Troy Hill Suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has he been done before?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not if his suspension is only 2 games...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And say goodbye to mr Hill as he's surpassed on the roster.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Nov. 23, 2016
Rams release CB Troy Hill following DUI

DEC 13, 2016: Hill, meanwhile, is getting a second chance. The 25 year old was arrested on suspicion of DUI on Nov. 19, a circumstance that prompted the Rams to de-activate him from the upcoming game against the Miami Dolphins and then release him.

After Hill cleared waivers, the Rams stashed him on their practice squad, with Fisher believing he deserved "a second chance." Leading up to that arrest, Hill was making steady improvements in coverage and was coming off his best game.

Now he may start for the Rams, with No. 2 cornerback E.J. Gaines still nursing a quad strain and seemingly likely to miss his third straight game. The Rams had been using Mike Jordan in Gaines' place on the outside, but Hill is the better corner if he can pick up where he left off.

Can he? "Yeah, I'm coming with a lot more energy," Hill said. "I'm trying to come out very vicious. I've got a chip on my shoulder. I want to show everybody that that's not me.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...ace-te-cory-harkey-on-ir-promote-cb-troy-hill

Now this TODAY? He was given another chance to prove himself. I wish him well and hopefully he can turn his life around with another team.

Not Likely happening on McVay's watch

5611235.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hill-suspended-for-first-two-games-of-season/

It’s unclear when or if Rams cornerback Troy Hill resolved the DUI charge lodged against him last November. Regardless, the NFL has suspended him two games.

The suspension comes under the substance-abuse policy, which was beefed up in 2014 to change the standard punishment for first-offense DUI from a fine in the amount of two game checks to a two-game suspension.

He remains eligible to participate in offseason and preseason activities; after the conclusion of the preseason.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I think this suspension is from last years DWI. Nothing new.

You could very well be correct.......

__12inthe
715487900018_07817894sm.jpg

Either way, it still seems unlikely HIll makes the final 53 since he won't be available until the 3rd game of the season. I'm sure this crossed your mind and the odds of him making the team is very low unless the corner depth is just awful in camp/preseason.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude so much as sneezes in the CB meetings he's gone.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You could very well be correct.......

__12inthe
715487900018_07817894sm.jpg

Either way, it still seems unlikely HIll makes the final 53 since he won't be available until the 3rd game of the season. I'm sure this crossed your mind and the odds of him making the team is very low unless the corner depth is just awful in camp/preseason.

Being suspended - he won't count against the initial 53 - so you are right. Week 3 - either he takes someone's spot or he, himself is waived. It could go either way - will depend on how he (and his competition) play in camp and in the preseason and then how weeks 1 and 2 go for his main roster competition.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Being suspended - he won't count against the initial 53 - so you are right. Week 3 - either he takes someone's spot or he, himself is waived. It could go either way - will depend on how he (and his competition) play in camp and in the preseason and then how weeks 1 and 2 go for his main roster competition.

I think he's gone regardless. Only hope for him is if he plays lights out and they don't like the bottom of the depth chart. Reason I say that is because they gotta trust him to use that roster spot on him, which will be difficult if they like just about anyone else.

95% chance of being cut IMO.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think he's gone regardless. Only hope for him is if he plays lights out and they don't like the bottom of the depth chart. Reason I say that is because they gotta trust him to use that roster spot on him, which will be difficult if they like just about anyone else.

I tend to agree with this, and there will be another round of available free agents & waivered players as teams trim down to 63 (53R & 10PS). Hopefully 1 or 2 can help with depth somewhere. jmo.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

He was going to be on the bubble anyway with the team bringing in 2 new corners - was going to be tough to begin with. Myself, I don't think this suspension makes the difference - I think they will keep the best crew of corners they can find.

Trust is a big thing and clearly character matters to this team - but they could always cut him now and make room for someone they want to actually evaluate if it was all over but the crying.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hope so. He showed good potential.

I would concur before his DWI, but once he came back, he was not very good. Now he has a clean slate as this was from last year, but if he does not showcase better play besides better judgment then it time to go in another direction.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
shouldnt hurt his chances of making the roster. in fact, if anything it may help his chances because of a possible injury while serving suspension, but who knows. let the best men win