UPDATE: DaveFan'51 (SEE POST 102 AND 111 - PAGE 6)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is with heavy heart to inform our members that DaveFan'51 has passed away.

His wife gave me permission to share that Dave passed away in his sleep on May-27. The official cause of death was cardiac arrest, complicated by his battle with COPD.

As you know, Dave was among our everyday members with over 18,000 posts the last 4 years. We shared many of laughs, good times and bad, with Dave.

A die hard Rams fan with a love for the team matched only by his family and beloved granddaughter.

If you'd like to leave well wishes, I will be sure to direct his wife's attention to this thread.

I share your sadness.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Dave will be missed by all of us, I'm sure. We were lucky to get to know him, and share in his passion for the Rams. I offer my deepest condolences to his family.

Rainram

Starter
My condolences. This place is very much like an extended family, and Dave was a big part of it. He will he missed.

Rest In Peace my friend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heartbroken.

Dave was a great guy who I always liked talking with. Whether we agreed or not it was a respectful discussion with a smart man. My condolences to his family with their loss.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
charlie-brown-sigh.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I had this terrible feeling that was the case. I know Dave has spoken about his sickness recently and was not doing well. COPD is an unrelenting, careless bitch. So sad about Dave as he was one of the happiest, most positive, die hard Rams fan there ever was. This board has had a different feeling since he stopped posting.

To his wife, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is harder for you then it is all of us combined. Just remember he is always with you.

Cheers Dave! I'l drink a cold one for you tonight brother. RIP.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Extremely sad news. I always looked forward to Dave’s posts. He had an enthusiasm for our Rams that was really unmatched.

One word for Dave? Positive!!!!!!

Here’s to you up there Dave. You will be sorely missed down here. I’ll lift a beer to you when we meet up some day.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My condolences to Daves family and friends. He will surely be missed, by his family andhere at ROD. Positive is an understatement, Dave was one of the most enthusiastic Rams fans I have conversed with on the internet.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
RIP Dave, you will surely be missed by many. You were a great example for all Rams fans, THE eternal optimist. I mean, who else would have predicted a 52-0 beat down of the Raiders during the Fisher years, and actually see it come true that week. Incredible.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We lost a great man/fan of the Ramily. My heart goes out to his real family... especially his cute little granddaughter that he loved to talk about so much. He brought all of our spirits up, even in the lowest times for our team.

Thanks for sharing your love of the Rams with us Dave! We are all going to miss you and you'll never be forgotten here at ROD.

We'll be adding Dave to ROD's Ring Of Honor very soon!

I'm gonna raise my glass of rum to you tonight Brudda Dave. I know that rum is your favorite too.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right now I'm drinking a beer in Dave's honor and looking back at his posts'. there is not a more positive Rams poster on this board. Tho I never met the man, I felt I knew him and he was my friend. Tears are being shed.

God only gives the gift of Passing in your sleep, with your loved ones around you, to his very favorites.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Man. Talk about a positive force - always upbeat, always optimistic and the ultimate definition of a fan.

You'll be missed buddy - I'll be toasting you as well tonite.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Dave!!! Say it ain’t so!!!!

We will miss you brother!!! I’m sure the bold, italics and exclamation keys on your keyboard are worn out with all the love you have been pouring out to us fellow Ram fans for years!!!!

Now is the time when you are supposed to be doing the 100 day countdown to season kickoff, Dave!!!

I had to pull off the side of the road when I looked down and saw this thread title. I got a lump in my throat. What we all feared is true.

My prayers to Dave’s wife, and to his sweet granddaughter and his kids. We all loved Dave.

I can just see Dave saying:

Hey guys!!! Looking forward to the season so much!!! Wish I could share it with you, but me and my buddy Deacon will celebrate together!!!

Hope to see you all some day!!!

B99564E5-79F7-494C-AE6C-C694AADD06FF.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rest in peace, Dave. My utmost condolences go to his family.

He's going to seriously be missed here. He was a shining beacon of positive light on this forum, and I always enjoyed talking with him and reading his posts.

His knowledge of the Rams was second-to-none, and I always learned something new from his posts.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wow, that hurts.
Just by reading his posts you could tell he was a nice guy.
No way to fake that.
RIP Dave.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dam, I posted today to ask where he was. I really wanted to meet him.I went to The Simi Valley Cajun Fest. On Saturday night things weren’t in the best of spaces.A couple days leading up to it as well.
He did say if he & his wife were not doing anything he might go enjoy the music.I was thinking about meeting up this week with him.
Went to search his post today & was surprised he had not posted since then.Weird I was going to post to him about meeting up hours before he died.
Really shocking & sad!! My prays & thoughts go out to his family. Dave was always a Great at posting with so Much Joy & laughter. Brought a lot of smiles to my day.Will seriously miss him. I was already missing his post.
I’ll always remember him during Memorial Day Weekends.It was an honor of being a Rams Fan with him !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
To add I found one of his last post of Rams Legend!! Around here Dave51 was a Legend himself!! It is a shock & still stings for his families loss. Just a real solid good guy!!
—Wishing his family the best moving forward.