Talk Of Cancelling The Pro-bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

One rule change the players aren't a fan of? The whole drafting thing. It's not specifically the draft they don't like, it's the possibility of having to hit their own teammates. For instance,Colts linebacker Robert Mathis might have to lay a hit on Colts quarterback Andrew Luckbecause the two players are on opposite teams.

Seeing how I haven't watched this farce in eons I am obviously late to this party but the quote above makes perfect sense, how in the world could Goodell allow a team mate to hit his own QB/RB/WR/TE OL? Is he really that short sighted that he couldn't think that issue out ahead of time?

Could you imagine if Mathias concussed Luck? :cray:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It was a football game for a football starved humanoid, I'm fine with the new format or old format, if I want to watch I do if i"m too busy I don't ,I like the option so play it ,but if they don't play it the option is gone,it's not like I have to go to practice ,change my week or anything.

Ram_of_Old

It was better than watching O and D linemen standing around like in years past, but it was not like a playoff game or something. It will do.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It was a football game for a football starved humanoid, I'm fine with the new format or old format, if I want to watch I do if i"m too busy I don't ,I like the option so play it ,but if they don't play it the option is gone,it's not like I have to go to practice ,change my week or anything.
Exactly...for the past couple days I've seen people saying they need to cancel it.

I don't understand that. If you don't want to watch it, don't. I had to work last night or I probably would have watched it. It's one of those things where I'll watch it if I am around, if not it isn't a big deal. The NFL supposedly makes a ton of money from it and it gets a lot of ratings. Obviously there are still a lot of people watching if that is the case.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It was better than watching O and D linemen standing around like in years past, but it was not like a playoff game or something. It will do.
Agreed ,it will do says it well , IMO if you don't expect a scintillating smash mouth blood bath,it will do.

jap

Legend
Here's another vote for the old skills challenge: AFC vs NFC. Let it be football-related skills such as 40-yard dashes in pads. In other words, let it be what the damn NFL Combine should be---events highlighting football skills and diversity.

PhxRam

I would rather see them play different positions.

OL playing WR, Qbs playing C, etc..

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...oger-goodell-came-close-to-canceling-pro-bowl

In case you didn't notice, the NFL has added a few new wrinkles to the Pro Bowl this year. There's new uniforms, there's no kickoffs and instead of the AFC against the NFC, Sunday night's game will feature two teams that were selected in a scintillating Pro Bowl Draft that was held on Jan. 22.

However, those new wrinkles almost didn't happen because there almost wasn't a game, according to NFLPA president Domonique Foxworth. Foxworth said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell almost canceled the Pro Bowl.

"Roger was very serious about potentially canceling the Pro Bowl because apparently it's very expensive and isn't of a ton of value to them," Foxworth said this week, via USA Today. "To be honest with you, I was completely comfortable with eliminating it until I talked to the players, and they said they loved it and they want to be there."

Goodell talked about the possibility of eliminating the Pro Bowl two years ago after a 2012 game that seemed to have everything except for effort, "We're either going to have to improve the quality of what we're doing in the Pro Bowl or consider other changes or even considering eliminating the game if that's the kind of quality game we're going to provide," Goodell said in February 2012.

Instead of eliminating the game, the NFL decided to make drastic changes. Instead of kickoffs, teams will start at the 25-yard line and there will be a two-minute warning at the end of each quarter to give quarterbacks an opportunity to direct more two-minute drills.

One rule change the players aren't a fan of? The whole drafting thing. It's not specifically the draft they don't like, it's the possibility of having to hit their own teammates. For instance,Colts linebacker Robert Mathis might have to lay a hit on Colts quarterback Andrew Luckbecause the two players are on opposite teams.

"That's the only legitimate concern, and I completely understand it," Foxworth said. "I was faced with the possibility of canceling the game or trying to make it interesting. If some of these conflicts that we create make it so we can't go forward, then we'll throw the game out."

Basically, if the fans and players don't like the 2014 version of the Pro Bowl, there might not be a 2015 version. The Pro Bowl will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday on NBC.

I'm fine with NFL canceling the pro-bowl to be honest.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They should pit the best rookies vs the all pro vets. THAT would incite some competitiveness.

jjab360

Legend
They should pit the best rookies vs the all pro vets. THAT would incite some competitiveness.
If the vets even showed an inkling of interest, they would demolish the rookies every time. Especially considering this year's QB would have probably been Mike Glennon or Geno Smith.