DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The cap situation will apparently improve a lot next year, but as of now it's the big reason we can't sign a couple more impact players. This also lends itself to one year deals this year such as Jackson.
Woulda been the perfect year to have CAP room for an all in run

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
DeSean Jackson is the latest reason I believe Cam Akers is going to have a big, big year.

dang

Legend
DJax gives us 2 things. The occasional home run and the threat of the home run.

If he can play in 12 games, average 2 catches/40 yards a game and score 4 tds he will be well worth the $1.5m the Rams likely paid him. Plus who wouldn’t want to see a couple 60 yard bombs to spark the offense.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is pretty simple.

WE ARE BROKE

WE NEED A DEEP THREAT

DJ IS OLD, BEAT UP, THUS, CHEAP

DJ AND McVay ARE VERY FAMILIAR

DJ CAN STILL RUN

WE ARE DRAFTING A BURNER FOR FUTURE USE AND DEVELOPMENT

NECESSITY MEETS OPPORTUNITY

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
is there any good reason we're not hearing the #'s on this deal?

can either side back out?

go rams

slo

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
We're not hearing the numbers on anything. Nothing on restructures or even WHO was restructured.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
See this is where it gets funny around here. Literally nobody knows the details about the contract which means you can't call it a low risk because you don't know the financials at stake. And pretty much everybody has said they're waiting for the numbers to pass their judgement.

Also with his injury history it's very hard to assume he'll fill any role on the team but people hope for the first time in forever he will stay healthy. And it's not just games missed it's actual snaps taken. He'll be active for gamedays but run one route complain he's hurt and miss large chunks of the game so it's not just games played but it's snaps taken.

DJax was a very good deep threat at WR nobody can deny that. But it's hard to say he's been that for several years with his injury history and lack of playing time when he was actually active.
You know how we know it is low risk,? Because its a one yr deal on a team that doesn't have much cap room. Thus it can't be for much more than a vet min with incentives.

So it has no real future impact unless he has a great yr and hits those incentives.

So again why is this an issue? Relax and trust your coach, a coach who coached this guy for 3 yrs.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
This signing would have been great 10 years. Now, I'll be surprised if he puts up the numbers reynolds had.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
is there any good reason we're not hearing the #'s on this deal?

can either side back out?

go rams

slo
Normally it's the agent that promotes the contract...because it's a big deal and free advertising. This one is not being promoted...just like we didn't hear much about deals for guys like Malcom Brown or now Josh Reynolds. Nothing to brag about by the agent. And again there is no money to give. So when you factor in the player he is replacing on the top 51, likely a $500K additional cap hit.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My sources tell me that in his contract Desean Jackson has agreed that for any home games he misses due to injury he will pay for the first round of beer for everyone in attendance.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This signing would have been great 10 years. Now, I'll be surprised if he puts up the numbers reynolds had.

Jefferson will replace and surpass Reynolds. Jackson's job is to open up the field and score tds whenever possible, something Reynolds didn't do very often.

Reynolds had 2 tds in 2020 and 1 td in 2019. 9 tds in in 4 years.

Everett had 1 td in 2020 and 2 in 2019. 8 tds in 4 years.

Good examples of the how the Rams' offense lacked playmaking and red zone capability. And, unfortunately, of players who didn't develop as hoped. (Oh wait.. it was Goff's fault.)

I think Jackson will surpass both those guys' totals for touchdowns last year, and sooner rather than later. Of course, that's not exactly a high benchmark to clear.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Jefferson will replace and surpass Reynolds. Jackson's job is to open up the field and score tds whenever possible, something Reynolds didn't do very often.

Good examples of the how the Rams' offense lacked playmaking and red zone capability. And, unfortunately, of players who didn't develop as hoped. (Oh wait.. it was Goff's fault.)

I think Jackson will surpass both those guys' totals for touchdowns last year, and sooner rather than later. Of course, that's not exactly a high benchmark to clear.
Good examples. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you'll be right on the more tds but I meant in terms of catches and yards.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
DeSean Jackson is the latest reason I believe Cam Akers is going to have a big, big year.
I agree bad. :cheers2:

I think the Rams have a top 3 offensive backfield now and that's a really big change from last offseason. Akers is an enormous threat this time around from game one on and Stafford just needs to be himself. There will be a few games where 9 gets that scene set for late game heroics but outside that just run the offense, read fast, and dish the ball.

Honestly I feel like we're gonna win it all this year man. I know some here will scoff but I really like the core of this team now. They gotta still fill some holes but assuming they do I have really high expectations this year.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien

How much of that was on Goff? However, I'm not really upset about the Rams cutting ties with both these players.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well, Gay wears the #1 and I think WR cant wear single digits anyways....
I'm thinking the #11 will be on his back

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner. DJax will take the now open #11 recently vacated by Reynolds leaving. Same # he had with the Redskins. :helmet:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Hoping Jefferson can take some of the load off of Woods and particularly Kupp. Reduce their snaps and hopefully reduce the chance for injuries. Injuries often occur when fatigued, so keep those guys fresh with a guy that is a duplicate of those two in Jefferson. If Jackson can stay on the field he too can help reduce that load.