Snead's Schedule Nickname: What Is a The Wade 4-3 Bowl (4 or 5) Mean?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Just wondering if anyone caught Snead calling the game against the Chargers the 4-3 Wade Bowl. He said they have 4 or 5 Wade Bowls.

Any idea what he is referring to?

Would Rams be switching to a 4-3 defense against certain teams?

I understand Wade 3-4 rushes 4 on most downs anyway.

It just sound strange to call games "4-3 Wade Bowls". What do you think?

Start at 1:20. Game against the Chargers

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Inside-the-2018-Rams-Schedule-Call/41112dd8-91ad-41ee-89de-22c625e562ef

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He's just replacing the word Super with Wade. We have multiple teams that Wade Phillips used to coach and now he's looking for "revenge".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah playing a bunch of Wade's former Teams:
San Diego
Denver
New Orleans
Eagles

Ram65

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's just replacing the word Super with Wade. We have multiple teams that Wade Phillips used to coach and now he's looking for "revenge".

Yeah playing a bunch of Wade's former Teams:
San Diego
Denver
New Orleans
Eagles

I think WP was a DC for the chargers. I think the 4-3 part was just Snead numbering the Wade Bowls. I think we had 3 or 4 Wade Bowls last year also.

OK found when he was DC for Chargers in the wiki link.

Still doesn't explain the 4-3 part..oh well just thought it was a strange comment. Thanks

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still doesn't explain the 4-3 part..oh well just thought it was a strange comment. Thanks
Snead can be a little awkward with the words when he tries to speak

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think the "Wade" term refers to his type of defense that he prefers to play against certain teams, more of a 4-3 than a 3-4, or a mixtue of both.

McVay, Phillips and their assistant coaches have all teams picked apart from video and put their heads together how best to defend opponent offenses.

Ram65

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the "Wade" term refers to his type of defense that he prefers to play against certain teams, more of a 4-3 than a 3-4, or a mixtue of both.

McVay, Phillips and their assistant coaches have all teams picked apart from video and put their heads together how best to defend opponent offenses.

Thanks that is what I was thinking. We can see what happens in the Chargers game. Could be teams that throw more with good Qb like Rivers.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If there are 4 out 5 Wade Bowls and the chargers are the second to last, that would make them the third or fourth Wade Bowl. Just my opinion.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I agree with those who think Les just garbled his numbers.

I don’t think “4-3” had anything to do with defensive alignment.

I think Snead meant to say something like, “Yeah, we’re gonna have 3 or 4 Wade Bowls, or maybe 4 or 5 of them.”

He was just looking for a “Bowl” nickname for every game, and since Wade has coached for so many teams, there would be multiple “Wade Bowls.”

I think he meant to say “3 or 4,” but due to a brain fart it accidentally came out “4-3.”

Think about the context of when he said it. Les is thinking about nicknames, not game strategy.