Rams drop to No. 19 in ESPN NFL Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams drop to No. 19 in ESPN NFL Power Rankings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/21653/rams-drop-to-no-19-in-espn-nfl-power-rankings

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams were one of the biggest risers in last week's ESPN NFL Power Rankings, jumping eight spots from No. 22 to No. 14. That came after a big win against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 1 and was the second-largest jump in the league.

Well, after a disappointing 24-10 loss to the Washington Redskins this week, the Rams took a pretty big hit as they fell five spots from No. 14 to No. 19. While Power Rankings are not an exact science, it's here that you can see the Rams' up-and-down history come to life. The rollercoaster nature of an inconsistent team from week to week is easy to see in the big leap one week and sizable drop the following week.

Washington entered Sunday's game at No. 29 in the Power Rankings and jumped six spots to No. 23 this week after beating the Rams.

Now, the Rams find themselves with a string of three difficult games against teams ranked in the top four of this week's Power Rankings. It starts this week against No. 4 Pittsburgh, followed by trips to play No. 3 Arizona and No. 2 Green Bay.

Finding a win any of those games figures to be tough and it wouldn't surprise if the Rams continue to tumble over the next few weeks. But if they can somehow find a way to win two of those three contests, they'll likely soar on this list.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seahawks still at #7. Based on WHAT???

If the Rams had two close losses to the Seahawks and Packers, they sure as hell wouldn't be at #7.

Teams should have to EARN their place. Let them be in the 20s until they EARN it.

I'm saying it now, the Seahawks will probably win at home against Chicago, but until they do, they are a WINLESS team just like the rest of the winless team and the power rankings are giving the Seahawks credit for wins last season.

Sorry, it's 2015 and last season doesn't count. Rank the teams based on how they are actually performing, not on last year. Even if that doesn't mean the Seahawks end up at 26, it should mean below 15...

I'm sorry, far too often teams get too much credit for last season. Same with the Colts... They aren't just 0-2, but they are scoreless in the first half and teams have dominated them.

Sorry, but this is 2015 and the 2015 Power Rankings for after Week 2 should only incorporate 2 games...not 2014.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have them at 11, so we're still good.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Eh. It's just the Redskins. We still beat the Seahawks. :sneaky:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I realize the Seahawks are 0-2, but they are still a premium team, and they will claw back in the NFC West.

No surprise they remain top 10. I'd put them there still, myself.