Aaron Donald status next season up in the air?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Still think there is a bit of blind squirrel eventually finding an acorn hindsight here, but kudos to Jourdan.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Still think there is a bit of blind squirrel eventually finding an acorn hindsight here, but kudos to Jourdan.
Lol.

You shouldn’t even bother if you’re still taking shots at her.

I get it.. you don’t have any respect for her or believe that she’s actually a professional with standards & resources.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Lol.

You shouldn’t even bother if you’re still taking shots at her.

I get it.. you don’t have any respect for her or believe that she’s actually a professional with standards & resources.
Where should I send your new reading glasses?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Where should I send your new reading glasses?
To the blind squirrel you were referring to.

Again.. I get it.. you don’t like to be held accountable for your words.

The meaning of your aphorism?

“This expression means that even if people are ineffective or misguided, sometimes they can still be correct just by being lucky.”

So.. stand by your words… or don’t.

But they mean what they mean.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I mean…the thread was filled with people saying she’s turning a non story into clickbait—which is exactly what they said about her over the summer when she hinted at Kupp’s setback. Probably the two biggest Rams personnel stories of the last 12 months, and both times she was on the money.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mean…the thread was filled with people saying she’s turning a non story into clickbait—which is exactly what they said about her over the summer when she hinted at Kupp’s setback. Probably the two biggest Rams personnel stories of the last 12 months, and both times she was on the money.
Whatever... she still has split ends.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Guys, we're lucky to have Jourdan reporting for us. We had hacks in STL (Jabba the Hutt, er, Bernie, Jim Gordon, etc.), we had Nick Wagoner at one point. I don't think people realize how lucky we all are to have someone like Jourdan breaking stories like this, critiquing the front office in a non-judgmental way - and yet having the restraint to let AD announce his retirement on his own terms.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here’s my final say on this…

Jourdan first reported that Donald himself stated he was coming back. Later, she questioned this, but was vague and cryptic as to what changed.

I personally don’t care for that type of reporting. To me, a “teaser” report is clickbait…whether or not it proves accurate.

Maybe Jourdan knew more than she felt she could let on. Maybe she didn’t, and was just throwing something against the wall that stuck this time.

Either way, I’m not a fan of “teasers.”

And, no, whatever I felt about Jourdan’s reporting in this instance, I don’t dislike her, and I don’t think she is lacking in overall credibility.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Jourdan first reported that Donald himself stated he was coming back. Later, she questioned this, but was vague and cryptic as to what changed.

I personally don’t care for that type of reporting. To me, a “teaser” report is clickbait…whether or not it proves accurate.

Maybe Jourdan knew more than she felt she could let on. Maybe she didn’t, and was just throwing something against the wall that stuck this time.

And, no, whatever I felt about Jourdan’s reporting in this instance, I don’t dislike her, and I don’t think she is lacking in overall credibility.
But you think she’s a blind squirrel who got lucky.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Guys, we're lucky to have Jourdan reporting for us. We had hacks in STL (Jabba the Hutt, er, Bernie, Jim Gordon, etc.), we had Nick Wagoner at one point. I don't think people realize how lucky we all are to have someone like Jourdan breaking stories like this, critiquing the front office in a non-judgmental way - and yet having the restraint to let AD announce his retirement on his own terms.
Bernie had his axes to grind but the guy was a font of insider info on the Rams. He was also reporting during a time of incredible strife within the Rams organization with competing fiefdoms and so sometimes his stuff sounded like sour grapes but that's just what the different sides were reporting to him.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I would posit that some (a lot of) people's livelihoods depend on/are enhanced by "clicks", and that referring to headlines as 'click bait', an (imo) inherently derogatory term, does some journalists a misjustice.

I signed up to the Athletic solely because of Rodrigue, and haven't been sorry.
Will be bummed when she leaves the Rams and goes national, which will happen.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Unless she KNEW he was retiring when she gave the podcast, and was sworn to secrecy, she was, at best, a myopic squirrel.
So, there you go.

Because it’s black or white to you and she couldn’t have possibly simply been reporting things as plainly and clearly as she laid out.

Lol

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would posit that some (a lot of) people's livelihoods depend on/are enhanced by "clicks", and that referring to headlines as 'click bait', an (imo) inherently derogatory term, does some journalists a misjustice.

I signed up to the Athletic solely because of Rodrigue, and haven't been sorry.
Will be bummed when she leaves the Rams and goes national, which will happen.
I think media literacy is actually a major problem in the country and we’re just seeing symptoms of it here.
People don’t seem to understand what a beat reporter does.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler

She reported that Aaron Donald *said* he was coming back. Which isn’t the same thing as “Aaron Donald is definitely coming back”. Players and coaches say they are coming back all the time and it turns out to not be true.

It’s clear as day that there were rumblings of his retirement behind the scenes. She was basically letting fans know what was coming without actually breaking the story. Peter Schraeger reported that the Rams have known about this for a while and wanted Donald to be able to announce it on his own terms. If Jourdan breaks the story 3 weeks ago that the Rams are anticipating Aaron Donald is gonna retire, it likely costs her some sources in the building, as keeping this under wraps appeared important to the Rams and Donald.

Being a beat reporter requires some finesse. You can’t just report every single thing you know as breaking news, even if you know it’s 100% true.

WestCoastRam

Legend
She reported that Aaron Donald *said* he was coming back. Which isn’t the same thing as “Aaron Donald is definitely coming back”. Players and coaches say they are coming back all the time and it turns out to not be true.

It’s clear as day that there were rumblings of his retirement behind the scenes. She was basically letting fans know what was coming without actually breaking the story. Peter Schraeger reported that the Rams have known about this for a while and wanted Donald to be able to announce it on his own terms. If Jourdan breaks the story 3 weeks ago that the Rams are anticipating Aaron Donald is gonna retire, it likely costs her some sources in the building, as keeping this under wraps appeared important to the Rams and Donald.

Being a beat reporter requires some finesse. You can’t just report every single thing you know as breaking news, even if you know it’s 100% true.
My guess. She reported what she could without jeopardizing her sources and relationships. She reported what other teams were asking, and people's word (Donald, McVay and Snead), no jeopardy there.