Rams DE Aaron Donald has proven his point, now it's time to stop holding out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will be different, and don't get me wrong I love AD but I'm not convinced hes JJ Watt just yet who can do everything. Hes still under his rookie contract, tough youknowwhat. Thats what the CBA is for and what the players agreed to.

And you can absolutely let players go who ask for too much. Good teams do it every.....single......year. When you stop sucking at drafting and have a competent scouting department, this is how things play out and you cant pay everyone. You get what you can, rebuild and reload.

Everyone has a value, I dont care if you are gods gift to the hall of fame, if you ask for too much, byebye. As I said earlier, Lev Bell is about to find that out the hard way.
Lev Bell prolly will have to buy a ticket to get in Canton...

WvuIN02

Starter
Lev Bell prolly will have to buy a ticket to get in Canton...
If he leaves Pittsburgh and goes to some bad team, maybe. His numbers certainly track him to the Hall of Fame if he stays on the Steelers who have a strong OL and team around him. Last year his yards per game was 3rd all time in NFL history for a season. But all that said, Devonta Freeman just signed an 8 million dollar a year contract and will be 2nd highest paid rb next to Bell who will get tagged for like 12 mil. Even that far ahead of Freeman Bell wants something stupid like 16 million since he thinks he should be paid as a #2 wr salary also.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he leaves Pittsburgh and goes to some bad team, maybe. His numbers certainly track him to the Hall of Fame if he stays on the Steelers who have a strong OL and team around him. Last year his yards per game was 3rd all time in NFL history for a season. But all that said, Devonta Freeman just signed an 8 million dollar a year contract and will be 2nd highest paid rb next to Bell who will get tagged for like 12 mil. Even that far ahead of Freeman Bell wants something stupid like 16 million since he thinks he should be paid as a #2 wr salary also.
We are both playing "What if" here...His rushing stats from last year were good, but not otherworldly (1268 yards).../1884 combined (that's third in the NFL??? I know Marshall and LT were quite a bit over 2000 combined yards)...A lot can can happen that's not good, for Mr Bell, like hitting the wall at 30yrs.....But something could happen to Donald too, I guess...

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Stay healthy and off the field until week 1! Then pay the man lol he doesn't need to be out there, I'm sure him and wade have talked and he will figure it out and be great

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Stay healthy and off the field until week 1! Then pay the man lol he doesn't need to be out there, I'm sure him and wade have talked and he will figure it out and be great
I'm just not convinced, that a player, any player, even Donald, doesn't need practice reps, with his team, to have his timing down with his down the rest of his squad! I say Donald needs to report now! JMO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will be different, and don't get me wrong I love AD but I'm not convinced hes JJ Watt just yet who can do everything. Hes still under his rookie contract, tough youknowwhat. Thats what the CBA is for and what the players agreed to.

And you can absolutely let players go who ask for too much. Good teams do it every.....single......year. When you stop sucking at drafting and have a competent scouting department, this is how things play out and you cant pay everyone. You get what you can, rebuild and reload.

Everyone has a value, I dont care if you are gods gift to the hall of fame, if you ask for too much, byebye. As I said earlier, Lev Bell is about to find that out the hard way.

You can let GOOD players go. You don't let elite players go.

The change from the 4-3 to 3-4 shouldn't matter. Phillips already said Donald is playing the same role.