Re-drafting the 2014 Draft (bye Aaron Donald!) Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2014 NFL Draft re-do

• Gregg Robinson and Aaron Donald

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Jadaveon Clowney and Jake Matthews

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Jimmy Garoppolo and Jarvis Landry

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Odell Beckham and Pick 'em

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've seen these before, but it set my mind to thinking. We drafted OT Greg Robinson and DT Aaron Donald in 2014. Massive home run with AD and just as huge of a loss in reverse with Robinson. The re-drafters, of course, had Aaron Donald going #1 in their revised draft so he wasn't available to us. They had us taking Jadaveon Clowney (instead of Robinson) and had us taking LT Jake Matthews (instead of AD).

Let's say you had a cloudy crystal ball that told you a little of what each of the above players future would be as NFL players. Which tandem would you choose? I added a few more possible tandems, but using the rule
based on their implied power rankings. Our #2 Pick was almost unlimited, but our #13 pick was limited to players chosen from their revised #13 pick, downward
https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/13/r...s-aaron-donald-jimmy-garoppolo-vs-derek-carr/

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'd do it exactly the same. Aaron Donald and Donald Duck for all I care. It wouldn't matter as long as we got AD.

dang

Legend
AD and Robinson but wish we could have determined the limitations of Robinson sooner and traded for something a little more substantial. I actually wonder if Robinson could be a good backup pickup for the Rams at RG/RT to support the run game.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I did not see in the rules that I couldn't trade the rest of my picks to move up and get AD at number 1.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As to the article, why in the world would we take Clowney over Khalil Mack?
Great point. I would take Mack over Clowney in a heart beat.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I'm sorry, but this survey eliminates too many possibilities. And there in lies the problem, as the possibilities are way too many for doing this type of survey. You're either to narrow in the choices, or you have too many choices for a survey. But this is only my opinion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mack was my favorite, then despite how much I hated the guy, Lewan as the best OT left on the board.

Picking for need, I would have taken Matthew's at number 2. After that I probably would try to trade back.

I think Fisher and Snead picked Robinson. as a need pick. He had the best measurables of the OTs and they were set on taking one IMO. Too bad. Taking such a raw player with a top pick is something I would never consider.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
In 2014, I lobbied for Mike Evans and Aaron Donald. I was so horrified the Rams picked Robinson, that I virtually ceased writing scouting threads.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Of course Jimmy Garoppolo is the 1st QB taken :rolleyes:

People forget what kind of limitations he had/has coming out of the draft. Blake Bortles, with as much scrutiny he takes, has been above average in his career. The Jaguars were terrible for the first few years he was there. What makes anyone think Garoppolo would have been any different? Now the Jags have some talent and they were a few plays away from reaching the Super Bowl. And Blake played an outstanding game under the lights.

I cannot wait for people to see how average Garoppolo really is. We’re going to destroy his bitch ass.

But yeah, Aaron Donald would probably go #1 and I would take Khalil Mack instead.