2019 Game Day Menu - Championship Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am going back to what I made on opening Sunday...

Chili

Complimented by beer... and... whatever else the refrigerator has to offer. I am jazzing the base of this chili differently with a taquera sauce, and it will be all ground beef. Luscious.

We have a snowstorm all day... got a fire going already... football... food... beer... hunkered down. PERFECT lazy football day! :foot

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We are doing homemade chicken tenders with beans and fries (also homemade).

I was out at a Slipknot gig last night so very hungover- no booze for me today.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Chili

Complimented by beer... and... whatever else the refrigerator has to offer. I am jazzing the base of this chili differently with a taquera sauce, and it will be all ground beef. Luscious.

We have a snowstorm all day... got a fire going already... football... food... beer... hunkered down. PERFECT lazy football day! :foot

What is taquera sauce CGI I am not familiar with it?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is taquera sauce CGI I am not familiar with it?

I bought a bottled sauce. But a good dark one like in photo below.

It is made from cascabel chiles, tomatillos, tomato, garlic, cumin and salt. Generally used in tacos, stews, soups. I like salsas in my chili base, this is another variant.

The finished chili should be extra dark, rich in spices, and a tad more liquid-y than a traditional chili. That’s what I am going for, anyway. (y)

I really enjoy playing with chili and believe I probably could enter a cook off... some day. I’d “like to believe” (perhaps disputable - lol) I have a good understanding of the levers to play with when it comes to chili.

This one... I will cook the beef in the base until I get the base right, then add beans. As the base progresses I will finish it with either: coffee, beer, or broth to get the viscosity right. It depends what it tastes like when I get to that point as to which I pick.

You would enjoy my chili if you like different ones.

Spicy-sauces-like-this-cascabel-taquera-sauce-bring-the-authentic-flavor-of-Mexico-to-my-table.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Looks great. I am not a huge fan of ground beef so I normally make my chilli with chunks of beef instead. I always do it the same way... maybe I should try to change it up!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am on the road again. So it looks like take out and back to the hotel for the late game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Grilled Cajun Ribeye steak today gentlemen as I can't express enough the advantage of having an indoor grill in the great northeast.
1579446355632.png

Fatboy

Rookie
I've got a #33 club BBQ today, ribeyes for the Titans and ham and scalloped potatoes for the Whiner game! -- the Fatboy

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm still trying to decide.

I am gonna make something with a shit ton of cheese on it so that I can try my part at sending some good juju to the pack. Even though they have the world's biggest d-bag at QB. it's gonna be a big baked dish of broccoli. I make sure to bake it so that the cheese is brown and crunchy around the edges and across the top.

I don't know what to make with it yet though. I should go pack a giant bong swat and "clear" my mind first.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I usually golf on Sundays. Went yesterday so I can watch football today. Change of days still didn't help my game. But thats something else. Maybe its the cold weather. We get those stretches where we don't see the sun for a week and its not rain. Just a heavy, cold dampness in the air. The valley fog socks everything in the mornings and lifts later into an overhead cloud and waits till the next morning to come down into a thick fog.

Anyway, I think I'll be making some pizza pockets. I used the copper coated sandwich maker with some white bread. Make a meat sauce with Prego and Jimmy Dean sausage. Make sure not to put too much sauce. You want it thick.

Fill two slices of bread with it. Rainbow sandwich slices are the best. Wonder is ok too. Top it with a blend of mozzarella and sharp cheddar. Put the other slices on top. Brush melted butter on both sides. Make sure its real butter not margarine. Put it in the sandwich maker for 5 minutes and presto! You have 4 pizza pockets. You can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on them too.

Really good. And you can make like 24 of them in 30 minutes if you have people over. I just start making the next one while the first one is cooking. Everyone loves them. Oh, and there will be the usual chips and dip. Salsa and Ranch dips.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2CA80843-032C-495F-B4DF-576A7B633A03.gif

95AC2777-DE3E-48C4-B14A-CD7675B18756.gif

B0D0647A-DE8D-48BC-AAEE-617AEA28A281.gif

I’m going with this theme today.
Cheese and rice they better win!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I really enjoy playing with chili and believe I probably could enter a cook off... some day. I’d “like to believe” (perhaps disputable - lol) I have a good understanding of the levers to play with when it comes to chili.

You should do it, they are great fun.

Back in the mid 80's I participated in quite a few Chili Cook-offs. The one I remember most was also the one where I barely avoided complete disaster. I owned a deli at the time which acted as the commissary for my Location Film Catering company, and I used a variety of meats common to a delicatessen rather than ground beef. Anyway, the cooking process didn't develop the way it usually did and the chili was thick and plain tasting, but now it was just minutes prior to submitting the finished product to the judges, and me starting to panic, ... I went to another concession stand and purchased a can of coke as it was a very hot summer day and i'd been standing over the cooking chili as well as my large BBQ from which I was selling chicken and ribs at my booth during this festival. Figuring all was lost, I instead poured all the coke into the 100 quart stock pot which contained the chili. As i'm stirring, the consistency is improving, and a few moments later when tasting, the flavors I originally expected are back. I managed a 4'th Place Ribbon that day, and also made the permanent switch from Pepsi to Coke. I never did discover what properties in a Coke could waken the latent spices from their rest, but i'll never forget it. The judges did remark that the chili might have even scored higher, but they couldn't make out the meats being used. Had I kept my wits, I would have liked to have told them it was squirrel & possum, but that didn't happen. At the time, I didn't realize they would also 'wash' the chili to better examine the ingredients, so that turned out to be the last time i'd use several deli meats in competitive chili contests.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In Canada... When you need beer... you put on your Rams gear... slap on a backpack... and you fucking go get beer...

(y)

5EA70A7F-45B9-4BCA-8DFF-F4A5815491A8.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's a great photo!

Just took that pic 30 min ago. About half mile hike thru the woods, it clears... and a liquor store emerges. :D

Actually, no lie... I’m hiking the trail, and a guy passes me on cross country skis being pulled by 2 dogs.

#canadaliving

…..

Legend
Under the questioning eyes of a few TSA agents, I lugged 4 of these puppies home from Cali a few weeks ago. 20 pounds of frozen Tri-tip was my personal item and it’s become a must do whenever I go back home, despite the fact that it’s a guaranteed search of my bags to see just what the hell Im carrying..

I like mine untrimmed, covered in salt, pepper, garlic, and Pappys seasoning. About 15 minutes on each side usually leaves a good char with medium rare center.

Bringing them to room temperature then rub just before grilling, and let sit 20 minutes before slicing will ensure that they are tender and juicy.
CE468828-645B-4468-B195-054C0A02FD38.jpeg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Just took that pic 30 min ago. About half mile hike thru the woods, it clears... and a liquor store emerges. :D

Actually, no lie... I’m hiking the trail, and a guy passes me on cross country skis being pulled by 2 dogs.

#canadaliving
This has to be the Greatest Story Ever Told!

quebecramfan

Rookie

Chili

That's sounds like us out here in Quebec city. Got some good windchill in effect here. I got a chili going with some "poulet a la bière" in the oven. Going to shovel some snow and then get the fire going and watch some football!!