2018 ROD MOCK DRAFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Before the mock draft is finished and we all move on, I want to thank T-REX for organizing and facilitating this!

OUTSTANDING !

giphy.gif

GREAT JOB! @T-REX

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's time to groom a replacement for Phillip Rivers. He believes he has two more years left in his tank... I hope so. With the 251st pick, The LA Chargers select a QB who's described as a potential steal/ sleeper but MUST have time to develop.

Kurt Benkert QB Virginia
You’re back - nice pick

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This year seems much more competitive across the board. I feel even worse now for running roughshod all over everyone the last few years.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
NICK GATES | Nebraska 6053 | 307 lbs. | rJR. Las Vegas, Nev. (Bishop Gorman) 11/27/1995 (age 22.4) #68

BACKGROUND: A four-star offensive tackle recruit out of high school, Nick Gates was a key cog in the Bishop Gorman run of three straight state titles in his final three years of high school (42-3 record) – also a standout on Bishop Gorman’s state championship baseball team (.370 batting average and seven home runs in 2013). He earned First Team all-state honors as a senior and was rated as the No. 1 recruit in the state of Nevada, collecting a few dozen offers from several top programs like Alabama, Oklahoma and USC. However, Gates stayed loyal to the schools who offered first and felt that Nebraska and head coach Bo Pelini recruited him harder than anyone, committing to the Cornhuskers. After redshirting in 2014, he earned the starting right tackle job as a redshirt freshman and started 10 games, missing three due to injury. Gates moved to left tackle as a sophomore and started all 13 games, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. He again started every game as a junior left tackle and took home All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. Gates decided to skip his senior season and enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

YEAR (GP/GS)

2014: Redshirted

2015: (10/10) 10 RT

2016: (13/13) 13 LT

2017: (12/12) 12 LT

Total: (35/35) 25 LT, 10 RT

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP

COMBINE 6053 307 32 10 1/4 79 1/4 5.46 3.11 1.87 24 07’10” 4.68 7.61 20

PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only)

STRENGTHS: Steady knee bend and body control for his size…adequate lower body quickness…uses leverage to reset and find his anchor mid-rush…redirects well to gain proper position and shield run lanes…eager with his hands…grip strength to control once he latches on…rolls his hips at contact to put defenders in motion…competes with the mean streak to match the intensity of opponents, finishing defenders to the ground…veteran presence and finished his career with 35 career starts (second most on the Nebraska offense was 22 starts)…durable starter and plays through pain, including a bad right ankle sprain (Oct. 2016)…experience at both tackle positions, including 25 straight starts at left tackle (Nebraska record for the position).

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal frame and length for edge work in the NFL…lacks ideal range in his kickslide, allowing rushers to run the arc…hand placement is a mess with wide elbows and late punch…too reactive and late to recover vs. counters or inside moves…forgets his feet at contact, falling off blocks…can be put on skates and pushed into the pocket when rushers attack his chest…durability and toughness not a concern, but did miss three games as a redshirt freshman with a left high ankle sprain (Oct. 2015).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Nebraska, Gates arrived in Lincoln with lofty expectations and turned in mixed results the last three seasons, but he rarely came off the field, starting every game at left tackle as a sophomore and junior. Although he has some athletic traits, he struggled mightily against top-tier pass rush competition with his shaky performances against Derek Barnett (Tennessee), Nick Bosa (Ohio State) and Shaka Toney (Penn State) standing out on film. Gates gets himself in trouble when he allows rushers to initiate the action, leading to bear hugs and off-balance reactions in space. While the negative plays stand out, so does his physical grit and hockey tough attitude to bury defenders and compete through the whistle. Overall, Gates needs technique and strength work before he is ready for NFL snaps, but he shows the body control and nasty attitude of a developmental guard prospect.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hey I gotta run into town, won't be long. back by 4:15pm PST

Edit: I'm back. Locked Cocked & Ready to Roll

Last edited:

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Buffalo Bills Draft Recap

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma
2. Rashaad Penny, RB San Diego St.
2. Tyrell Crosby, OT Oregon
3. Frank Ragnow, C/OG Arkansas
3. Darius Leonard, OLB South Carolina St.
3. Rasheem Green, DE/DT USC
3. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame
3. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4. Genard Avery, LB Memphis
4. Tony Adams, OG North Carolina St.
6. Justin Watson, WR Penn
6. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame

*Also traded C Ryan Groy to the Rams for WR Mike Thomas

Philadelphia Eagles Draft Recap

1. Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
4. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon
4. Jaylen Samuels, TE/RB North Carolina St.
6. Andre Smith, LB North Carolina
7. Cedrick Wilson, WR Boise St.

