OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Chase Young canceled/rescheduled his visit with the Saints yesterday or the day before after the AD news broke.. hopefully he rescheduled it for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I just really want a beast secondary. I'm advocating for it really hard.
I agree, however I think DT/edge is a better long term investment. Many Corners fall off a cliff once they hit the age where they begin to slow down.

But, maybe long term is not as much of a concern.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

I think that's a pretty surface analysis of the situation, honestly. Just using anticdotal evidence like the Rams for instance, when mcvay started using the run game more, we won more games last season. There are far more great and/or good receivers in the league than rbs. So just based on production, passing is going to look like it leads to a higher percentage of winning. Bc multiple teams have one or more good receivers, either as wr or te's. But how many teams have a rb that is as productive as Williams was last season? The answer is 1 and that was San Fran.

Also scheme is a huge factor. If you don't have an oline that is successful in the run game, it's obviously gonna effect the outcomes, example, Gurley in 2016 and Gurley in 2017.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
DT - OLB - CB - WR with the first 4 would be ideal, IMO. Then get OT - RB in the 5th.
That’s my thinking as well. Except DT / OLB can be switched depending on who is available that first pick (ie Verse…or Latu if they have no issues with his LT health).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that's a pretty surface analysis of the situation, honestly. Just using anticdotal evidence like the Rams for instance, when mcvay started using the run game more, we won more games last season. There are far more great and/or good receivers in the league than rbs. So just based on production, passing is going to look like it leads to a higher percentage of winning. Bc multiple teams have one or more good receivers, either as wr or te's. But how many teams have a rb that is as productive as Williams was last season? The answer is 1 and that was San Fran.

Also scheme is a huge factor. If you don't have an oline that is successful in the run game, it's obviously gonna effect the outcomes, example, Gurley in 2016 and Gurley in 2017.
If you look at McVay's title team they won that on the back of the pass game. McVay's teams led by Gurley were fun but didn't win shit. I still love Gurley, loved Dickerson, Bettis, etc but we didn't win shit with them as the offensive focus.

On the flip side there aren't a lot of QBs who can do what Stafford did though.

In the end and in spite of the stats and what they say, because I'm a stubborn old fool of a fan, I still highly value stuffing the run and being able to mash that fucker down an opponent's throat. I think power matters and will always matter. But I find it interesting to see metrics get put up that challenge my assumptions with this game.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If you look at McVay's title team they won that on the back of the pass game. McVay's teams led by Gurley were fun but didn't win shit. I still love Gurley, loved Dickerson, Bettis, etc but we didn't win shit with them as the offensive focus.

On the flip side there aren't a lot of QBs who can do what Stafford did though.

In the end and in spite of the stats and what they say, because I'm a stubborn old fool of a fan, I still highly value stuffing the run and being able to mash that fucker down an opponent's throat. I think power matters and will always matter. But I find it interesting to see metrics get put up that challenge my assumptions with this game.
You dont think we would have won in 2018 if Gurley wasn't 100%? In 2018 we didn't have Kupp in the SB either, who won the MVP the year we did win. Lots of factors, my man. Who we went up against is also a huge factor. Brady/bellicheck have been to numerous superbowls compare to the Bengals who have never been.

Psycho_X

Legend
Chase Young canceled/rescheduled his visit with the Saints yesterday or the day before after the AD news broke.. hopefully he rescheduled it for us.
I still hope we don't spend one cent on that guy. I know you're desperate for any move no matter the cost but this isn't it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You dont think we would have won in 2018 if Gurley wasn't 100%? In 2018 we didn't have Kupp in the SB either, who won the MVP the year we did win. Lots of factors, my man. Who we went up against is also a huge factor. Brady/bellicheck have been to numerous superbowls compare to the Bengals who have never been.
You are right there are a lot of factors. I don't disagree.

I think if we had Kupp we win that Super Bowl. Slam dunk truth there IMO.

I think if McVay had sat Gurley for CJ Anderson in the Super Bowl we had a better chance at least to win it. Because he would have forced the Pats to switch out of that wide look nonsense by powering that ball up their asses. CJ changed that dynamic quite a bit.

