Should Marvin Lewis be fired for 5th consecutive playoff loss?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I thought this at the time too. We've seen our Rams get undisciplined at times, but nothing like what we witnessed last night.

I can't imagine being a Bengals fan right now. What a total fail.
The best quote I've heard so far, and it's accurate is ".. Burfict and Jones acted like a couple of 'thugs' out their!! .." Playing hard is one thing, their play was plain stupid!! ( to be polite)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It was only fitting that the bengals lost in that fashion after the way the fans acted. There is no reason to throw crap at any player or cheer the injury of a player, classless fans classless team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was only fitting that the bengals lost in that fashion after the way the fans acted. There is no reason to throw crap at any player or cheer the injury of a player, classless fans classless team.
I couldn't agree more!!!(y)(y)

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Yes, Marvin should be released imo. The need of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one. In this case the good players on that team got screwed, because of the a couple bad eggs and that always falls on the coach.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Burfict man, what a waste of oxygen. And then Pacman took to twitter to accuse Brown of taking a dive on the hit. Wow, couple of Mensa members in that locker room.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
This thread, this debate on this forum....:baghead:

Some of the quotes:
Change is sometimes needed
Bunch of thugs
He lost control of the team

Fans of this team with this coach taking shots at any other squad for a lack of discipline and execution...laughable.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd keep him and IMO all of you are goin a little overboard on the judgment of the guy.

He lost his starting QB before the playoffs and had to play that game with a backup at the most important position. His RB fumbled the ball and allowed for the chain of events that unfolded on that last Steelers drive. His backup QB and team in general played their butts off and almost won the game, should have won it.

If I am the owner I tell him to find another LB in this draft to replace Burfict. Dude is a thug. But no way do I reboot what has become a model franchise of stability after so many years of being like the Browns are now. Remember the Bengals in the 90s? If McCarron would have tanked and the Bengals been blown out everyone would be saying "well he didn't have his starting QB" and giving the guy a break. Fans are crazy, IMO.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
0-7 in the playoffs. 5 straight one and done playoff games. The most embarrassing and dirty playoff game I have ever seen.

Burfict, Jones and Lewis should of been let go as soon as the game clock hit zero.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
0-7 in the playoffs. 5 straight one and done playoff games. The most embarrassing and dirty playoff game I have ever seen.

Burfict, Jones and Lewis should of been let go as soon as the game clock hit zero.
I think that may be a realistic possibility. Could take Hue Jackson, off the market.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I love the hard hitting and playing to the echoe of the whistle. That's fine. But this Burfict guy clearly needed to be sent to the locker room by either the coach or refs. Lewis leaving him out there cost them the game. Lewis shouldn't be fired, IMO, but it's something to look for in future years. I think he has control of his team, but not Burfict.

If they happen to cut Butfict, I hope we sign him. Seahawks fans would crap themselves. :D

VinnyRam

UDFA
The Shazier hit on Bernard changed the entire game. After leading with the crown of his helmet, Shazier is then dancing on the sidelines while Bernard was still down was as classless as anything the Bengals did. How that was not a penalty is beyond me.. The Bengals rallied after that play and made a game of it. He may have caught the ball and turned but really never got established. As Marshall Faulk stated, Bernard barely took 2 steps and got the crown of the helmet and no penalty but yet Cincinnati gets penalty for shoulder hit on Wheaton after a good 3 steps. Another joke of officiating by the refs. As much talking and pushing going on the entire game, and yet they throw a flag on Jones---unbelievable. Offset the penalties and let the players decide the game. Would have been great to see if they could have made a 52 yarder to win.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hell no...

That Burfict hit wasn't as bad as it looked. Neither was the Shazier hit:boxing:, but he seemed to target Giovani:headexplosion:.....Hard to play the game now, Burfict was the best player on the Bengal's team....now, he's the bad guy and was out of control?!? Really?!?

Team loss, but I'd place most of the blame on Hill...Can't fumble there...And maybe Hill is in there, or is fatigued, because Shazier knocked out Benard with a "legal" hit...o_O

Marvin Lewis has to figure out how does he replace 2 QB whispers in 2 consecutive season:thinking:...