My training camp experiences( The Big 5)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Started to post about me being a know it all. Remembering getting blasted by a core group of Old Schoolers. —Thinking of Dave53 right now. Always wanting to hook up at some point. Thinking of the fires & shooting last season. Whitworth is awesome & ONE OF THE GREATEST RAMS of ALL TIME.
—getting caught up in moments as a solo
Ram Fan.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m not in the know , especially this off-season.

I will ask though, really what are going to be the Big Surprises ??

The Offense Line is Where it is at. I mean every season it seems to be. McVays first season I wrote one of my one & only post back then.

The Big 5 !!!! Tell me this ??? How correct was I ??? That training camp I had a Great Experience. Got into The Chargers vs Rams at the Stadium(soccer) . Brought like 3 Heinekens in the parking lot Parked at LA Dominguez parking lot free..Walked around parking lot & found a few tailgaters & got a ETicket !!
So you All can say I might have an Ego for posting I’m Right. Last season I lost Over Half My Ram Coins to BubbaRam. Not sure it ever got Transfered, but I tried to pay my debit.(Williams making the 53)

Watching from as close as I could get with a couple Beers at the 50 . Almost eye level with Snead on the field if I were to sit down. Yelled for over an hour straight.
What I did see there was the bonding of The Big 5 .. It was SUPER COOL. The leadership Whitworth took along with John Sullivan was priceless to The Rams organization.

Just sharing a moment with how The Rams organization is today after that experience & what those 2 players meant to the LA RAMS Franchise.

Talib & Peters last season. Running after practice at TC with coach Pleasant & even once with Talibs son ?? Another excellent example of bonding & leadership.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Reflecting back to Oxnard & Saffold being hurt, but telling fans he would be alright.

The RB acting weird getting on the bus after practice.Then to think the next season he goes awol.

Britt always having his shirt off & was always thinking Tavon was going to be special.Was going to bust his chops at UCI when he looked back at crowd. He at only a banana the practice before & has to leave the field.Was still not 100% the next day either.

Rams under Fisher watching Goff & Mannion through between goal post. Case Keenum as well.Could see he was the leader. Goff was dunking a lot of snaps under center.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank You @So Ram for remembering our great ambassador @DaveFan'51
me71-jpg.20580

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx for all that ROD $$$ So Ram. :rockon:Care to make another wager?:cheers:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I have one....I bet you post something positive about Jamil Demby after watching him in this year's training camp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Lol - might have learned my lesson. Really though we can see what camp prospects look like. I enjoy the camp roster battles. It really comes down to numbers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have one....I bet you post something positive about Jamil Demby after watching him in this year's training camp.

Will see what the competition looks like. He is almost like a veteran. Lol - unbelievable the trust & faith Mcvay has in Kromer coaching & system.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Let's do it! Loser get's several years of snow plow work in upstate New York! ~bubba

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thank You @So Ram for remembering our great ambassador @DaveFan'51
me71-jpg.20580

Thinking how much he would have enjoyed this run The Rams have had. Always positive.
I remember wanting to meet him or get him a ticket to the Cajun fest in Simi Valley memorial weekend & then finding out he passed. He was an original for sure. Real pleasant.

Wanting to get him to a training camp as well.He was good family man.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So if I said something like "I'm positive that Demby won't make the 55 man roster." Does that count as a positive?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brockers has always been the leader of the DL . Of course Aaron Donald has not been to training camp for 2 years. Then when he was it was Quinn & Brokers. The 2nd year it was Brockers & Ogletree . Fox & Westbrooks were a big part of the DL back then.
Last season it was Brockers & Suh that we’re the veterans. I wonder what this year will bring.
Clay, Donald,Weddle , & even Fowler ??
Folks can say what they want about contracts & all.
I like to see the bonding of players & get a vibe for the players interactions.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Make take from some past camps as well.

The Offensive line. Was cool to see Saffold bond with Sullivan & Whitworth. Jared Goff has always been in connection with them. He will come of the field talk to them, and then moves on. He has shown great leadership. Saffold was a doubter of what the future was going to bring before & going into Mcvays first
Season.
Saffold was down on himself & Brown & Big Rob Hav sort of we’re finding themselves.It evolved in a neat way. Whitworth bringing the Big 5 going together for dinners night before game days. That is aftermath though from the scrimmage.

Last season Whitworth was working with Noteboom.They both would pack a punch.
That’s why Noteboom would make a good LT. He is able to keep DL man a-bay. Learning from one of the best.
Sullivan doing the same with Allen.

Big Rob when injured his first season at UCI showed leadership. He kept in tune. He has sort of meshed in well.
Blythe of all players seems to go unnoticed. Which in away is a good thing.Shows he is solid. I thought Noteboom was going to get the starting RG position, but Blythe earned. Noteboom being the back up LT.
Really curious about how the group stacks up this season. I expect Big Rob to be a bigger part of the leadership. Then again Allen is the Man in the Middle. Whitworth will be passing the torch after this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gurley the last 2 seasons stays after practice to work on his pass catching & route running. He has lead by example by always running hard. It will be interesting how he monitors his reps ??
I also wonder how the RB position plays out. There has never been much real competition & depth sort of speak.

-Snead had a Philosophy that there is only one ball,so he won’t draft a RB to highly.

Drafting Kelly last season The Rams needed a little more depth & value was there. Now this season with Henderson Mcvay seems to have a little more influence now with having more weapons as he puts it.
Malcom Brown is not a guy that stands out in practice. He has shown his value, plus is a good special teams guy.
I have not dialed in on the RB group as much over the years as well.They tend to workout more in the center of the 2 fields.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last season I found it interesting that towards the beginning of group sessions Woods & Copper Kupp would come out late & together.
They are like the star characters!! Cool to see there entrance. I don’t know why that was, but saw it 2 days in a row last season.

Cook was like McVays favorite new toy. He used him in a lot of different ways.

At the end of one practice. Goff & Cooks worked on routes & red zone together.

*** I have to Laugh. This tall Long haired Blonde guy shows up on offense a lot dealing with the football a lot. He was out there with them as well as I recall. He is a different kind of cat.
Reynolds was starting to show up during the 1’s . Talib is competitive on corner routes. Some good battles in red zones.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
When you go to training camp, what you’ll see in warm ups drills during the LB drills you will
See now All Pro Jake Mcquade doing nice tackling of the bag laying out on the padded mattress. Dude has form.

During special team drills Littleton & Bryce Hager work with each other a lot. Having fun with it pushing each other.

** I’ll add Troy Hill works hard in drills.

Marquise Christian stepped up in live drills. I think it was a team scrimmage, he helped the defense with the win ??

Pleasant really gets into the D’ during scrimmages. Yelling out his reads & asking players to talk.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
04EE4C39-9028-43F3-BD82-3229174CE697.png
04EE4C39-9028-43F3-BD82-3229174CE697.png

A rookie at posting, but Gurley working after practice, &
Mcvay with his new toy. Cook should be a lot better after a full year in the system. He has moved around a lot in his career already. Worthy of a 1st rd pick.

Attachments

• 87CC4EF7-0B8F-4207-9765-F2DDA605AD7D.jpeg
    87CC4EF7-0B8F-4207-9765-F2DDA605AD7D.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 59