PK Sam Ficken Signed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I still don't get the carrying 3 QBs thing. It would be worthwhile if the talent was there, but it's not. Without Goff we have zero chance to do a damn thing. Might as well just go with one QB.

As it stands I'd expect the cut to come from the secondary, but if it were me I'd give Mannion his walking papers.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Yeah I still don't get the carrying 3 QBs thing. It would be worthwhile if the talent was there, but it's not. Without Goff we have zero chance to do a damn thing. Might as well just go with one QB.

Agree. Hekker is our emergency QB anyway and frankly, if we have to go that deep into the depth chart, we're in trouble anyway. We're going to need a kicker in close games. The browns would be 2-0 if their kicker was any good.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I wonder if they take the training wheels off Ficken this time. His longest FG for the Rams was 35 yards when he was starting... As far as im concerned hes still an unknown. Hopefully we will just hammer teams anyway while GZ is out and not have it come down to a game winning FG.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agree. Hekker is our emergency QB anyway and frankly, if we have to go that deep into the depth chart, we're in trouble anyway. We're going to need a kicker in close games. The browns would be 2-0 if their kicker was any good.

Yeah, and they only activate 2 anyway...so if somebody went down you still have Perez on the PS for a back up the next week or Allen might even get to the PS if cut. Unless they think Mannion has trade value, but you can't deal him and have Allen as a back up on a SB caliber team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder if they take the training wheels off Ficken this time. His longest FG for the Rams was 35 yards when he was starting...

I think they will, Ficken looked much better in preseason seemed more confident and made every FG and extra point, although, not many were tried. Hopefully, he's over the yips he had early and he did not miss a FG in the playoffs, so there is that. I just hope he can kickoff deep and be able to kick from 55 yards and in, with the hope that Zuerlein comes back in 2-3 weeks.