With the 231st pick in the draft the Rams select Travin Howard LB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The key to remember here IMO is that full game cutups are more truthful than highlight reels. Fans get used to highlight reels, and if they don't watch a lot of cutups of full games or full games they aren't used to seeing all the mediocre decisions and plays most players make. I could put up tape right here of some guys who went quite high, like Landry, and you'd be like "WTF!?" because there's a lot of snaps where the dude is cruising.

IMO the real talent in evaluating players is being able to account for the players around them, coaching/scheme, opponent, etc and still use that snap to snap stuff in conjunction with the background stuff to paint a full picture. We got him at the 231st pick for a reason, basically.
See, I thought these were highlights. I see now that this is a full game cut up. Maybe that's what I'm missing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because he's so tiny.

Of course, it's hard to tell, but I just saw a youtube clip that even makes me wonder if he gained weight this off season to get up to 213 pounds for the NFL scouts.
He's the same exact size as Mark Barron, Deone Buchanon and a few other guys that play the safety/linebacker hybrid.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He's the same exact size as Mark Barron, Deone Buchanon and a few other guys that play the safety/linebacker hybrid.

Actually, he's two inches shorter and while they may have been close in weight coming out of college, I'd hope that both Barron and Bucannon would have added weight since then.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I too like this kid. I agree with Memphis unless he gains substantial amount of weight he is really built as a SS or hybrid type.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Our run D wasnt good last year and imo it was mostly LB play. Now imagine 2 220lb inside linebackers shedding blocks from 300lb+ lineman on 3rd and 2 with Aaron Donald resting on the sideline. My $ will be on the offense

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our run D wasnt good last year and imo it was mostly LB play. Now imagine 2 220lb inside linebackers shedding blocks from 300lb+ lineman on 3rd and 2 with Aaron Donald resting on the sideline. My $ will be on the offense
Ok, not sure what that has to do with what I quoted :)