5 "surprise" players that could crack the Ram 53...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now I see nothing that tells me Randolphs going to start, & in fact Chris Bryant actual was playing very well on special teams the last 2 games of the season.He is a guy to not sleep on for a roster spot.

If excelling in special teams translated to offense/defense than Benny would be a Pro Bowl RB. :D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If excelling in special teams translated to offense/defense than Benny would be a Pro Bowl RB. :D

Over Tyler Lockett of Seahawks ?? Did you see his first career put return ??

Darren Sproles from K- St. As well. I like Pharoh Cooper .Tavon Austin is more electric than Benny !!
Who is Justin Buthel
Or Cedric Peerman

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hemingway, the 6th rounder. He's as athletic as Higbee without the injury history. He's a lock to make the roster as the 4th TE.

I like his chances. The Rams had him rated the same as Higbee.That is why they dipped back in.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hemingway, the 6th rounder. He's as athletic as Higbee without the injury history. He's a lock to make the roster as the 4th TE.
Maybe.
I don't know enough about him to form an opinion.
I would think Harkey is a lock.
I don't know if they will carry four or not. Maybe practice squad for one of them?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess the question is between RB/WR/TE, how many roster spots are there?

fearsomefour

Legend
I guess the question is between RB/WR/TE, how many roster spots are there?
14 or 15 would be the traditional allotment I think.
Kendrick's and Harkey are for sure makes, or close to it, in my opinion. Given what the team paid to keep them and their roles and history. The team could carry 4 TE's or could designate Harkey a FB or Hback.
What player is going to be used more and contribute more. Carrying four TE's may not make sense if there is just redundancy is roll. Carrying a 6th WR that contributes on special teams (see Marques from last year) may make a lot more sense.
Who are the "sure" keeps at this point?
Austin, Britt, Gurley, Cunningham (RB), Kendricks, Harkey,....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
14 or 15 would be the traditional allotment I think.
Kendrick's and Harkey are for sure makes, or close to it, in my opinion. Given what the team paid to keep them and their roles and history. The team could carry 4 TE's or could designate Harkey a FB or Hback.
What player is going to be used more and contribute more. Carrying four TE's may not make sense if there is just redundancy is roll. Carrying a 6th WR that contributes on special teams (see Marques from last year) may make a lot more sense.
Who are the "sure" keeps at this point?
Austin, Britt, Gurley, Cunningham (RB), Kendricks, Harkey,....
14 would be the max IMO
And yeah Harkey is a FB/TE, so 4 RB max

jap

Legend
They should should just time all guys running in pads, and call it a day. That's all that counts, anyway.

I have been advocating this practice of having the running events at the combine conducted in pads for years, but my words of wisdom have been utterly ignored and scattered to the abyss. :cry::sadwalk::banghead:

To get hints of guys who run fast in pads, look for phrases like "he carries" or "wears his pads well." Isaac Bruce, like Jerry Rice, is another guy who ran well in pads. Typically, for these types of players the difference between running in pads vs gym shorts comes down to hundreds of a second. As a hypothetical example, Jerry may have run the 40 yard dash in 4.60 seconds flat, but in pads he may have been slowed down to 4.64 seconds. Both times round to 4.6 seconds when the hundredths digit is dropped.

jap

Legend
Tavon Austin is more electric than Benny !!

Tavon is more electric than virtually every other player in the league. One of his greatest competitors for sheer electricity resides on his own team---Todd "The Gurley Express!" Gurley.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tavon is more electric than virtually every other player in the league. One of his greatest competitors for sheer electricity resides on his own team---Todd "The Gurley Express!" Gurley.
True - but Benny is a stud as a KR guy. The last thing i want to see is Tavon getting injuries on a KR.Same with Gurley.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have been advocating this practice of having the running events at the combine conducted in pads for years, but my words of wisdom have been utterly ignored and scattered to the abyss. :cry::sadwalk::banghead:

To get hints of guys who run fast in pads, look for phrases like "he carries" or "wears his pads well." Isaac Bruce, like Jerry Rice, is another guy who ran well in pads. Typically, for these types of players the difference between running in pads vs gym shorts comes down to hundreds of a second. As a hypothetical example, Jerry may have run the 40 yard dash in 4.60 seconds flat, but in pads he may have been slowed down to 4.64 seconds. Both times round to 4.6 seconds when the hundredths digit is dropped.
The old running the 40 indoors in shorts and a T shirt....I'm with you, in pads. But again, Rice, Bruce and whomever weren't successful because of 40 times.
They could change direction on a dime. Great body control.
As an aside, saw Jerry Rice, Faulk, Tim Brown, Patrick Peterson, Carson Palmer among others today. None of those dudes are big. Most are pretty slim including Petersen. The exception was Palmer who is a big dude.
Really got me to thinking about the game within the game in football. It's obvious, but, the pure speed game outside and a power game inside.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Maybe it was the Rams saying he runs a 4.7 :mrburnsevil:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
---- I think a sleeper know one is talking about if Troy Hill. He was doing well in OTA's.
Myles brought his name up in his DB break down.I have not heard one poster bring him up. I remember him being a big name at Oregon.