Adrian Peterson Arrested.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
give me a break. Not even that bad.

Yea, because every four year old deserves crusted over scabs on their thighs, scrotum, back, legs, etc.

What a big man you are.

Intentional, physical harm to a child, especially a defenseless child, sickens me.

Makes me absolutely ill!

Do people even UNDERSTAND that the human brain isn't fully developed until well into the teens, if not early 20s.

So you punish a kid through violence? I don't give a shit whether it is hard enough to bruise and break bones or a little slap. Violence is violence. Makes excuses all you want to make yourself feel better. That's fine. But don't pretend it isn't.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I find that the people who oppose spanking the most are those who were not spanked as a child and imagine it as a cruel punishment. In reality, if you ask the majority of people who were spanked as a child, they would tell you that it wasn't bad.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
My Dad use to whip me and I am better for it. Worste I ever had was with a drum stick... holy crap that hurt like hell.

Thanks Pops! Peterson did nothing wrong, freak the panzy arse media and our chicken little society. People just don't get it, anymore.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Hell, public shaming/embarrassment by your parents in public is more of a punishment than a spank.[/QUOTE]

yea but then you would be acused of verbal abuse

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I find that the people who oppose spanking the most are those who were not spanked as a child and imagine it as a cruel punishment. In reality, if you ask the majority of people who were spanked as a child, they would tell you that it wasn't bad.

Imo, A parent's job is to protect their child from violence, not be the bringer of it. You are not protecting a child by physically dominating them.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
If you don't know the difference, it's definitely a good thing you are against spanking.

Because there is no difference. You and others merely justify it because it's what you know or was done to you. Consider something different.

Athos

Legend
No wonder leaders in this country grew up to use fear tactics in politics and beyond to "make their point" and "teach us all a lesson."

Fear tactics and indoctrinated abuse as a child that taught it's "a-okay" to smack your kid around rather than competently teaching your child what is right and wrong. I sure as hell didn't need physical abuse to learn.

Violence is the lazy man's way out.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My Dad use to whip me and I am better for it. Worste I ever had was with a drum stick... holy crap that hurt like hell.

Thanks Pops! Peterson did nothing wrong, freak the panzy arse media and our chicken little society. People just don't get it, anymore.

Is this supposed to be in blue font? Dude, I usually respect your opinions, but he's FOUR YEARS OLD. You really think getting whipped and having permanent scars is okay? I get being punished, my dad did it too. Most parents punish their kids. But holy shit, you shouldn't lay your hands on a four year old, it's completely insane. I think this thread needs to get moved or deleted, because I don't see it end up being productive or beneficial.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Imo, A parent's job is to protect their child from violence, not be the bringer of it. You are not protecting a child by physically dominating them.

It depends on the child and the environment/culture that surrounds him. Some kids are bad ass hell and do not respond to time-out or looks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Anarchy and Athos? How old are your children?

ShaneFalco

Yea, because every four year old deserves crusted over scabs on their thighs, scrotum, back, legs, etc.

What a big man you are.

Intentional, physical harm to a child, especially a defenseless child, sickens me.

Makes me absolutely ill!

Do people even UNDERSTAND that the human brain isn't fully developed until well into the teens, if not early 20s.

So you punish a kid through violence? I don't give a crap whether it is hard enough to bruise and break bones or a little slap. Violence is violence. Makes excuses all you want to make yourself feel better. That's fine. But don't pretend it isn't.
who said that?

Im just saying, on a scale of abuse from 1/10, i would put that at about a 3. Ive had my ass whipped as a kid to the point my butt had some blood. Dont hate my father for it or anything.

What are you saying the alternative would be? Take away his kids and put them in CPS where they are 10x more likely to be abused?

Kids need their fathers to be in their lives, even if they are hardasses.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Anarchy and Athos? How old are your children?

I have no children. But do have several nieces and a nephew. I just told one of my nieces I did not believe in spanking. I think we are better off talking to kids. Encourage them to think instead of react. Act how you want them to act. If you are violent with them then it stands to reason they may start to act violent too. Look at Peterson's son - he hit another kid, where did the kid get that from? From his father perhaps. Where did Peterson get it from? Probably his mom and on and on it goes. I've also seen this with my step father and his son. He brutally spanked him with wooden paddles. He's kinda the black sheep of the family now, probably has borderline personality disorder which made hi. Difficult even as a child. The spanking and beatings just made things worse imo. This should be more about alternatives to spanking I suppose because I know what some of you are thinking. U think that if you don't spank then the kid is out of control. This is where alternatives are needed. I recommend Just remove hitting from Your toolbox. Kids are supposed to make mistakes. It's our job to protect and prepare them as best we can.

RamWoodie

Legend
If this is really about a father giving his kid a spanking with a "switch"...it's pretty ridiculous. As long as he didn't go overboard.

I spanked my kids...I have six and their all grown now. When I spanked them, I used a paddle on their backside...arrest me.