Strategy For a Pass Happy NFL with 11 years of Raw QB Draft Data

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
19 Quarterbacks drafted between picks 5 and 32 in the first round between 2004-2015.

6 out the 19 or 31.5% of 1st round Quarterbacks draft between 5 and 32 are solid starters. These six QB's include Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater.

Of these QB's,
Joe Flacco (drafted 2008), Roethlisberger (2004), and Aaron Rodgers (2005) have led their team to multiple playoff appearances and Superbowls. (It's been 8 years since a QB of this caliber has been drafted after the 4th pick in round one.

That's a long time to not find a QB like these three after the 4th overall pick in the draft. Maybe

can make a run soon. The Raiders seem to be putting the pieces around him. Makes you think that teams without a franchise QB should go after top rated QBs in the draft. Now that not a guarantee so teams have to do their homework before they commit draft picks to move up in the top 4.

*****Another great workup Ramsey.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great read & work @Ramsey ....
Maybe people will realize Lynch or any other QB falling to 15 says alot about them.
I still think you can find a good QB in a very loaded draft in the 2nd round....possibly 3rd. It all depends whats around. I can guarantee that a DL will be available in the 3rd & 4th that can play this year. The depth....
There are 8 pretty good QB's this year. Someone said QB coach is huge, I'd agree. Falling to 15 shouldn't hurt Lynch...How he interviews should. What's his mental make-up? How about Cook? Cardale Jones? Christian Hackenberg? Jacoby Brissett? Kevin Hogan????

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Excellent thread @Ramsey ! A lot of information there and really well laid out case for how not only has scouting the QBs gotten better but where you'd have to be in order to get a good one.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm not opposed to going up and getting either Goff or Wentz (preferably Wentz) but I wonder what it would cost. If we can't get one of the top two, I'd be more in the camp of going after receiving weapons - not that I'm not already in that camp.

The other question this thread brings up is.... Got a lot of time on your hands Ramsey? :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
:bow: Thanks for the great read....never underestimate our members or put down the outstanding quality of thoughts & incites, placed in writing here @ Rams On Demand!

What caught my eye was the fact that Fisher could have drafted the following QB's very easy:
Kirk Cousins
Russell Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Jimmy Garoppolo
Dereck Carr
Blake Bortles