*Also traded DE Chris Long to the Rams for DE Morgan Fox

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sadly this is the Whiners entire draft. Stupid Lynch doesn't suck as much as i'd like. If theyre draft worked out this way I wouldnt be to happy. Only thing I wish is that I coulda moved back and got Landry and an extra pick or two.

1. Harold Landry OLB, Boston College
2. DJ Chark WR, LSU
3. Donte Jackson CB, LSU
3. Brian O'Neill OT, Pittsburgh
4. Terrell Edmunds S, Virginia Tech
5. Nyheim Hines RB, NC State
6. Greg Senat OT, Wagner
7. Greg Gilmore DT LSU
7. Javon Wims WR, Georgia

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Full Draft Board page 70

Round 7
219. New England Patriots - @Memento - Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
220. Pittsburgh Steelers - @TK42-RAM - [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Marcus Baugh, TE, Ohio State[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]221. Indianapolis Colts - [USER=4493]@Shane Grandle
- Jordan Mailata, OT, South Sydney[/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
222. Houston Texans - @Legatron4 - Deandre Goolsby, TE, Florida
223. San Francisco 49ers - @Tron - Greg Gilmore, DT, LSU
224. Chicago Bears - @OldSchool - Davin Bellamy, OLB Georgia
225. Seattle Seahawks - @shaunpinney - Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU
226. Seattle Seahawks - @shaunpinney - Phillip Lindsay, RB, Colorado
227. Miami Dolphins - @Corbin - Matthew Thomas, OLB, FSU
228. Oakland Raiders - @FaulkSF - Michael Dickson, P Texas
229. Miami Dolphins - @Corbin - Trevon Young, DE, Louisville
230. Jacksonville Jaguars - @Rams Until I Die - Azeem Victor, ILB, Washington
231. Washington Redskins - @Merlin - Ben Neimann, OLB, Iowa
232. New England Patriots - @Memento - Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi
233. Oakland Raiders - @FaulkSF - Olasunkami Adeniyi, OLB, Tulane
234. Carolina Panthers - @T-REX - Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State
235. New York Jets - @Rambitious1 - Keishawn Bierria, ILB, Washington
236. Dallas Cowboys - @jsimcox - Simmie Cobbs, WR, Indiana
237. Detroit Lions - @Ramrocket - Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA
238. Baltimore Raven - @Ramhusker - Troy Apke, SS, Penn St.
239. Green Bay Packers - @Dieter the Brock - Darious Williams, CB, UAB
240. San Francisco 49ers - @Tron - Javon Wims WR, Georgia
241. Washington Redskins - @Merlin - JK Scott, P, Alabama
242. Carolina Panthers - @T-REX - Cam Serigne , TE , Wake Forest
243. Oakland Raiders - @FaulkSF - Alex McGough, QB, Florida Int.
244. Atlanta Falcons - @SierraRam - Dane Cruikshank, CB, Arizona
245. New Orleans Saints - @JackDRams - Will Dissly, TE, Washington
246. Pittsburgh Steelers - @TK42-RAM - Martez Carter, RB, Grambling State
247. Jacksonville Jaguars - @Rams Until I Die - Jason Cabinda, ILB, Penn St.
248. Seattle Seahawks - @shaunpinney - Marquez Valdes -Scantling, WR, South Florida
249. Cincinnati Bengals - @PressureD41 - Nick Gates, OT, Las Vegas, Nevada
250. Philadelphia Eagles - @RamsFlash80 - Cedrick Wilson, WR Boise St.
251. Los Angeles Chargers (Comp) - @SierraRam - Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia
252. Cincinnati Bengals (Comp) - @PressureD41
253. Cincinnati Bengals (Comp) - @PressureD41
254. Arizona Cardinals (Comp) - @Mojo Ram
255. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Comp) - @TK42-RAM
256. Atlanta Falcons (Comp) - @SierraRam

Players taken:
Offense:
Quarterbacks- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen,JoshAllen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield. Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, Kyle Lauletta, Mike White, Riley Ferguson, Logan Woodside, Nic Shimonek, Alex McGough, Kurt Benkert,

