Watts replacement on Roster Named ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just saw an interview on my "Rams Desk-Top App" The Rams have brought DE Matt Longacre up from the PS to the 53 man Roster!! He got the word at practice today!!
YES!!!! great news!! I want to see what he can do!! He said "he'd probably be nervious until after the 1st Snap of his 1st game!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just saw an interview on my "Rams Desk-Top App" The Rams have brought DE Matt Longacre up from the PS to the 53 man Roster!! He got the word at practice today!!
YES!!!! great news!! I want to see what he can do!! He said "he'd probably be nervious until after the 1st Snap of his 1st game!!
Very cool. Really liked his work in the preseason. He played RDE, but looks like a LDE to me.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is good news and bad news, Longacre had a very good preseason and deserves his shot, but the reason he was brought up this week is because the Rams are thin at DE right now with CL out and RQ and and WH listed as questionable. Heres to the next man up gettin the job done well.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm not going to lie, Trey didn't even register in my mind. I immediately went to JJ and was like :eek: 'Replacement? He's only 26!"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's gotta be an amazing feeling man. Congrats to him and hope he plays well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher's is much more comfortable with a half dozen DE's than anything else....by far his favorite NFL position. I thought it would be a DE but had posted it could be Gerald Rivers because of his NFL experience. I also has my preference OT Isaiah Battle but our four first yr reserves must be doing very well & all healthy.

Bringing up the raw'er rookie over the more experienced Rivers might be a sign of Snead/Fisher looking into the future now. Having 3 limping hurting DE's now for about a month may be more than Fisher can stand. The 4th DE Eugene Sims missed basically four games with a knee injury & is just now getting back to full health. Chris Long has only been able to finish 3 games this seasons after missing close to 11 games last season. Chris Long has already announced as 100% out for this wks game too.The last time Rob Quinn was not on the Rams injury list was way back in wk 4.....is battling a bad knee. William Hayes was injured in wk 7 dealing with a thigh issue. Thus leaving the 5th DE Ethan Westbrook as the last man standing without a injury issue.

UDFA (small school lad) DE Matt Longacre like Ethan Westbrook last season will get a big opportunity here @ mid season to show if he can play in the NFL. With Long out & both Quinn & Hayes missing all of this weeks practice.....sure looks promising for Longacre.

Rams will need to make some real important decisions before UFA'cy March 2016 at DE. With both Hayes & Sims being FA's plus the fact that the Rams have paid out very big $$$ nearly 26 million paid out to Chris long for the 2014/2015 seasons & got very little in return. The 32 yr old Long is due over 14 million next season..no way Fisher can afford to pay that & then loose Hayes & Sims to another team.

If that decision was up to me I would plan on releasing Long signing Hayes to a 2 yr deal, resign ERFA Longacre to go with Westbrook & Quinn & go into the 2016 draft with plans to get a rookie DE.