Draft:CB's and Safeties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So with all the talk about OL and Clowney I figured we might as well talk about another area I think we all agree needs to be upgraded. These are two of my favorite players I hope we get at least one of. I think both have a ton of physicality and bring the "wood". Not to mention both can cover. I love the way Pryor attacks the ball. Baptiste isn't the top guys being talked about but the kid can play.

Who you got?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It is well known I love Pryor. But Jean-Baptiste ....I never really paid any attention to him until the Senior Bowl ... and he was intriguing there. Solid reports on his practice week as well. That highlight vid intrigues me even more. isn't he something like 6'2-3" ??

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It is well known I love Pryor. But Jean-Baptiste ....I never really paid any attention to him until the Senior Bowl ... and he was intriguing there. Solid reports on his practice week as well. That highlight vid intrigues me even more. isn't he something like 6'2-3" ??

I'm with you on Pryor Redding. He is my man crush of the draft. Each year i have one and this year it is him. I am going to be so sad when i hear his name called to a team other than the Rams.

As for Baptiste.....I liked him a lot during the season, but the more i read and watched, I am not sure he is physical enough for Fishers liking. As a 6'3 CB, I expect you to be physical, and he just doesn't cut it in my eyes. Verrett who is 5'10 is more physical than him. If you can't use your size to your advantage, then I don't want you. I am saying this as a guy who was very high on him earlier in the season.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm with you on Pryor Redding. He is my man crush of the draft. Each year i have one and this year it is him. I am going to be so sad when i hear his name called to a team other than the Rams.

As for Baptiste.....I liked him a lot during the season, but the more i read and watched, I am not sure he is physical enough for Fishers liking. As a 6'3 CB, I expect you to be physical, and he just doesn't cut it in my eyes. Verrett who is 5'10 is more physical than him. If you can't use your size to your advantage, then I don't want you. I am saying this as a guy who was very high on him earlier in the season.
Like I said ... didn't see much at all of him during the season ... but started hearing about him leading up to the Sr. Bowl ... then watched that game and then that highlight vid and it didn't look all that bad. He looks better than McGee LOL ;) I'm just saying ... with his size ... and possibly a mid rd. pick ... he can be coached up ... add some muscle. 6'3" CB's don't grow on trees :)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Baptiste is only ranked #12 for CB's which is really surprising to me. He almost 6'3" 215lbs. I think we need a bigger type cover corner for the larger WR's we face.
Could be a late round steal. Of course I'd like Dennard or Gilbert but probably gone unless we make a trade.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Got it. The first two picks would certainly make our D that much better. I don't know as much about the other 2nd round choices. Will take a look.
I'm a fan of Thomas so I like it.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'll definitely check into those guys for sure.