have a sense of entitlement. Whatever they want, they get. Then at school, a teacher says no to something, they are not used to it and bad things usually happen.

Oh and when an adult's voice needs to be raised to get the point across? I can't tell you how stressful that becomes for a teacher.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree. I work part time at a school and the amount of disrespect kids give to teachers is insane. Attitudes, ignoring rules, talking back, etc. And it all starts at the home. Plus, a lot of them have a sense of entitlement. Whatever they want, they get. Then at school, a teacher says no to something, they are not used to it and bad things usually happen.

Oh and when an adult's voice needs to be raised to get the point across? I can't tell you how stressful that becomes for a teacher.
General respect for others is at an all time low in out society it seems.
Try going to a movie....the people talking making noise or on their phones are just as likely to be 45 as 15.
I don't work in a school and I know kids are different many time when away from home. I haven't seen a ton of kids in my sons circle of friends that are disrespectful, maybe more informal that when I was a kid, but not disrespectful.
It sucks the kids misbehave at school....the sense of entitlement is the main thing. This is with adults too.
Parents should discipline their kids how they see fit....spank or not spank is a tired argument....the lessons on how to behave to be aware and respectful of those around you go a long way.
My son had one baseball coach in HS I thought was great. He made community service part of the deal if you were on the team....the guys had some options but they had to do community service and they had to tutor a freshman player.
Of course he got canned after two years because he wouldn't play kids that didnt do their part of the deal....shocking.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Plato

fearsomefour

Legend
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Plato
Nice.
The more things change.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Try going to a movie....the people talking making noise or on their phones are just as likely to be 45 as 15.
I don't work in a school and I know kids are different many time when away from home. I haven't seen a ton of kids in my sons circle of friends that are disrespectful, maybe more informal that when I was a kid, but not disrespectful.
It sucks the kids misbehave at school....the sense of entitlement is the main thing. This is with adults too.
Parents should discipline their kids how they see fit....spank or not spank is a tired argument....the lessons on how to behave to be aware and respectful of those around you go a long way.
My son had one baseball coach in HS I thought was great. He made community service part of the deal if you were on the team....the guys had some options but they had to do community service and they had to tutor a freshman player.
Of course he got canned after two years because he wouldn't play kids that didnt do their part of the deal....shocking.

I've been fortunate where I don't have that problem in movies.

Today for instance. I had a kid have a toy for show and tell. Whatever, you know let them have some fun. But when it was time to put it up, they wouldn't. We're supposed to take the toy away but I let them put it in their backpacks. Still wouldn't do it. Then I had to take it, in which case they threw a fit.

Oh and your son's coach? That's bullshit. Feel terrible for him.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
We better not sign him. Someone give Jerry a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and lock him in a closet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We better not sign him. Someone give Jerry a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and lock him in a closet.

Texas native? Need for a running back? Jerry's gonna give up his first for him. Bank on it. :p ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-cowboys-are-interested-in-rb-adrian-peterson

Now that Adrian Peterson has been reinstated by the NFL, the Vikings "look forward to Adrian re-joining" the team. Except that Peterson, who felt the organization didn't support him after he was indicted on child-injury charges last fall, feels differently.

For months there have been reports that Peterson wanted to play elsewhere in 2015, and the latest has the Cowboys showing interest (stop us if you've heard this before).

From Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman: "I asked two general managers about Peterson's return, and they told me they believe three teams are in play for him: the Cowboys, the Cardinals and the Raiders.

"'The Cowboys are the front-runners,' one said, 'but I actually believe the Raiders are right there.'"

Meanwhile, two writers for DallasCowboys.com, the team's official site, have debated trading for Peterson. Rob Phillips said landing Peterson would make the Cowboys a "serious contender," while David Helman argued that the cost of acquiring the 29-year-old running back wouldn't be worth it.

Freeman's front-office sources agreed. One general manager said the $12.75 million the running back is set to make annually in 2015, 2016 and 2017 is "an anchor around Peterson's neck," adding: "Few teams will be willing to take him, at his age, with that salary."

Yahoo.com's Charles Robinson says the Vikings could get a second-round pickfor Peterson, while ESPN's John Clayton doesn't think it'll be more than a fourth-rounder. Whatever happens, this much is certain: Peterson will almost certainly be forced to rework the six-year deal he signed in 2011 that will pay him $46 million in the next three years.

