Pleasant news from 40whinerville

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was reported that Fisher left instructions for JJ to be signed before he went on vacation. So you tell me why was TJ tagged and not JJ?

That smells of a money thing which would point to Demoff. Which smells of a Shaw move.

Fisher is yapping. Lets see how much he yaps.

Ok, you should be able to use your Google-Fu to find those reports and provide links and relevant text then, no?

BTW, the one where Fisher said during one of his post-firing excuse fests that "I was told that re-signing Jenkins wouldn't be a problem" doesn't count.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
By all means York, keep your fingers in the pie. :football: Your money obviously makes you smarter than any coach or GM. good luck finding a decent GM or HC. Hope you liked your teams record this year. Keep up that attitude, you'll be seeing more wins like this year. I'm sure you'll have top notch HC cantidates lining up for interviews.:whistle::rolleyes:

FRO

Legend
Reported huh? Then it must be true.

Demoff is Shaw/Zygmunt 2.0, confirmed.

If we end up with a defensive coach, anyone for Kelly as OC? Runs a vertical passing attack & ZBS iirc.
It's not like if Demoff could say anything credible. He's one of the biggest liars out there. Bottom line is we will never truly know who screwed up.

Someone screwed up majorly when it came to not giving Janoris his money and giving contracts to Foles and Austin. Not sure who's to blame, but someone screwed up majorly.

FRO

Legend
Ok, you should be able to use your Google-Fu to find those reports and provide links and relevant text then, no?

BTW, the one where Fisher said during one of his post-firing excuse fests that "I was told that re-signing Jenkins wouldn't be a problem" doesn't count.
Why doesn't that count? Fisher said he wanted Janoris and McLeod back, someone said it was basically a done deal. Both got away. So that leads me to believe that it wasn't Fisher's call there. Add that to the praise Fisher heaped on Janoris before the Giants game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was reported that Fisher left instructions for JJ to be signed before he went on vacation. So you tell me why was TJ tagged and not JJ?

That smells of a money thing which would point to Demoff. Which smells of a Shaw move.

Fisher is yapping. Lets see how much he yaps.

If Fisher wanted JJ back, he should have tagged him. Fisher and Snead were the ones who made the call on who to tag.

My bet is that Fisher tagged Tru because he didn't think JJ would have the market he did. Fisher can leave all the instructions he wants telling people what to do, but once JJ hit the market, JJ got to choose where he played.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why doesn't that count? Fisher said he wanted Janoris and McLeod back, someone said it was basically a done deal. Both got away. So that leads me to believe that it wasn't Fisher's call there. Add that to the praise Fisher heaped on Janoris before the Giants game.

Fisher can say whatever he wants to say. Those guys are free agents. They get to choose where they play.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Fisher wanted JJ back, he should have tagged him. Fisher and Snead were the ones who made the call on who to tag.

My bet is that Fisher tagged Tru because he didn't think JJ would have the market he did. Fisher can leave all the instructions he wants telling people what to do, but once JJ hit the market, JJ got to choose where he played.

I thought the only reason they tagged Tru was because they felt they could sign him long term at a reasonable price before the season whereas they had no shot at Jenkins. That proved to be incorrect.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While I do think York is a douchenozzle, he at least has been bringing in GMs already for interviews. So hopefully he'll stick his head in on everything and F it up, but it does worry me that he might hire a good football mind who gets them back on track.

Oh and btw I heard on Sirius that Ballard turned them down for a GM interview... :rolllaugh:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...s-ballard-declines-interview-for-49ers-gm-job

Chiefs’ Chris Ballard declines interview for 49ers GM job, report says
by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Jan 2, 2017, 6:37pm CST TWEET

Well, well, well. I wondered if this would happen. We noted earlier today multiple reports of the 49ers requesting permission to interview Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard for their vacant GM job after they fired Trent Baalke and Chip Kelly this week.

I noted that a few of the reports said merely that permission had been requested while a couple of other reports said that Ballard would actually be interviewing this week.

I noted that for a reason and it’s because this 49ers GM interview isn’t happening.

With a great situation in KC & an excellent relationship wih GM John Dorsey, #Chiefspersonnel man Chris Ballard won't interview with #49ers

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 3, 2017
49ers owner Jed York had a pretty good run in with the media earlier today after they fired Chip Kelly. There are a number of stories out there and media folks wondering who would work with the 49ers when they have gone through three coach firings in two years.

Ballard seems to be at or near the top of the list according to most media lists of the top GM candidates. He can afford to wait for the right job.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Fisher can say whatever he wants to say. Those guys are free agents. They get to choose where they play.

That and player agents can really get into said players head. Besides if Rams fans don't think JJ wasn't about the qwan their just choosing to wear blinders. IMFFS how many times did JJ say he was shopping to the highest buyer!!!! Lets get real here folks

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
While I do think York is a douchenozzle, he at least has been bringing in GMs already for interviews. So hopefully he'll stick his head in on everything and F it up, but it does worry me that he might hire a good football mind who gets them back on track.

Oh and btw I heard on Sirius that Ballard turned them down for a GM interview... :rolllaugh:

Sweet as#!!!!!!!!! Great to hear

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
We're gonna agree to disagree. I'll agree that Demoff is good at contracts. BUT. He decides how much a player will receive in a contract and if that amount doesn't fit into his "Demoffs" evaulation of his "Kronke's budget of vaulation then said player doesn't get signed.

No way on Gods green earth does Demoff sign a player that wants more than Demoff thinks the player or position is worth.

Case and point see JJ. Fisher said sign JJ and he walked. Thats on Demoff. I agreed to let JJ walk. But the HC wanted to keep him but he walked and thats squarely on Demoff.

Demoff could have tagged JJ instead of TJ. Thats clearly on Demoff thats how and why I see Demoff as a Shaw.

I'm sorry, you know this how? I mean... I'm not doubting you, but are you in the "Know"? Part of the Organization or privvy to inside info?

Maybe I'm wrong...it's very possible! I do remember the Shaw years in LA though...and I just haven't seen anything yet to equate Demoff as a clone to that POS.

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So hopefully he'll stick his head in on everything and F it up,
My favorite part of the York article is him saying
“It’s got to be a partnership. It’s got to be a collaboration between me, the head coach and the general manager"
This assures us he will be part of all the big decisions and
that a smart GM,Coach will not want to be part of it.
It would make my year if Fisher ends up with the gig.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
About the only thing enjoyable about my nearly 8-hour drive back to the Bay Area from LA last night was picking up KNBR along the way and listening to all the whining, especially from the bandwagon fans.

I do believe the comic relief was instrumental in keeping me in my truck rather than jumping out to round up all the knuckleheads that were gumming up the 5! :whistle::sneaky: