Uh-oh RGME called out...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
He's not a franchise QB. He's been overrated since before the draft lol. He's not going to improve to an elite level. I'll actually be surprised and impressed if he does.

Thank god we kept Sam instead of him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ouch! All three articles sort of pound the same message.

This one... is... particularly ouchy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...751-f032898f2dbc_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

Robert Griffin III used to be his team’s most uplifting player, but he is becoming a weight, maybe even a burden. Where is that fresh kid with the unbeatable combination of modesty and limitlessness? In his place is a player who’s coming off as an unteachable know-it-all. The guy has played just 22 games, and into that time he has packed a few random stabs at semi-greatness, followed by a lot of unseemly power machinations, and drivel about being a leader, without yet mastering his craft.

A second-year quarterback with the owner on speed dial is calling all the shots for the Washington football club, and what they’ve got to show for it is a 2-5 mark, and a strong whiff of locker room discontent. This is a team with many problems, of which Griffin is only one — defense, special teams, coaching, chemistry, all of it is to blame. But there is no looking away from the fact Griffin’s poor play has been critical, and more than that, he has created fundamental tension on an offense that is disjointed from catering to him and his operatic personal demands about how he wants to play.

“I don’t get the sense that they all agree on what he should be doing or shouldn’t be doing in that offense,” former NFL quarterback turned ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck said. “I don’t know how to else to say it. It doesn’t seem like they’re on the same page with that stuff.”

Griffin is to a certain extent the victim of inflated expectations, but that’s his own fault: He’s never tempered them, or seemed to understand how much he had left to learn after his extraordinary rookie year. He insisted in the offseason he wanted the club to alter its use of him and make him a pocket passer. But Hasselbeck observed that when you examine his numbers from last season more closely, minus the flare of charisma, what you saw were some very ordinary figures when it came to that skill: “Robert had played one season, and in half of his starts he threw for under 210 yards.”

The fact is, Griffin remains a highly unfinished player. His progress as decision-maker did not keep pace with his body. It was great feat when he recovered from offseason knee surgery in record time, and some of his struggles this season can be blamed on that setback, which affected his accuracy and deprived him of valuable offseason work. But some of what’s plaguing him now is not physical, but a basic lack of development. That was apparent after a loss to the Cowboys on Oct. 16.

“I’m just really focusing on being the playmaker that I know I can be and not letting anybody else tell me how to play this game,” he said.

A second-year guy doesn’t want anyone telling him how to play this game? It’s the statement of someone who has perhaps not been as open to learning as he should have been. According to Hasselbeck, one problem with this Redskins offense is that Griffin doesn’t seem to have graduated to the next level of decision-making. He is not scanning the field and responding to what defenses show him.

“They don’t have him at the line of scrimmage adjusting protections,” Hasselback observed.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He's not a franchise QB. He's been overrated since before the draft lol. He's not going to improve to an elite level. I'll actually be surprised and impressed if he does.

Thank god we kept Sam instead of him.

I wouldn't have traded Sam for RG Me straight up. And we get all those pics too, its like Christmas every draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(don't kill me) I can kinda see his point. He knows what he's capable of doing at QB and he might be getting pigeon holed into something he's not. THAT SAID, the people responsible for his development know more than he ever will as it relates to NFL Quarterbacking. And his attitude isn't going to get him very far in this league if he continues to be obstinate about taking that knowledge.

Wonder what that NFL.com writer who said in pre season that not drafting Bobby was our worst draft pick of all time is thinking?

At the moment I'd probably take Stacy over him straight up.

A55VA6

Legend
Wonder what that NFL.com writer who said in pre season that not drafting Bobby was our worst draft pick of all time is thinking?

At the moment I'd probably take Stacy over him straight up.
Oh I would. Zac Stacy is a boss.

had

Rookie
I don't get the RGIII hate. Kid had a freaking amazing rookie campaign, and then got his knee absolutely blown out, and is struggling to come back. Why the hate? Cause some people say the Rams should have taken him? Seems myopic.

I don't get the RGIII hate. Kid had a freaking amazing rookie campaign, and then got his knee absolutely blown out, and is struggling to come back. Why the hate? Cause some people say the Rams should have taken him? Seems myopic.

I'll always love him for what he's done for the Rams, if we put it all together he'll be a legend in my eyes.

I think there's an element of rooting against a guy/team for 23 games eventually leads you to disliking that player/team.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I've never liked Bobby Griffin. He had an awesome rookie campaign because teams were caught off gaurd and had no idea what they were up against.

Same goes to Colon Krapondick. Once teams figured out the read option, they became average QBs.

One good year doesn't make a career.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ouch! All three articles sort of pound the same message.
You sound surprised ,I'm not , the media are a pack of group think dicks.
I'm not a fan of RG, but I'm less a fan of the pack mentality press, OK RG has slid backwards a little and his development as a QB isn't all it could be, but IMO some of that has to do with them riding his as a runner a lot last year, and BTW are these the same people who were hounding Shanahan forgetting the kid hurt last year?

I'm glad we made the trade ,I didn't buy the hype last year ,realized we had done the right thing ,but I'm not buying the knockdown the hype set him up for.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

No one hates him, I genuinely think he's a good person and a good player.

BUT it's hard to not feel annoyed and sometimes even (wait for it...) angry the way he's been hyped since before he had been drafted. Just compare his hype to the guy who went before him and looks to be the better *QB" Andrew Luck.

And why??? Because he has a fun name to say and is a running QB. When has a rookie QB been this overhyped? Not Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, not Cam Newton, not Matthew Stafford, Andy Dalton....no one.

But at least Robert was humble during all that hype. Now it seems to have gotten to his head coupled w/ a bad season. Each little incident (just ignoring Donovan McNabb, saying he's not gonna let somebody else how to play, operation patience, that press conference to "clear things up") all adds up and tarnishes his image as someone who is ignorant, me first, and attention seeking. It's unfortunate b/c the talent is there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, operation patience.

I still can't believe he made a special shirt with that on it. He must go both ways, that's all I can say.