OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Down to clowney and I will still continue to say Calais Campbell draft a DT and sign Clowny at least then you can use those picks with a bit more breathing room as you have some sort of front that can play and play decent hopefully

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
In one instance, Jackson got hurt and McVay left Noteboom on the bench and played somebody else. That guy was a turnstile.
Actually Noteboom was RG at the time. I think keeping Noteboom as backup is a good thing.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Down to clowney and I will still continue to say Calais Campbell draft a DT and sign Clowny at least then you can use those picks with a bit more breathing room as you have some sort of front that can play and play decent hopefully
I think of Young IS Clowney ... just a younger version.

Truly elite talents. Young was the 2nd overall pick, after Joe Burrow. Clowney was 1st overall.

Consider Clowney to be an NFL Mercenary.
I did some quick research; and no team has ever signed Clowney to a multi-year extension ... not even 2 years.

Clowney played 5 years with Houston. the Texans picked-up his 5th year option.
Texans then Franchise tagged Clowney, and traded him to Seattle, where he played one season.
Then Clowney signed a one-year-deal with Cleveland; and another with the Browns the next season.
Finally, he signed a one-year-deal with Baltimore for last season.

Jadeveon Clowney has been playing on one-year contracts for the past six seasons!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Truly elite talents. Young was the 2nd overall pick, after Joe Burrow. Clowney was 1st overall.

I did some quick research; and no team has ever signed Clowney to a multi-year extension ... not even 2 years.

Texans then Franchise tagged Clowney, and traded him to Seattle, where he played one season.
Then Clowney signed a one-year-deal with Cleveland; and another with the Browns the next season.

Jadeveon Clowney has been playing on one-year contracts for the past six seasons!

I think the problem was clowney wanted a massive pay day. As in multi year above $15m. No team was giving him that as his pass rushing skills weren't up to that level.

So he took a one year deal so he could try again the next season. He's been trying for a while.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Outstanding. I was somewhat concerned the Saints might nab one of the EDGE rushers. Now they'll go Oline for sure, IMO.
Def seems like they need help at Oline for sure. But they have so many needs, they could pick anything including edge still. Cam Jordan is OLD.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eh, Clowney was a great run defender. Young is not. Young has oodles of potential as a pass rusher, but the effort hasn't been there consistently.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Eh, Clowney was a great run defender. Young is not. Young has oodles of potential as a pass rusher, but the effort hasn't been there consistently.
I was focused more on 2 elite talents that no team seems willing to make even a two-year commitment on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another edge off the list. Down to like, what, Clowney?
There are some others we could take a flyer on too:
Yannick Ngakoue
Carl Lawson
Emmanuel Ogbar
Jerry Hughes
Calais Campbell
Tyus Bowser
Markus Golden
Charles Harris
Dawuane Smoot
Bud Dupree
Julian Okwara

But yeah, not a lot of great options.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yannick Ngakoue
Carl Lawson
Emmanuel Ogbar
Jerry Hughes
Calais Campbell
Tyus Bowser
Markus Golden
Charles Harris
Dawuane Smoot
Bud Dupree
Julian Okwara

The Eagles signed Okwara a few days ago. I think one of their better signings.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Derek Barnett?
You're right, forgot about him. I do wonder why Philly didn't use him at all before trading him last season, but, he was fairly productive with Texans and is still only 27. Would be a solid pick up IMO.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right, forgot about him. I do wonder why Philly didn't use him at all before trading him last season, but, he was fairly productive with Texans and is still only 27. Would be a solid pick up IMO.
Agreed. And we need some veteran presence on that d line

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He was known around here as being a bit of a bonehead. Dumb killer penalties at the worst times and just never looked special. I would rather have Jonah Williams back.

20hrswk

UDFA
Yannick Ngakoue
Carl Lawson
Emmanuel Ogbar
Jerry Hughes
Calais Campbell
Tyus Bowser
Markus Golden
Charles Harris
Dawuane Smoot
Bud Dupree
Julian Okwara

I will take 38 year old Calais Campbell for a year at a good price.

Good against the run and provides a little more pash rush than we have now.

Add one of Murphy / Sweat / Newton / Fiske / Jenkins / Hall in the draft and we're looking all right.