Runningbacks- Saquon Brakley, Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny, Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman, Kalen Ballage, Nyheim Hines, Mark Walton, Bo Scarbrough, John Kelly, Kyle Hicks, Dimitri Flowers, Akrum Wadley, Darrell Williams, Roc Thomas, Josh Adams, Phillip Lindsay, Ito Smith, Martez Carter,
Wide Receiver- Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, D.J.Moore, Anthony Miller, Christian Kirk, Deon Cain, DJ Chark, Dante Pettis, Michael Gallup, James Washington, Antonio Callaway, Equanimeous St. Brown , Daesean Hamilton, Auden Taint, Daurice Fountain, Tre'quan Smith, Allen Lazard, J'Mon Moore, Trey Quinn, Justin Watson, Keke Coutee, Deontay Burnett, Marcell Ateman, Simmie Cobbs, Jordan Lasley, Javon Wims, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Cedrick Wilson,
Offensive Line- Mike McGlinchey, QuintenNelson, Connor Williams, James Daniels, Colton Miller, Isaiah Wynn, Orlando Brown, Billy Price, Will Hernandez, Tyrell Crosby, Frank Ragnow, Chukwuma Okorafor, Brian O'Niell, Desmond Harrison, Braden Smith, Martinas Rankin, Austin Corbett, Jamarco Jones, Alex Cappa, Wyatt Teller, Joseph Notebloom, Geron Christian, Brandon Parker, Mason Cole, Will Richardson, Tony Adams, Cole Madison, Will Clapp, Scott Quessenberry, Timon Parris, Taylor Gossett, Taylor Hearn, Skyler Phillips, Greg Senat, Ike Boettger, Jamil Demby, Brett Toth, Tyron Crowder, Sean Welsh, Toby Weathersby, Jordan Mailata, Nick Gates,
Tight End- Dallas Goedert, Mike Giesicki, Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Ian Thomas, Troy Fumagalli, Dalton Schultz, Durham Smythe, Ryan Izzo, Chris Herndon, Jaylen Samuels, Tyler Conklin, Jordan Thomas, Austin Roberts, Jordan Aikens, Andrew Vollert, Marcus Baugh, Deandre Goolsby, Cam Serigne, Will Dissly

Defence:
Defensive Line- Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, Tavon Bryan, Maurice Hurst, Harrison Phillips, Tim Settle, Derrick Nnadi, B.J. Hill, Nathan Shepherd, Trenton Thomas, Jalyn Holmes, Foley Fatukadi, Kendrick Norton, Deadrin Senat, R.J. McIntosh, Andrew Brown, P.J. Hall, Breeland Speaks, Christian LaCouture, Sebastian Joseph, Zaycoven Henderson, Duvonte Lampkin, Khalil McKenzie, Greg Gilmore,

Defensive End / Edge- Bradley Chubb, Harold Landry, Marcus Davenport, Sam Hubbard, Arden Key, Josh Sweat, Jeff Holland, Rasheem Green, Kemoko Turay, Chad Thomas, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Da'Shawn Hand, Duke Ejiofor, Mike Love, Kentavius Street, Marquis Haynes, Tyquan Lewis, Marcell Frazier, Ade Aruna,Trevon Young,
LineBacker- Tremaine Edmunds, Roquan Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans, Lorenzo Carter, Darius Leonard, Shaquem Griffin, Dorance Armstrong JR, Malik Jefferson, Uchenna Nwosu, Jerome Baker, Genard Avery, Micah Kiser, Fred Warner, Al-Rasheed Benton, Ja'Von Rolland-Jones, Oren Burks, Hercules Mata'afa, Tegray Scales, Josey Jewell, Mike McCray, Christian Sam, Nick DeLuca, Dorian O'Daniels, Jack Cichy, Andre Smith, Leon Jacobs, Davin Bellamy, Matthew Thomas, Azeem Victor, Ben Neimann, Olasunkami Adeniyi, Keishawn Bierria, Jason Cabinda,
Cornerback- Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, Mike Hughes, Isaiah Oliver, Carlton Davis, JC Jackson, Donte Jackson, DJ Reed, Anthony Averett, M.J. Stewart, Holton Hill, Quenton Meeks, Parry Nickerson, Duke Dawson, Isaac Yiadom, Tony Brown, Kevin Toliver, Tarvarus McFadden, Nick Nelson, Rashaan Gaulden, Christian Campbell, Kamron Kelly, Greg Stroman, Michael Joseph, Davontae Harris, Darious Williams, Dane Cruikshank,
Safety- Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison, Jessie Bates, Kyzir White, Marcus Allen, DeShon Elliott, Armani Watts, Tarvarius Moore, Terrell Edmunds, Tracy Walker, Quin Blanding, Siran Neal, Godwin Igwebuike, Troy Apke,

