Should The Rams Trade for Ealy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Can't hurt to bring him but, I don't know how he fits in. Has he been a 3-4 LBer or is he like Westbrooks as a DE?

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Yes, availability is indeed one of the more important abilities, but I wouldn't call it directly the "mistake" that made the Pats cut him. You can't predict those sort of things. Easley, much like Ealy possibly, may not have been great scheme fit. Just look at Long. Maybe Ealy prefers an ears-pinned-back approach which Wade could utilize. Our depth on Dline isn't as strong as you may think.

We'll see, he was just reported here in New England as being cut. Bring in him like we did with other vets.

I never called Easly a mistake, you guys did. I wasn't even the one who initially brought him up. You guys equated him to Ealy in order to try to make the point that the last Patriots outcast we signed worked out "well" for us. Now his injuries aren't the reason why he was cut? What? Neither points are factual imo.

I believe our d-line depth is fine, as Bonifay pointed out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I could also see a Spruce for Ealy trade.

Spruce replaces Edelman and becomes a mini-star for them, and Ealy replaces Easley here. Neither will make their respective teams, otherwise. Why not take a flier??
I was thinking IF you have to trade with the Cheatriots, Give them Shakeil Ryan and/or RB Green! Both players would make the Pats think they got a really good deal!! ( and I don't think either is going to make our 53!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True but....
experienced pass rusher > fringe 53rd player

Every day all day.

Forrest might have made it because of his cover skills as well. Seems to make big plays , maybe not as consistent as I like to see though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a Mizzou fan, I don't see what Ealy could possibly bring to the table. Yeah, he's a decent pass-rusher, but he's terrible against the run and too inconsistent as a pass-rusher to justify playing him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
True, but that's besides the point. He was really effective when he was healthy for us. Great pick up. Hopefully he can recover and return strong.
You can't make the club from the tub.

Players that are continually injured are actually team disruptors.

Instead of spending your time coaching up a lesser player that could remain healthy and possibly be as good as the injured player, the time is spent teaching and coaching a player who is not going to even make it onto the field.

Bellicheat knows this.
Bellicheat does not let his individual players disrupt the team.

Remember that Easily was canned because he was not rehabbing like they wanted him to.
Another disruption.

I have a feeling that Ealy was not a team player and that's why he was cut.

JMO

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't make the club from the tub.

Players that are continually injured are actually team disruptors.

Instead of spending your time coaching up a lesser player that could remain healthy and possibly be as good as the injured player, the time is spent teaching and coaching a player who is not going to even make it onto the field.

Bellicheat knows this.
Bellicheat does not let his individual players disrupt the team.

Remember that Easily was can because he was not rehabbing like they wanted him to.
Another disruption.

I have a feeling that Ealy was not a team player and that's why he was cut.

JMO

I think I remember seeing a quote about that. He doesn't respond to coaching or something along those lines.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
doesnt it still go based off last season's records until the new regular season starts? could be wrong

Oh does it? I guess that would make sense. For some reason I figured FA signings somehow factored in.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Oh does it? I guess that would make sense. For some reason I figured FA signings somehow factored in.

honestly, idk. but i know in season it goes by record so I just assumed thats the way it works for offseason/preseason too but not quite sure