Didn’t we just score 33 points WITHOUT Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh, well, I was responding to this part of your quote:

Sam has the arm to be good and even great. Hill doesn't.

I read it as a bit of a bash at Hill as if he didn't have the arm to be good or even great. That's how it read to me and I disagree with that.

I don't think Hill is going to be great, but with this setup, I think he could be pretty dang good. And if Trent Dilfer could win a SB ring and Eli Manning can win TWO rings... then I think we've got a really good shot with Shaun Hill.

I'm still VERY optimistic about the Rams' chances.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, well, I was responding to this part of your quote:

I read it as a bit of a bash at Hill as if he didn't have the arm to be good or even great. That's how it read to me and I disagree with that.

I don't think Hill is going to be great, but with this setup, I think he could be pretty dang good. And if Trent Dilfer could win a SB ring and Eli Manning can win TWO rings... then I think we've got a really good shot with Shaun Hill.

I'm still VERY optimistic about the Rams' chances.

I wouldn't call Dilfer good when the Ravens won.

I don't think Hill will be good. A good QB to me is a fringe top 10 QB. Hill isn't that caliber of QB.

Regardless, I agree that Hill is capable of keeping this team competitive and solid play.

I think something like 3500 yards, 20 TDs, 14 Ints, and a 83-85 QB Rating if he stays healthy is a fair expectation for him.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, he will be and we'll both be glad when I'm right! hahaha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he will be and we'll both be glad when I'm right! hahaha

I hope so. If the guy throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs, you'll hear no complaints from me.(except, maybe, our Super Bowl parade was on the wrong day)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I can live with that... They always throw the parade on the wrong day, btw. That's inevitable. Something about finally getting a day off and weather and plane delays...

cracengl

Rookie
And that trend should continue if every team has the Browns' 2nd string defense on the field. :shades:
I'd be willing to wager heavily on it continuing with the Brown's first team. Is it too late to alter the schedule to play them, Jacksonville, and Buffalo 4 to 5 times a piece all year?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
OK, I love me some Sam Bradford but in this preseason game, without Bradford for the most part – 33 points, 472 yards total, 8.3 ypp.

It’s a long season for everyone and we DO have some horses on Offense now.

Just sayin’………..

Not on a first string defense.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's not about stats. You can see the difference between Bradford and Hill watching the games. Sam has the arm to be good and even great. Hill doesn't.

That's a fair assessment, but stats show history. And Hill has lead one less game winning drive than Sam. So, maybe he can't necessarily take over a game, but he still gives you almost the same chance to win the game. And a hell of a lot better chance then Clemens.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Hill can read defenses, could that matter more than who he's throwing to?
I was at the AZ game last year, 2nd row in the end zone and Clemens got sacked in the end zone for a safety about 15 feet away from me. I could see the blitz coming and he/Clemens somehow didn't see it and have someone pick it up, call an audible, or call a time out. It's hard to do that on the road, but it was an ugly play with the blitzer basically getting to Clemens untouched even though he lined up and showed his hand, almost sending a greeting card that he was bringing the heat. If Hill can improve that aspect of the game (and he will), it's huge for us.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It's preseason. Most of our points were scored by our 2nd and 3rd units, guys who are barely ever going to see the field, so hard to say the final score means much of anything.

The really encouraging part is how well our 2nd unit did against the Browns starters. How much of that is the Browns being bad at football and how much of it us playing well is up for question. But either way when your backups put a beating on another team's starters that show something about your depth.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The really encouraging part is how well our 2nd unit did against the Browns starters. How much of that is the Browns being bad at football and how much of it us playing well is up for question. But either way when your backups put a beating on another team's starters that show something about your depth.
The Browns looked awful....And we looked outstanding....So it's probably a lil of both

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The Browns looked awful....And we looked outstanding....So it's probably a lil of both

Wasn't it Eugene Sims that whooped Joe Thomas, one of, if not the best OT in the league?

That tells you how good our line is.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wasn't it Eugene Sims that whooped Joe Thomas, one of, if not the best OT in the league?

That tells you how good our line is.
I was watching #97...Phenomenal athlete...Runs like a horse....I'd put him right in there with Quinn as top athlete on the D-Line.....

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
call me crazy but last year I saw our team rally behind Clemons like never before. I believe they will do the same for Hill. Next year we draft a QB with our first pick and we let him sit a year and learn the playbook ( old school). In the meantime we ride the Hill bus to the playoffs. :) However, if Vick can be had for a seasonable 5th round pick i'd say we grab him.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If I'm not mistaken the Browns 1st string D was in their at the beginning of the 2nd half,were they not? that's what 23 points against them, that's good!

I grant you 23 points. ;)
And true it's not bad.