GRob To Make Call To Goodell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well he should, because he is getting targeted by officials, and since Goodell is taking calls and "looking into" officiating on other players behalf, he has opened the floodgates for players to bypass "chain of command", i.e. player or union rep.

For the commissioner of football to personally answer a player.personally will show "favoritism" if he doesn't respond to other players complaints

Goodell stepped on his dyck again.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a 15 yard penalty #73 for unsportsmanlike conduct against poor Goodell .

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't anything changed from Newton meeting with Goodell. He only met with Newton to give the appearance that he cares. Newton will still take big hits just like every other player in this league.

JackStraw

Rookie
I'm willing to accept 2-3 holding calls for GRob every game as long he can make up for it with some clutch blocking(2 holding calls? Then you better make blocks that clearly accumulate over 30 yards)

I'll also lower my frustration with GRob if the refs would start calling flags on the multiple times AD99 and RQ94 are held. I usually don't notice holding - but with Donald and Quinn a lot of times it's very obvious and it's during plays that convert 3rd and long.

JackStraw

Rookie
wouldn't be surprised if Newton gets some favorable calls this week
This may sound stupid but during Carolina's first possession I want someone like Barron, TJ, Tree or Donald to hit Cam hard and late - make it count!(as long as it doesn't result in ejection). It will help in the long run. Get in his head, hopefully leading to fear/frustration and timely retaliation and mistakes. Our defense is in desperate need of a 3+ take away game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This may sound stupid but during Carolina's first possession I want someone like Barron, TJ, Tree or Donald to hit Cam hard and late - make it count!(as long as it doesn't result in ejection). It will help in the long run. Get in his head, hopefully leading to fear/frustration and timely retaliation and mistakes. Our defense is in desperate need of a 3+ take away game.
That could also backfire.
It could also just as easily fire him and the rest of the team up to the point they play out of their minds.

JackStraw

Rookie
That could also backfire.
It could also just as easily fire him and the rest of the team up to the point they play out of their minds.
No doubt. But I think being in front of home crowd reduces chances of having it backfire. I don't watch much NFL but it seems like the young/talented Ram's defense plays with as much fire as any in the league. If only we had a veteran LB/DB that could help prevent any self sabotaging energy

Something tells me a Greg Williams coached team isn't afraid to get a little blood on their hands. Specially considering how public Cam has been about getting ribbed and his history of poor performance when he takes a beating

The best defensive game Rams played without question was vs SEA. Can't deny/ignore that the D was clearly riding on adrenaline in full kill mode, realizing they needed to perform well if there was any chance of winning. Whatever it takes to get them in that mindset i'm down for. This team is in desperate need to get the sparks flowing again. The defense played great vs NYG but that pathetic London energy made difficult for them to get fired up. A fired up defense SHOULD create a little friendly competition with the offense, creating some inspiration along the way.

The key is limiting points early. This year any time our opponent's offense would get on a roll our defense took an emotional plummet and their loss of enthusiasm//appetite for destruction appeared to be worn on their sleeves.

Basically, we really need Quinn back striping, sacking, flailing, and punishing. It's been weeks since we've injured a QB and i'm ready to see that golf cart again:D :boxing:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I don't anything changed from Newton meeting with Goodell. He only met with Newton to give the appearance that he cares. Newton will still take big hits just like every other player in this league.

It did show favoritism and was very unprofessional. Ron Rivera should have told Cam not to contact RG, but to let the team handle it the same way all other teams do, by having a phone meeting with Cam RG made himself and the league look bad and gives fans even more reason to belive the league plays favorites in regards to officiating. RG should have fined Cam for by passing the system that is in place as a deterent to other players, now anytime a player feels he is being targeted or treated unfairly they can just call the commish and he will take care of it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goodell: "Hello, this is Roger."

GRob: "Hey commish, this is Greg Robinson, we need to talk."

Goodell: "Oh, my car is here? I'll be right down."

GRob: "Wait. What?"

Goodell: <click>

JackStraw

Rookie
I hope GRob looking into the camera on draft day promising us we were not going to regret it doesn't surpass watching Bruce pose with a Niners uniform as my most disappointing off the field Ram's memory.