Special Teams
Kicker- Daniel Carlson

Punter- Michael Dickson, JK Scott
L/S-

@PressureD41 is on the clock
@PressureD41 is on deck
[/USER]

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny, I posted my mock for the Bears to some of their fans and it sparked so far a 4 page debate on Nelson's value at 8 over the best EDGE that may be available :)

Most seem to love the draft the only thing some would change is Landry at 8 instead and the best OL in the 2nd. But the value of Nelson and Carter seems to be better to most of them than Landry and an OL in the 2nd.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Callaway went in the 3rd round here. Reports are now he either failed a drug test or returned a heavily diluted sample (which amounts to a failed test). I'd be shocked if he's drafted at all now. Slight slight chance a 7th rounder.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Callaway went in the 3rd round here. Reports are now he either failed a drug test or returned a heavily diluted sample (which amounts to a failed test). I'd be shocked if he's drafted at all now. Slight slight chance a 7th rounder.
Define dumbshit. What are these guys thinking? Oh wait. They’re not.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
My picks will be in shortly, lots of table banging in war room currently

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
JORDAN WILKINS | Ole Miss 6005 | 216 lbs. | rSR. Cordova, Tenn. (St. Benedict) 7/18/1994 (age 23.8) #22

BACKGROUND: A four-star running back recruit out of high school, Jordan Wilkins was a two-sport standout at St. Benedict, starring in football and basketball. He rushed for 1,546 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior and the scholarship offers started to pour in, initially committing to Auburn. Wilkins rushed for 1,041 yards and 14 scores as a senior before a season-ending knee injury, causing some programs to back off. He de-committed from Auburn a week prior to signing day and flipped to Ole Miss over Tennessee, Michigan and others. After redshirting in 2013, Wilkins rushed for 361 yards and one touchdown in 2014. He shared the back-up duties as a sophomore and finished with 379 yards and four touchdowns. Wilkins was expecting to take a substantial step forward in 2016, but he was suspended for the season due to a credits issue after changing his major. He returned in 2017 as a senior and led the team in rushing with 1,011 yards and nine touchdowns, adding 26 catches and 241 yards for one touchdown.

YEAR (GP/GS) CAR YDS AVG TD REC YDS AVG TD

2013: Redshirted

2014: (13/0) 52 361 6.9 1 1 6 6.0 0

2015: (13/2) 72 379 5.3 4 5 75 15.0 0

2016: Did not play (academics)

2017: (12/12) 155 1,011 6.5 9 26 241 9.3 1

Total: (38/14) 279 1,751 6.3 14 32 322 10.1 1

COMBINE 6005 216 30 1/8 09 3/8 74 - - - 36 09’09” 4.27 - 16 (no 40-yard dash, left hamstring)

PRO DAY 4.51 2.60 1.58 37 10’03” - - -

STRENGTHS: Good-looking athlete…bursts off his plant foot without gearing down mid-cut…strong-strider and understands run angles in space…balanced ballcarrier to bounce off defenders and keep his feet underneath him…attacks the hole with a head of steam when he finds it…cuts off blocks to squirt through holes before they expand…soft hands and steady focus through the catch to scoop throws off his shoelaces…efficiently turns from pass-catcher to ballcarrier to create (57.7% of his 2017 catches went 10+ yards)…fumbled only twice in his Ole Miss career…named a senior captain…averaged 5.0+ yards per carry in all eight SEC games in 2017 – finished strong with four 100-yard games in his final five contests. [30]

WEAKNESSES: Tunnel vision and late to feel openings…runs up the back of his blockers…gets caught in the backfield making extra lateral movements…doesn’t run as big as he looks, bracing for contact before it happens…tends to run tilted, not square…runs erect, exposing his body to violent hits…below average awareness and technique in pass protection and not ready to take on NFL blitzers…struggled to stay on the field in college, missing 2016 due to academic suspension…injuries have been an issue, dating back to high school when he broke his right fibula in two place and tore ligaments (Oct. 2012) – played through nagging ankle and knee injuries over his career…will be a 24-year old rookie, but wasn’t overused in college.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Ole Miss, Wilkins stepped up as a senior after an underwhelming first three seasons in Oxford, becoming the first 1,000-yard rusher for the Rebels since 2009 (Dexter McCluster). He was a three-down player in 2017 and averaged 6.52 yards per rush. Wilkins is an athletic cut-and-go runner, but is more of a rhythm runner than explosive slasher. While he looks the part with NFL athleticism, his spotty vision stands out and he doesn’t consistently use his power to physically finish through contact. Overall, Wilkins compares to a poor man’s Ryan Mathews with his body type, cutting ability.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If I had known about the failed drug test, I wouldn't have taken him in the 3rd, but I would have taken him in the 4th.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had known about the failed drug test, I wouldn't have taken him in the 3rd, but I would have taken him in the 4th.
Very hard to say for me. I think the saying million dollar talent five cent head doesn't apply to him. That's giving him too much credit. We all know day 3 is where you take risks but I'd be shocked if this guy ever pulls his head out and puts an effort into being an NFL player.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
JOEL IYIEGBUNIWE | W. Kentucky 6013|229 lbs.|rJR. Bowling Green, Ky. (South Warren) 10/12/1995 (age 22.5) #4

