Aaron Donald vs. Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
My fantasy league is using Defensive Players this year. Last week I started Lavonte David, needless to say he had an ok week.

Aaron Donald had a great game last week. I picked up him dropping Lavonte.

I was able to make a move to my IR spot with a player and added Janoris to the roster.

Which player do I start between those two this week? Right now I have Donald in but I have this feeling that Janoris is taking one to the house this game.

What do you guys think?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
How is the defense scored in this league? I'm not really familiar.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Aaron Donald. He's going up against Scherff.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How is the defense scored in this league? I'm not really familiar.

2 pts. for big plays like int, sack, fumble forced, fumble recovered.

1 pt. for each tackle

6 pts. for a td scored.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

1 pt. for each tackle

6 pts. for a td scored.
Based on that scoring system I think Donald has the better chance to gain you points versus JJ. Looks like you are counting on an interception for JJ but that is not a sure thing whereas AD getting tackles and sacks are almost a slam dunk over the center field fence before crossing the blue line!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

1 pt. for each tackle

6 pts. for a td scored.

Donald is a much safer bet. Jenkins might have a big game but it's no guarantee. You can expect Donald to have a strong game every week, even with the Redskins cut blocking and all that stuff they do. Donald will produce with a lot of tackles, maybe some sacks, and he can force fumbles as well. I think he's at minimum like 8 points a week.

Jenkins is more of a Hail Mary. Cousins is definitely turnover prone, but there's no guarantees it will be Jenkins, and you're banking on a touchdown, that's a little tough to predict. He's not going to be involved in as many tackles and I really doubt any sacks or forced fumbles.

jap

Legend
A little off topic but I thought JJ had a very impressive game last week

Jenks played disciplined ball. The only times he has done that in the past is when he was playing hurt and couldn't do everything so he was forced to play honest. He is hands down the best CB on the team and one of the very best in the NFL when he plays disciplined.

Now, I don't want him to surrender his gambling ways entirely. I just want him to temper the gambling with savvy thinking---then he could be much more like Aeneas Williams used to be.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jenkins did jump a pass and was upset with himself for not making the INT.

For comparisons sake. Janoris had 6 points last weeks based on tackles made only. . . Donald had 13 with 9 tackles and 2 sacks.

I am banking on a JJ int + td to start him but for some reason I feel against this Redskins team that is more likely than Donald matching what he did last week.

I really don't know! Redskins really did get the ball out quick and they had the luxury of Alfred having a good day.

I love that I am finally having a debate over which Ram player to start rather than seeing each and every one of them on the waiver wire.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, I'm in the minority. Based on that scoring system; I'd go Jenkins.

Cousins is usually good for a pick or two.

Donald might get a sack, but Cousins generally gets the ball out quick.

For my money I'd go Jenkins.

TexasRam

Legend
Donald will be getting 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles along with 7 tackles for loss...

Jenkins will have 3 pick 6.

So it's a tough call.