___ days until Kickoff!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mel Owens
1657635033427.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 55005

Rams have had quite a few quality #58s ... NOT Mike Morton.

Roman Phifer was really good (on some very bad teams). Mel Owens was solid (on some very good teams). Cory Littleton (personal recent favorite) contributed on recent Rams' playoff teams; and I like Justin Hollins versatility and have high hopes for him this season.

However, the late Isaiah Robertson was THE #58. All Pro on some great defenses. Impact-player who had one of the most memorable plays in Rams' history. An interception of Hall of Famer Sonny Jurgensen, returned for a Touchdown (terrific run) to seal a 1973 playoff win against George Allen's Redskins.

That was the Rams' first post-season victory in about twenty years.
hater!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hooray for George (Allen), Hooray at last,
Hooray for George (Allen), He's a Horses' s Ass.

Redskins sang that to George Allen after they beat Tommy Prothro and the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football in 1971 to secure a playoff birth and knock the Rams out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hooray for George (Allen), Hooray at last,
Hooray for George (Allen), He's a Horses' s Ass.

Redskins sang that to George Allen after they beat Tommy Prothro and the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football in 1971 to secure a playoff birth and knock the Rams out.
For that alone, George, I'm gonna fire your ass in Preseason some year! ~ Carroll Rosenbloom

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Helped make the 1974 playoff win in the Coliseum even more enjoyable.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Helped make the 1974 playoff win in the Coliseum even more enjoyable.
What never made sense to me is why they tried to bring George Allen back in 1978. They sited that he wins, however, Allen had a worse post season record then Knox. For the life of me, I will never understand that hire.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What never made sense to me is why they tried to bring George Allen back in 1978. They sited that he wins, however, Allen had a worse post season record then Knox. For the life of me, I will never understand that hire.
George: I can win a Super Bowl with Pat Haden.
Carroll: Hired!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
George: I can win a Super Bowl with Pat Haden.
Carroll: Hired!
The irony there is Pat Haden was the ringleader in getting George Allen fired, when Allen asked the Rhode Scholar to pick up a Hot Dog Wrapper that was blowing on the practice field. (True Story)
1657644502346.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The irony there is Pat Haden was the ringleader in getting George Allen fired, when Allen asked the Rhode Scholar to pick up a Hot Dog Wrapper that was blowing on the practice field. (True Story)
View attachment 55010
George: Hey Short Stuff, get that wrapper!
Pat: Do you know who I am? I'mma USC GOD!

LOL...looks like age shrunk Geoge Allen is still taller than Pat Haden

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What the heck is that uniform? Double stripes on the sleeves? Am I nuts for not remembering ever seeing this uniform? I do kinda like it though.
Yeah early 70s still had those, forget when they moved from them as those early 70s years were a bit before my time. :clinkingbeer:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What the heck is that uniform? Double stripes on the sleeves? Am I nuts for not remembering ever seeing this uniform? I do kinda like it though.
That was the uniform for most of the 1960s through 1972. Robertson came into the League in 1971.

Rams almost always wore their white uniforms back then because most teams wore their dark/color jersey at home, which meant most road teams wore their white jersey. The Rams and Cowboys were pretty much the only teams to wear white at home. So, with few exceptions, they were in white most every game.