BACKGROUND: A two-star linebacker recruit out of high school, Joel (Jo-EL) “Iggy” Iyiegbuniwe (Ee-Yay-Boo-Nee-Way) was a basketball-first athlete most of his life, using football to stay in shape in the off-season. His football career started to blossom as a sophomore at South Warren and played both ways as a running back and linebacker/safety. Iyiegbuniwe played in only four games as a senior in 2013 due to injury, finishing with 23 tackles on defense and five touchdowns on offense. He received minimal interest as a recruit, signing with Western Kentucky, his only FBS-level scholarship offer. Iyiegbuniwe played in three games as a freshman before an injury sidelined him for the rest of the season, taking a redshirt year. He returned in 2015 and recorded 19 tackles as a back-up and special teamer. Iyiegbuniwe earned a starting linebacker role as a sophomore and recorded 64 tackles, 10.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks and three passes defended, earning Second Team All-CUSA honors. He had a career-year as a junior with a team-best 116 tackles and 11.5 tackles for loss, adding 2.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and one pass break-up to earn First Team All-CUSA honors. Iyiegbuniwe decided to skip his senior season and enter the l2018 NFL Draft.

YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT

2014: (3/0) 1 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 (Medical Redshirt)

2015: (14/0) 19 1.0 1.0 0 0 0

2016: (14/14) 64 10.0 3.5 1 3 0 (WLB)

2017: (13/13) 116 11.5 2.0 2 1 0 (ILB)

Total: (44/27) 200 22.5 6.5 3 4 0

COMBINE 6013 229 32 5/8 10 1/4 77 5/8 4.60 2.70 1.60 35 09’09” 4.28 7.06 19

PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only)

STRENGTHS: Athletic, muscle-bound frame with adequate length…rangy and flows well with the action…balanced and doesn’t labor in his movements…pursuit speed to get on top of ballcarriers before they can make a moves…diagnoses quickly on outside runs to routinely be in the vicinity…comfortable in reverse, opening his hips to run…not shy getting physical downhill, using his shoulder and body to ram into blockers…swims through a sea of bodies to make plays on both sides of the [190]

formation…named a 2017 team captain…currently taking a biology lab to finish his undergraduate degree and plans to attend medical school after football…playing experience at both inside and outside linebacker…had a career-year as a junior in 2017.

WEAKNESSES: Spotty backfield vision and a tick late reacting to inside runs…underdeveloped peripherals and blockers routinely surprised him from the side…too easily blocked and struggles to stay free…late to reset his eyes once his path to the ball is disrupted…below average footwork on the move and looks like he is on ice skates moving laterally, overpursuing and struggling to recover…flat-footed tackler and needs to better launch into ballcarriers instead of catching, especially in the hole…medical reports will be crucial after his 2013 and 2014 seasons were lost to injury – senior year in high school was cut short after he was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis (Sept. 2013), an infection in his pelvic bone that affected his bloodstream; missed most of his freshman season after suffering a torn patella tendon in his right knee (Sept. 2014), requiring surgery.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Western Kentucky, Iyiegbuniwe played outside linebacker in 2016 before moving inside in 2017 as the Hilltoppers transitioned to a 4-2-5 scheme. He was one of five players in Conference-USA with 110+ tackles in 2017, hitting double-digit tackles for loss for the second-straight season. Iyiegbuniwe plays with speed and pop and is routinely in the vicinity of the play. While athletic, his scatter-shot vision and disorganized break down skills dent his finishing skills, also lacking ideal experience as a coverage defender. Overall, Iyiegbuniwe is a see-ball, get-ball athlete who is at his best in space where he can flow-and-hunt, projecting as a NFL back-up at outside linebacker who can be more if he cuts down on the mistakes.

GRADE: 5th-6th Round