The Official Rams Vs. Bucs Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/14/austin-davis-leads-rams-to-19-17-win-over-bucs/

Austin Davis leads Rams to 19-17 win over Bucs
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 14, 2014

9355184b95914ca01a7e4f08a655058d.jpeg
AP

Austin Davis made his first NFL start a special one.

The Rams’ third-string quarterback, playing because of injuries to Sam Bradford and Shaun Hill, played a sharp game in the Rams’ 19-17 win over the Buccaneers Sunday.

Davis was an efficient 22-of-29 for 235 yards, and drove them to within range for Greg Zuerlein’s 38-yard game-winning field goal.

Davis spread the ball among eight receivers, and while it wasn’t a dynamic stat line, it was efficient enough for a defense that can play with anyone in the league.

The game became one of attrition, with both sides losing key pieces to injury.

Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (broken hand) and linebacker Mason Foster(shoulder) were forced from the game, while the Rams lost wide receiver Tavon Austin(knee).

The Bucs were still able to run, even with Doug Martin out of the game with a knee injury. Replacement Bobby Rainey had 22 carries for 144 yards. But it wasn’t enough to overcome an anemic passing game, with Josh McCown throwing for just 179 yards with an interception.

The game ended with a pass which could have gotten the Bucs into position for a field goal attempt, but Mike Evans was injured on the play with eight seconds left. With no timeouts and the required 10-second run-off, the Bucs lost that chance.

drpugilist

i cant believe some arent giving more credit to this team after the way the played today. of course there are some issues that can be criticized, as there are after every game. but today we went on the road in the nfl and won a close football game that included a game winning drive with time expiring by a 3rd string qb!! imo, they looked like a completely different team obviously from last week but even most of the yr last season. it seemed to me that the balance btwn run/pass was exceptional. we've got good, big receivers and te's and we finally started getting the ball to them, which of course opens up for the run game, or vice versa. im going to enjoy the win this evening and look at things we could have done better tomorrow. go rams!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I called it out too right when he did it. "Nice try bitch that's game!" Hahaha everyone looked at me like wtf.

What a dumbass. Thought he was saving the day.
Same here. I was celebrating as soon as he started looking for his balls on the field.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
The O-Line deserves some credit. When it counted near the end of the game, Davis wasn't pressured. The stepped up when they had too....

(I'd insert "Celebrate" by KC and the Sunshine Band but I hate that song!)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
From the Rams Twitter https://twitter.com/STLouisRams/with_replies

Joseph Barksdale @BazookaJoe72 · 2h
There's nothing like winning. #hardworkpaysoff

James LaurinaitisVerified account ‏@JLaurinaitis55
Nothing like winning!!! So many gutsy performances! Never been prouder of my teammates! Wasn't pretty but I don't care! W!!!!!

Daren Bates @DB_5trey · 43m
Great team win. Nothing like the atmosphere in the locker room afta a W

Rodney McLeod @Rodney_McLeod4 · 31m
Feels good to get the first win of the season many more to come ... #ramup #ramsnation #23 #stl

Kevin Demoff @kdemoff · 17m
One of the best TEAM wins I have ever been a part of. Very proud of resilience of our players, coaches and staff. Thrilled for our fans

St. Louis Rams @STLouisRams · 5m
On our way back to #STL with a W.

209RamsFan

So Stoked gonna go getting freaking charged and buzzed on Mtn. Dew!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Any time you win on the road with a 3rd string QB, you gotta be happy, even if it's not pretty.

Next week we go into the game with 3 QB's with at least one NFL start under their belt.