Former agent Joel Corry, writing for CBSSports.com, explained earlier this month. "It's unlikely that any team is going to be interested in taking on Peterson's existing contract given it doesn't bear much relation to the rest of the running back market. If Peterson is intent on leaving Minnesota, he'll probably have to renegotiate his contract so that it is more reflective of the running back marketplace."

Then again, all bets are off if owner and general manager Jerry Jones truly does have the final say on whether Peterson becomes a Cowboy. The team let DeMarco Murray walk last month, and signed Darren McFadden to help replace him. And while we think McFadden was the affordable, sensible signing, he's also not going to replicate Murray's production by himself.

Which brings us back to Jones.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Please go to the Raiders. Anywhere but Arizona...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not the Raiders. Latavius Murray deserves to be the primary RB. He's earned it and he's a beast in his own right.

I still wish the Rams had taken him in the 5th instead of Zac Stacy in the 6th of that draft...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Texas native? Need for a running back? Jerry's gonna give up his first for him. Bank on it. :p ;)
Naw, Stephen won't allow it. He and Will McClay are the ones who stopped Jerruh from drafting Johnny Rehab, which ended up being the best decision because we got an all-pro guard. We'll be drafting gurley/gordon in the 1st, or yeldon/ajayi/abdullah/Coleman in the 2nd.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rumor
The Vikings are saying it would take "at least a first-round pick and more compensation" to consider trading Adrian Peterson so says ESPN's Adam Caplan.

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, it would take "at least a first-round pick and more compensation" for the Vikings to consider trading Adrian Peterson.
That's quite a haul for a 30-year-old running back who hasn't played since Week 1 of last season. The "compensation" the Vikings are looking for is a starting cornerback, a position they're expected to address in the draft. The Vikings' front office feels the team is "so much better" with Peterson and they're absolutely right. Peterson is a foundational runner and an ideal complement to rising sophomore quarterback Teddy Bridgewater
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4169/adrian-peterson

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12714360

Makes me wonder ........if the Viks who are selecting right behind us if they are eye balling the top rated CB Trae Waynes
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/trae-waynes?id=2552448

Memento

Name
Jemma
Naw, Stephen won't allow it. He and Will McClay are the ones who stopped Jerruh from drafting Johnny Rehab, which ended up being the best decision because we got an all-pro guard. We'll be drafting gurley/gordon in the 1st, or yeldon/ajayi/abdullah/Coleman in the 2nd.

Nah. Gurley and Gordon aren't falling to you. Hell, I don't even think Duke Johnson is going to fall to you. Not with multiple teams ahead of you (San Diego, Philly, Arizona, San Fransisco, Cleveland at #19, Pittsburgh, and Detroit) who all need a dynamic running back. Not with Gurley's medical history checking out fine. Not with Gordon and Johnson having no medical history whatsoever.

You better start getting that #28 Peterson jersey while you can. :p

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Nah. Gurley and Gordon aren't falling to you. Hell, I don't even think Duke Johnson is going to fall to you. Not with multiple teams ahead of you (San Diego, Philly, Arizona, San Fransisco, Cleveland at #19, Pittsburgh, and Detroit) who all need a dynamic running back. Not with Gurley's medical history checking out fine. Not with Gordon and Johnson having no medical history whatsoever.

You better start getting that #28 Peterson jersey while you can. :p

I'd be surprised if Gurley/Gordon fell to us, but it's not like we can't find a productive back in later rounds. We got Murray in the 3rd. I just pray someone snatches him up soon so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'd be surprised if Gurley/Gordon fell to us, but it's not like we can't find a productive back in later rounds. We got Murray in the 3rd. I just pray someone snatches him up soon so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

The backs you mentioned...

T.J. Yeldon. Big, slow, productive Alabama back. See Richardson, Trent and Ingram, Mark.

Tevin Coleman. Unless Dallas is running a one-cut ZBS, you're wasting your time with him. Talented but limited back. Compared to your very own Darren McFadden.

Jay Ajayi. Talented. Character issues, durability issues, fumbling issues, fast. Probably your best bet in the second, but no guarantees that he's even there. Compared to Mikel LeShoure.

Ameer Abdullah. Ball security issues, not a three-down back because of his size, injury concerns. Compared to Andre Ellington.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Since when have the Cowboys cared about character issues? Lmao.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Since when have the Cowboys cared about character issues? Lmao.

Obviously not, since you still have that drunk driver/teammate killer on your team. Peterson would be a perfect fit for your organization.