I think if we had better QB play we win that Super Bowl. I am haunted by Goff not seeing his target in the endzone as I was in the stands screaming at him to make that throw.

But in the end nobody is saying the run game isn't important. Rather that the pass game potency is more crucial if you want to win it all.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I still hope we don't spend one cent on that guy. I know you're desperate for any move no matter the cost but this isn't it.
I keep going back and forth on Young...
He's got the most talent of anyone available and showed up in the Super Bowl.
But, the fact the 9ers moved on.. and the fact he's so inconsistent.. are big turnoffs.

They need to bring in a Vet edge still, imo. Just not sure who that's gonna be or how they're acquired. Hoecht improved as the year went on.. but.. they need an upgrade. A first rounder will help, but... I'm worried about that pass rush.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
He has shown the ability. Yes he also had a lack of effort that was highlighted in the media and got attention but he bounced back and balled out the next game. Sign him on a 1 yr prove it deal and let him earn himself a payday.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
You can have 5 Jalen Ramseys in the secondary without a pass rush they will all look like 5 tackle dummies.
or

Kendricks!!!

ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you guys think about signing Randy Gregory and Sebastian Joseph?

WestCoastRam

Legend
But, the fact the 9ers moved on.. and the fact he's so inconsistent.. are big turnoffs.

They need to bring in a Vet edge still, imo. Just not sure who that's gonna be or how they're acquired. Hoecht improved as the year went on.. but.. they need an upgrade. A first rounder will help, but... I'm worried about that pass rush.
Tice and Mayes go into Rams FA (before the Donald announcement) in their second to last pod. Really like it but Maye worried about the D. Thinks Hoecht was tendered cause something else didn't work out at edge. (Jourdan reported they originally weren't going to).

We can garner that their edge strategy was most likely threading a needle on a guy like Van Ginkel (they expressed interest) but not any high end guys (Jourdan reported they weren't in on Hunter, Greenard, a few others).

Sure seems like the plan is to be a top 3 offense and just get the D to be average. Like Mayes, "I don't hate that strategy." I actually think it's the better shot at the dance than spending less on the oline and trying to shore up the D and possibly having an above average offense and an above average defense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tice and Mayes go into Rams FA (before the Donald announcement) in their second to last pod. Really like it but Maye worried about the D. Thinks Hoecht was tendered cause something else didn't work out at edge. (Jourdan reported they originally weren't going to).

We can garner that their edge strategy was most likely threading a needle on a guy like Van Ginkel (they expressed interest) but not any high end guys (Jourdan reported they weren't in on Hunter, Greenard, a few others).

Sure seems like the plan is to be a top 3 offense and just get the D to be average. Like Mayes, "I don't hate that strategy." I actually think it's the better shot at the dance than spending less on the oline and trying to shore up the D and possibly having an above average offense and an above average defense.
I don't hate the overall plan, for sure.
And I absolutely think that first pick is an edge at this point.. with DL the second most likely.
Load up on young D in draft and be competitive.
If they have a year where things go right, like last year? The D will be better, even without Donald.
-D Williams being healthy gives them significant upgrade at one C
-Draft a C in first three rounds.. AND have other guys competing
-Curl is a solid safety with a little more versatility than Fuller
-Lake is ascending and gives them another versatile safety
-Rookie Edge to bring explosiveness
-Rookie DL(s) to bring more athleticism to the position, overall
-Rookie LB to, hopefully, help out Jones
-Byron Young learns a couple of moves
-Hoecht continues to improve, giving them a quality rotational Edge
-Bobby Brown stays healthy and plays like he did last year
-Kobie Turner keeps at it

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

I agree with that but the niners aren't infoulable either sometimes it clicks on that stage and now he tasted it and wants to prove everyone wrong and get bk has a chance to make this his defense possibly I'd chance it depends on the contract.

I'd take either young especially due to his age or Clowny and draft a DT but for now I'd sign Calais Campbell I believe he still only 32 himself no? .....funny about a week or two I really wanted dj Reeder he would be nice to have rt now. Sadly he is gone